XPO | Getting rehired

hockeyfanatic

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey all first post on here. I am a former CCX/Con-way employee. I left the company about 3 years ago on my own. The manager put down ineligible for rehire because he was upset I was leaving on my form. I moved to another part of the country. Now 3 years later I saw an opening and applied to see what would happen and I got a call for an interview. I talked to the SCM on the phone and told him the situation about when I resigned and he still wants me to come in for a face to face interview.

I actually miss the old CCX days when I filled out an app at the service center. Old school I know

I have a couple questions if you don't mind.
How does the online application process work - does it go to HR then forwarded to the service center manger and if it did wouldn't they see the ineligible for rehire marked?

I am nervous about doing all this for nothing.

Conway is not was it was in the old school days. You might say it's only been 3 yrs but in those 3 yrs this company has gone to crap. If I were u and if u will obviously be starting over try else where. Had this been 3 yrs ago you would have not gotten called in but the reason he still wants to see u is because we are having trouble hiring people as many are quitting so at this moment they will take anyone and everyone. In all seriousness, try somewhere else because if you do come aboard you will be like the the heck happened?! Good luck buddy and I hope everything works out for the best
I love xcw because my wife makes me love it
J.N(xme):Emoticon_digging:

It's still a good, dependable job. Don't pay attention to the haters..most don't even work here anymore. They come here to bash and hate because they are miserable with their lives. (if I quit a place, I would never go back and constantly bash them and their employees)..but anyways... As far as I know, everything goes through Ann Arbor.

Sorry you can't get good info. on here. You used to be able to..but the ex ax grinders want to put us under the bus. You can still make some good money here and this company aint going anywhere anytime soon(that's what they hate :usa2:)..and if your used to the way the company does business, then it will be a walk in the park for you. You still get paid for all time worked and profit sharing bonus.and your home everyday. .(they hate that too...just watch). Good Luck to you, wherever you land.

Thanks for the replies. I was used to the Con-way operated but I know things have changed in the time since I left. But it is still a better job than most around here.

I hope this interview is not all for nothing with my rehire eligibilty

Thanks for the replies. I was used to the Con-way operated but I know things have changed in the time since I left. But it is still a better job than most around here.

What SC? or atleast, what state you are in?

Its not that different from when I started almost 11 years ago. Show up on time, peddle your freight, take your lunch, make your pickups, and go home.Repeat Monday thru Friday. Things are different as far as cameras and handhelds. Lots of dockhands now to but freight is freight, always has been and always will. Don't listen to the guys on here crying about how bad it is. They were not up to the challenge I guess and figured the grass is greener somewhere else. I always wish people good luck and to have a safe trip where ever there road will take them and if yours leads back to us, I wish you good luck, God bless, and have a safe trip.

I know what you mean. Leaving conway was the worst mistake of my life. I feel bad for accepting overtime after 8 in the south along with free insurance and pension at abf. The guilt is unimaginable. If only I would have tolerated the abuse longer with my head down I could still be one of the beerfd elite with a camera in my face.

I know what you mean. Leaving conway was the worst mistake of my life. I feel bad for accepting overtime after 8 in the south along with free insurance and pension at abf. The guilt is unimaginable. If only I would have tolerated the abuse longer with my head down I could still be one of the beerfd elite with a camera in my face.

I can't dispute most of what you say, but the camera is a non-issue..you would know that if you still worked here.

Hey all first post on here. I am a former CCX/Con-way employee. I left the company about 3 years ago on my own. The manager put down ineligible for rehire because he was upset I was leaving on my form. I moved to another part of the country. Now 3 years later I saw an opening and applied to see what would happen and I got a call for an interview. I talked to the SCM on the phone and told him the situation about when I resigned and he still wants me to come in for a face to face interview.

I actually miss the old CCX days when I filled out an app at the service center. Old school I know

I have a couple questions if you don't mind.
How does the online application process work - does it go to HR then forwarded to the service center manger and if it did wouldn't they see the ineligible for rehire marked?

I am nervous about doing all this for nothing.

I would definitely explore other options if I were you. This place has gone downhill very fast in the last 3-4 years. Yeah it's a paycheck if you absolutely need one, but the management have lost all touch with reality and pretty much treat the drivers like morons, then sit back and complain that they can't find anyone to hire. Sounds like your old TM is no exception to the norm, throwing a hissy fit and making you ineligible for re-hire just because you quit.

Personally, if I didn't have as much seniority as I do at my barn, there is no way I'd stay here, let alone if I were on the bottom of the board.

Good luck in whatever you do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It's still a good, dependable job. Don't pay attention to the haters..most don't even work here anymore. They come here to bash and hate because they are miserable with their lives. (if I quit a place, I would never go back and constantly bash them and their employees)..but anyways... As far as I know, everything goes through Ann Arbor.

Sorry you can't get good info. on here. You used to be able to..but the ex ax grinders want to put us under the bus. You can still make some good money here and this company aint going anywhere anytime soon(that's what they hate :usa2:)..and if your used to the way the company does business, then it will be a walk in the park for you. You still get paid for all time worked and profit sharing bonus.and your home everyday. .(they hate that too...just watch). Good Luck to you, wherever you land.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "bad reviews" I've seen in this thread (minus Rollin) are all from CURRENT EMPLOYEES. I'm going to keep my opinion to myself on this one, I don't work here anymore. If someone wants to come back, fine. They'll see what they're getting into soon enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "bad reviews" I've seen in this thread (minus Rollin) are all from CURRENT EMPLOYEES. I'm going to keep my opinion to myself on this one, I don't work here anymore. If someone wants to come back, fine. They'll see what they're getting into soon enough.

Former employee here. Watched it all crumbling around me for four years then the good Lord blessed me with a fine job at upsf. He is right, take your chances and see how it works out for ya.

Just curious, what type is that?

/
The type that follows the rules no matter how dumb they may seem to be. And I don't get into trouble. That's why they talk bad about me. They want to be like me. this is an easy job. good money. You don't always have to be chanllenging the system. just go with the flow.

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't mean to cause any trouble on here.

I am still nervous about my interview. I am still worried about the not eligible for rehire mark, never thinking I would get an interview. I know things have changes since I left and have talked to a few drivers. I know I will be on the bottom again if I get the chance. I still think it is a good company.