FedEx Freight | FXF Inc. Health benefits package

Our insurance sux. The funny thing is that the people that present the "new" packages to us try so hard to make it sound better but I think they need a little bit more used car salesman training to get me to believe their line of crap.:hysterical:

Our insurance sux. The funny thing is that the people that present the "new" packages to us try so hard to make it sound better but I think they need a little bit more used car salesman training to get me to believe their line of crap.:hysterical:

Please dont compare harrison to used car salesmen, its an insult to used car salesmen.:hide:

I watched the video and compared the previous years package to this years package.. I will have to say that I am impressed and think some really good changes were made. I like the options, and the orhidontal (sp?) coverage was much needed.

I did the math on the base plan with deductable vs the buy up with duductable... I will save myself $30 a month using the base plan (I have bought up in the past) Yes the ductuable is $30 more.. but if I bought up, I would pay $400 over the course of a year.

In the economic times we are in, I figured we would see an increase.... especially after watching MSNBC's special on corporate health care..

I like...

Where can we find his video?

We had our meeting this morning,,,, video is EXTREMLEY BORING,,,, but,,,, our ccm answered alot of good questions.... Thanks B W ..... Wife and I added it up,,, and its not a bad deal,,,,compared to last year, compared to what the whole world is going through right now,,,,, we are glad to have income AND insurance......... Alot of people are worse off.......

Where can we find his video?

You should start seeing it circulate Monday. Each center is supposed to hold meetings for everyone to watch. Some info should have reached your houses by mail last week.

If you have not seen where your manager has set up to watch the video, then ask him/her about it.

21 min long..

Difference in FXNL and FXF / FXF System premiums

Well, just wanted to let you know what answer I received when I inquired about the premium difference for the OAP1 for FXF and FXNL ...

Q: Hey,

Anybody would like to explain the significant (32%) difference in employee premiums between FXNL employees ($65 bi-weekly) and FXF / FXF System employees ($95 bi-weekly) premiums for the OAP1 plan?

Very curious (since I was under the impression that the goal was an alignment of employee benefits between the FedEx LTL OpCos),

A: As we move towards the participation in the common benefit programs and contribution strategies, National has more of a move to get to the same level as the other companies. The only premium difference is the OAP1 . OAP 2&3 are the same premium for all LTL's.

Because of all the changes within one year for National, it was decided to place National on a 2 year step up program to allow "catch up time" to align all three LTL carriers to the same premium. By 2011 all three LTL's will have the same premium costs.

East and System as well as West have already gone through this process.

Thank you for your question.

Thats what I was wondering. Why do we just get a flyer outlining major points? What ever happened to the summary plan description books we used to get. Everything used to be written in black and white, we knew what the coverage was. If you were not sure, you could consult the book and check for yourself. Now if Cigna says it is not covered, you have no way of verifying it, and have to take them at their word.

It's the FedEx way, the less information they make available to us , the easier it is for them to change the information to their benefit. I'm sure they will tell you "more information on company website". They did the same with the drivers policy manual. Remember?:Bondage:

There is no East or West after 12/31, only FXF Inc, FXF System and FXF National and they will all have the same options.. Only difference is CA employees have some choices other states don't. IMO the choices are not as good as what East/System had in the past.

National will also be paying less. Looked at a buddies a few days ago. The guys in California have the option of Kaiser Permanente, which wasn't bad 15 years ago or so when I lived out there and had Kaiser. But times change. I know my buds at national aren't happy about going to Cigna. Aetna is way better!!!!!!

It's the FedEx way, the less information they make available to us , the easier it is for them to change the information to their benefit. I'm sure they will tell you "more information on company website". They did the same with the drivers policy manual. Remember?:Bondage:

For as long as I can remember, we have received the Plan Summary Guides in December/January. About the same time that the cards arrive.

National will also be paying less. Looked at a buddies a few days ago. The guys in California have the option of Kaiser Permanente, which wasn't bad 15 years ago or so when I lived out there and had Kaiser. But times change. I know my buds at national aren't happy about going to Cigna. Aetna is way better!!!!!!

Like it was pointed out earlier, FedEx is self insured. Cigna is a third party administrator. It doesn’t matter if it is Cigna or Aetna. FedEx determines how much they will pay and how much it will cost us.

What plan are you guys taking and why ?
This should bring some spirited conversation .