R&L | Garbage outfit

There's gotta be more to that story than what you are letting on. If the company is so bad why not just quit?

Hockey Puck said:
SSinner - You had the legal right to apply for FMLA when your wife had a baby to take off the limited time that you wanted. of course it would have been without pay. Not sure on exactly how much time you could have taken, but I believe in that case you could have had 6 weeks.
I think its actually 6 months, could be wrong though.

Yea i find this shocking. Getting denied for birth of a child... Something stinks.. Did you call corporate???????? If they knew about this heads would have rolled. So whats the real story????????????????????????????

rubber duck said:
Did you call corporate???????? If they knew about this heads would have rolled.

Yeah, right.

Why should they get involved? They only concern themselves with issues at individual terminals when it starts costing them money.

FMLA is 12 weeks no pay in a rolling 12 month period beginning when you 1st take off..I have had FMLA here at r&l due to health issues..they never complained ..gave me my old bid back when I returned..has to be more to story as to the real reason why. I do know if you are a new hire and still on probation/ they are very strict about time off except for death in immediate family..If the terminal is new or very small you can look not to have approved time off./ just take off and sign the write up...reminds me of the Green Machine I was a member of...just BS / and learn to work around it ..HOOOO RAHHH..:cool:

I did take the right up for taking 2 days.I also didnt have anything on my record after 2 and half years with the company. I didnt call corporate because I needed the job at the time and didnt want to risk pissing of the management. I really had it easy and still do, but I have already found a new job. All of a sudden they dont have enough drivers in Chicago and Elgin. I wonder if that could be because they have run off 50 percent of the guys that were there when I started. just so everyone knows, i didnt post this to be a whinner, I have over 25 years experience in trucking. I just want to be treated with respect by management, not told i guess I didnt plan properly by using my 3 lousey sick days when I had pnemonia. Thats what i was told when i asked for my weeks vacation when my son was born. My one lousey weeks vacation,I didnt plan properly!

if you have been here that long/ I have to agree writing you up for that was cruel.. did not plan properly// where have I heard that one from..ahhh so..3rd marines 1969 somewhere in virus infected jungle..I did not plan properly when my feet were rotting off due to being wet for 30 days straight.:nutkick: .works for me..:duh:

SSinner said:
I did take the right up for taking 2 days.I also didnt have anything on my record after 2 and half years with the company. I didnt call corporate because I needed the job at the time and didnt want to risk pissing of the management. I really had it easy and still do, but I have already found a new job. All of a sudden they dont have enough drivers in Chicago and Elgin. I wonder if that could be because they have run off 50 percent of the guys that were there when I started. just so everyone knows, i didnt post this to be a whinner, I have over 25 years experience in trucking. I just want to be treated with respect by management, not told i guess I didnt plan properly by using my 3 lousey sick days when I had pnemonia. Thats what i was told when i asked for my weeks vacation when my son was born. My one lousey weeks vacation,I didnt plan properly!
Respect by management not in our life time:Bondage:

SSinner said:
. Thats what i was told when i asked for my weeks vacation when my son was born. My one lousey weeks vacation,I didnt plan properly!

Well, I hate to pay devil's advocate here, but you did see this coming in advance.
Pregnancy can be a surprise, but generally childbirth is fairly predictable.
Just how close were you to the due date when you asked for the time off?