FedEx Freight | Getting Hired

Who knows with the experience, might eventually get home every night with Estes. (don't give my hopes up people lol)

stay where you are.. At fedex or Conway you will be on dock and not see a Road drivers job for about 2 years or more.

Well I just got hired on at Estes. As an extra board Road driver.which means I will be going from terminal to terminal, dropping and hooking doubles. taking my 10 hour breaks in motels, and then getting home on the weekends for my reset. Which is not my ideal job. I wanted to be home every night which Is why I still want to get on with FedEx if they'd hire me. Applied at 2 terminals and no luck. Hopefully with some experience at Estes I can try again later with FXF and be home every night. Which is ultimately my goal!

Fedex is a good job no doubt, but it ain't the end all of jobs JRut, you did good hiring with Estes, your at the top of your game, stay there and while you lack in seniority move to hub or combo or city, right now you have nothing to lose, from reading the Estes guys posts, you will make alot of money on extraboard, but if you wanna be home and make that kind of dough at fedex, its gonna take a long time, especially with all their changes, home time or money? Which will it be? If money ain't the issue, make the change with Estes to city.

Fedex is a good job no doubt, but it ain't the end all of jobs JRut, you did good hiring with Estes, your at the top of your game, stay there and while you lack in seniority move to hub or combo or city, right now you have nothing to lose, from reading the Estes guys posts, you will make alot of money on extraboard, but if you wanna be home and make that kind of dough at fedex, its gonna take a long time, especially with all their changes, home time or money? Which will it be? If money ain't the issue, make the change with Estes to city.

GT is right! You have hired on with a good company.

Stay put...put your time in. You are a young person with many years ahead of you. I wish I had made the score you have those many years ago.

As you accumulate time in grade opportunities will open up. IIRC you indicated being 23 years of age. You have landed a very good position at a perfect age.

You will have to put in your time...doing things that may not be conducive to your desires. That is the way this business operates.

But over time that will change.

If you are not familiar with this lifestyle it can be discouraging...but don't give up. Find yourself a mentor...someone to whom you can ask questions and get advice...there is ALWAYS someone willing to help. Use their experiences and advice...it can be invaluable.

You are going to be making money equal to or exceeding those around you with BS or MS degrees. This will continue to be the case given the upcoming and aggressively encroaching 'qualified' driver shortage.

You have done very well. Take the ball and run with it.:1036316054:

Rat

Listen JRut, you are getting some good advice, if home time ain't the issue, stay xtra board and bank, in a few, you could go to combo, city, or hub and be home at night or during the day, I like being at the house during the day so hub would be the choice for me, however, that xtra board, man, that would be hard to give up, even though you are gone.

I would be super fat! I love to get a large pizza delivered, and a couple bottles of diet pepsi or coke, regular coke not diet, when I stay in motels....its just what I do...its just how I roll...LOL!!! :)

Thanks for all of your input..I DO plan on sticking with Estes for a while and making some good money, NOT touching freight. Did drug test and physical now just waiting on the call. They need to hurry cuz I'm ready to hit the highway!

JRut you want to be home every night. Several of our people miss our layovers, I know I do.
My tax return sure misses my layovers and I sure miss gassing up my pickup half as often.

JRut you want to be home every night. Several of our people miss our layovers, I know I do.
My tax return sure misses my layovers and I sure miss gassing up my pickup half as often.

RC, Obama has pontificated to all of us that we need to scrap our pickups and get powder blue Prius's. That way we can save the world one car at a time. Why won't you get on board with the rest of us??? And don't you dare tell us that you actually need a pickup, or I'll have to shame you with the truth of how we're destroying the environment because we're greedy, fat and lazy. Just ask the guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, thanks to him, I"m becoming ashamed to be an heterosexual amerikan. I may have to become homosexual Euro-trash.

Nah, never happen.

ST

There is without a doubt a growing movement that wants our society to be one big large fudge packing, carpet munching loving community. Im perplexed as to why the establishment is shoving this agenda down our throats. (no pun intended) but I find this very worrisome. Go Estes!