New Penn | Get your head out of the sand

Thanks! And remember, this time get it right. Vote with your Brains and not your Balls.Now its time to try and save your jobs. LOL NP drivers!

Could not have said it better Trucker 999.....No one is untouchable....The sad part about it is outside of the Northeast, nobody even knows who New Penn is. They only account for 10% of the teamster population at YRC and are legends in their own mind. Now the legends will vote YES, to save their jobs, but like everyone on these boards have been saying all along, it is now over. YRC has a clear understanding that New Penn does not want to be part of the solution, so we will be history over the next few weeks if not sooner...Already cleaned my desk out and going on my final interview this week with Conway Freight.....:TR10driving03:

Good luck! Many New Penn folks are speaking with the competition. After last weeks post by 375, that said a ton! Whether YRC follows through with a COO to merge New Penn into YRC is another thing, but I certainly do not see YRC letting it go unanswered! If it does happen, Holland would be soon to follow.

Zollars and Smid came from Yellow and Roadway. They are going to do whatever it takes to keep YRC in business to satisfy their ego. New Penn, Holland, Reddaway are all targets. Much easier to fold regionals into national LTL system than chopping up YRC and folding it into regionals. We all know the regionals are profitable and managed much better than YRC. YRCW press releases stress further integration and closure of 90 additional terminals. Has anyone added up the # of New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway terminals presently operating? See the connection?:annoyed:

If you listened to our union there is no plan to go through with the change if the vote is a yes. Now I know I don't know everything but why would they lets us re vote, if they wanted the change YRCW would of just done it. Now I know some of you will all have jobs because your local's have movie but don't think we all have this opportunity you have. There is almost 13% unemployment in the state I live in. My vote has changed to a yes for the simple reason I need a job and love my famlies free benefits!

If you listened to our union there is no plan to go through with the change if the vote is a yes. Now I know I don't know everything but why would they lets us re vote, if they wanted the change YRCW would of just done it. Now I know some of you will all have jobs because your local's have movie but don't think we all have this opportunity you have. There is almost 13% unemployment in the state I live in. My vote has changed to a yes for the simple reason I need a job and love my famlies free benefits!

Sorry no Movies jobs in Philly. I also Love my family and will vote NO. I love my free PENSION and higher wages and my health care. PLUS I voted already. AND AS FAR AS I KNOW WE DON'T DO OVERS. IF we did better call John McCain he might be interested. DO you think it is right to have to throw out over 700 NO VOTES and RE-VOTE???. KIND OF UNAMERICAN WOULDN'T YOU SAY.Stand up and have your vote counted-Not if your a TEAMSTER and don't vote the right way. Theres so many people who are afraid for there job that they will let the company and are union take away one of our basic rights. The right to vote and have it count....

Sorry no Movies jobs in Philly. I also Love my family and will vote NO. I love my free PENSION and higher wages and my health care. PLUS I voted already. AND AS FAR AS I KNOW WE DON'T DO OVERS. IF we did better call John McCain he might be interested. DO you think it is right to have to throw out over 700 NO VOTES and RE-VOTE???. KIND OF UNAMERICAN WOULDN'T YOU SAY.Stand up and have your vote counted-Not if your a TEAMSTER and don't vote the right way. Theres so many people who are afraid for there job that they will let the company and are union take away one of our basic rights. The right to vote and have it count....

I agree. I would also like to point out the following: A company signs a labor contract with the IBT binding management and labor to the same set of rules. Company tries to change rules and has labor vote to accept or deny changes company wants to make. Labor votes NO by large margin to changes proposed by company. Company then threatens to close and put all labor out of work unless labor reconsiders. Labor believes threat, votes again, and accepts company changes.

After this happens, how can the IBT ever expect to organize another group of workers? If the above scenario becomes reality after Labor Day then any benefit to organizing labor is gone. A YES vote from New Penn Teamsters weakens the NMFA even more as well as every other labor contract ever written or to be negotiated in the future. This isn't about us small group here at New Penn guys. This vote is about the future of labor unions in this country. I hope all of you can read this post and think about it before firing off some insult to me out of anger. I am angry too. I have a family that needs a paycheck and healthcare too. In the future there will be millions of people in the same position of needing a good-paying union job with benefits to provide for their families. I will vote NO and go on with my life if YRCW closes New Penn. My family will be OK and I will still be able to look at myself in the mirror knowing I did the right thing for families everywhere. Standing up to company threats is what Teamsters do best! How many of my New Penn Proud brothers have the guts to put it all on the line like I will?