Estes | getting screwed @ estes

roadmann

TB Lurker
Credits
tell us how estes has screwed you during your employment there.mine broke down for 8 hours was only paid $ 80.00.:chairshot:also i won a bid and my terminal manger changed it.dispatch told me check the bid sheet they changed it

tell us how estes has screwed you during your employment there.mine broke down for 8 hours was only paid $ 80.00.:chairshot:also i won a bid and my terminal manger changed it.dispatch told me check the bid sheet they changed it
They bought GI and ruined the good name that GI upheld and the employees to go with that. At least many were able to get out before the bottom fell out

ok there are some infuriating things in there man. did you just whine to your TM or what?? if you were broke down you should have got over 140.00 if you are a west driver. the bid, i take it you won the bid? and yes they do change bids from time to time, like gate times and even days of the week that you run. and who did you talk to about that??

ok there are some infuriating things in there man. did you just whine to your TM or what?? if you were broke down you should have got over 140.00 if you are a west driver. the bid, i take it you won the bid? and yes they do change bids from time to time, like gate times and even days of the week that you run. and who did you talk to about that??
Obviously you should give out your phone number. You of course have all the answers and the connections to Richmond. C'mon, solve all our problems and we'll get off the boards. You should be the mediator of all problems, you have all the pro Estes answers to problems that they will never take care of with us minions. Please, be our god of Estes. spew spew spew.

By the way, runs rarely change days or times, they get CUT. C U T. Can you comprehend that?

Obviously you should give out your phone number. You of course have all the answers and the connections to Richmond. C'mon, solve all our problems and we'll get off the boards. You should be the mediator of all problems, you have all the pro Estes answers to problems that they will never take care of with us minions. Please, be our god of Estes. spew spew spew.

By the way, runs rarely change days or times, they get CUT. C U T. Can you comprehend that?

i am pro-estes and i have had some possitive experiances talking to Richmond as others have. work tues-sat from 8pm MST to 4am MST i think estes is a good company and right now we are haveing growing pains givin time all things will work out and we will be 1 of the top non-union companies out there. i am for lifetime bids because of where i am at, and the things the we here have to endure. i wont bash this company but if i see something i will say what i think about it.

i have seen alot of teams running out here and when i see the teams going west i know that the next day 1 or 2 of our UT runs will be cut. but what makes me the madest is that we are told we dont have the freight to fill the lane. then i see 5 teams running west and 3 teams running east and have to say to myself. hmmm no wonder we dont have the freight someone else is pulling it.

and even though JimBob tends to be a little rough and redneckish :D heheh i made a new word :D, i have run with him MANY times and we have LONG conversations about this board and the things that are said on this board. and i have a tendancy to agree with him on his posts.

i hope this doesnt automaticly make you all hate me :hysterical:

keep the rubber side up and we will see you down the road

Isnt it, keep the rubber side down COME ON !!!!!!!!!
I agree with Jimbob on almost everything, and I dont care who hates me I have enough friends already. Yeah its irritating to see all the teams and contract running our lanes and then our guys sitting home. I really like the fact that alot of these teams are new and really do not even know how to hook a set. GI would not hire you if you didnt have experience with doubles.

Isnt it, keep the rubber side down COME ON !!!!!!!!!
I agree with Jimbob on almost everything, and I dont care who hates me I have enough friends already. Yeah its irritating to see all the teams and contract running our lanes and then our guys sitting home. I really like the fact that alot of these teams are new and really do not even know how to hook a set. GI would not hire you if you didnt have experience with doubles.

yeppers :D and i know just will fix the problem with the teams and contracters :D SNOW!! first time the snow flys we all have our runs back. well untill next late spring then all the east boys will want to drive out west agian :D

houston texas to dallas # 1 line driver days were changed from mon thru fri to sun to thur mon thru fri drivers are on call for weekend work

Hi i was just wondering why you would want a lifetime bid? What if something better comes along that your seniority could get you?

Hi i was just wondering why you would want a lifetime bid? What if something better comes along that your seniority could get you?

Don't even waste your time with that question. JIMBOB and Chris( I hope you don't hate me) Jones are the only drivers who defend them. And they don't make them selves clear why.:duh:

I have a bid but i wouldn't want this one for life that is for sure!! Things change your barn gets better runs that you might want a shot at, just my 2 cents.

The longest I have had one bid is 1 year and 2 months. I have had 4 bids in 1 year. I love the option of changing runs. Situations change and something that pays the bills this year might not next year. I know 2 drivers that want day light bids and just can not swing it now but a year or 2 down the road they could. This would open 2 of our best paying runs, and lower sen. drivers would get these prime bids. Lets look down the road and see all the possibilitys in our lives, and how things could change for the worse tommorrow. I would hate someone to have to quit because they do not have the oppurtunity to change a run to accomodate their life changes. I bet Richmond wouldnt like it if they where forced to stay in the same job with no change for 20 years. Just my two cents it aint worth a thing.

The longest I have had one bid is 1 year and 2 months. I have had 4 bids in 1 year. I love the option of changing runs. Situations change and something that pays the bills this year might not next year. I know 2 drivers that want day light bids and just can not swing it now but a year or 2 down the road they could. This would open 2 of our best paying runs, and lower sen. drivers would get these prime bids. Lets look down the road and see all the possibilitys in our lives, and how things could change for the worse tommorrow. I would hate someone to have to quit because they do not have the oppurtunity to change a run to accomodate their life changes. I bet Richmond wouldnt like it if they where forced to stay in the same job with no change for 20 years. Just my two cents it aint worth a thing.

You and i are on the same wave length things change over 20 YEARS it is nice to have options.

:beerchug:

pretty good post. but what happens when someone with more company senority transfers in. the guy that wants the daytime run, well he looses it if the more senior man wants it. so even though he wants that daytime run. he will never be secure in it.

and also people dont have to quit for the bids to change. 2 drivers here changed bids with no hassle. the night time guy and daytime guy switched, traded, or whatever you want to call it.

i want a daytime run and in time i will get a daytime run. but when i get it. i want it!! and i dont want anybody else to be able to take it, until i am ready to give it up, and i am sure that your friend will say the same thing. if you friend doesnt like the daytime run he can go talk to the guys running a run he likes and see if they would like to switch. it really isnt that hard. but the key is you need to have a friendly work atmosphere. NOT a bunch of backstbbers that only look out for themselves. if you work in that condition i am truly sorry.

I like the idea of rebidding every year but most of you guys seem to have the wrong concept of lifetime bids. This does't mean you can't rebid on an open run; the company policy is that once you bid on a run you have to stay on that bid for at least 90 days.
After 90 days you can bid on an open run if there is one available. If you choose to come off of a run before 90 days you will have to run the extra board for 90 days before you can rebid on an open run. Ya'll truck em easy see you on the blacktop.

Don't even waste your time with that question. JIMBOB and Chris( I hope you don't hate me) Jones are the only drivers who defend them. And they don't make them selves clear why.:duh:

well that could be because you refuse to talk, listen or even think about the possibilities of a lifetime bid. everyone is so scared about runs getting cut and Estes is so bad " they will screw you every time" BS!!! yes runs have been cut, yes we lost frieght ( at least we, and i mean the company, are now making money ) and yes people have been "laid off" but so what :D. give it time people, things will get better they always do, smile, be thankful that you have a job and a well paying job at that, runs will stop being cut, Estes isnt out to screw you- they are out to make money and keep you employed, and those that were "laid off" i hope the good ones come back, and the others can go with Elvis and work for the union :D

love ya

I like the idea of rebidding every year but most of you guys seem to have the wrong concept of lifetime bids. This does't mean you can't rebid on an open run; the company policy is that once you bid on a run you have to stay on that bid for at least 90 days.
After 90 days you can bid on an open run if there is one available. If you choose to come off of a run before 90 days you will have to run the extra board for 90 days before you can rebid on an open run. Ya'll truck em easy see you on the blacktop.

thank you. someone else that knows the policies.

1 question though. would you want to rebid every year using company senority??

Don't under rate yourself, your two cents is worth it. Well said.