Estes | GI wasn't perfect

roadmann he has know reason to respond to you here. He did in the thread you started but it was deleted because it is up to each member here just how much info is available to the public. If you and he wish to communicate more over this I suggest that you take it to a PM. Thank you and have a good weekend.

roadmann he has know reason to respond to you here. He did in the thread you started but it was deleted because it is up to each member here just how much info is available to the public. If you and he wish to communicate more over this I suggest that you take it to a PM. Thank you and have a good weekend.

allright you have a good weekend too!!:1036316054:

GI was afraid to ever fire anyone for doing a crappy job. I saw lazy drivers walk past dock workers who were struggling all the time and would never lend a helping hand. And also the primadonnas who absolutley wanted to do nothing like the good ole' pony tailed hippie in LMI that had his cake milk run and thats all that mattered to him. All Estes did was finally take out the trash that needed to be done, including that sorry excuse for a vp ops that we had, and his incompetant son-in-law. We actually have some real managerment now that want us to grow, not use the company to line their pockets. I remember when we got those p.o.s. mack trucks out here about 4 years ago, the ones that caught on fire and broke down. Then we got sterlings....could it be a coincidents that the vp of fleet bought tractors from his buddy at whatever company he was working for and got a kick back on top of them?? The terminal tour that the execs made every year was just a dog and pony show it was a joke. At least when junior comes to a terminal he will walk the dock, talk to employees, and he knows exactly what they do. Our last line of mgmt was afraid to get their ties dirty so they never even went out on a dock.

For all that read this comment above. It's his point of view and being he worked out of the corporate area he doesn't have all facts correct and as many Gi misfits tell you he is wrong. I'm here to say listen more and read what we put down. Many have come to smear any good Gi stood for and they never have any bad to say about Estes. The future is here and the big E will change or they will not succeed. Market share is what will keep the company going and Estes losing some everyday.

being a California based company they were affraid to fire anyone, even if they did deserve it. They coward from the fear of lawsuits. Must Ca based companies are that way. bunch of friggin cheese munchin wine sippers!

being a California based company they were affraid to fire anyone, even if they did deserve it. They coward from the fear of lawsuits. Must Ca based companies are that way. bunch of friggin cheese munchin wine sippers!

I don't know what being Cali based had anything to do with it but I do know that at least Denver area has become a hotbed of liberalism which in my point of view is the breeding grounds of all these liberal judges that put up with all this crazy sue happy BS.Not quite sure if this has migrated over the hill into western Colorado though.

For all that read this comment above. It's his point of view and being he worked out of the corporate area he doesn't have all facts correct and as many Gi misfits tell you he is wrong. I'm here to say listen more and read what we put down. Many have come to smear any good Gi stood for and they never have any bad to say about Estes. The future is here and the big E will change or they will not succeed. Market share is what will keep the company going and Estes losing some everyday.

I smell something funny.............wait a minute....its B.S.!!! :hysterical: :hysterical:

Defender Of The Universe what you see the future

Where were you when they fired people hiding :hide: :hide: They did give some breaks but they fired plenty of people that got what they deserved. This kind of nonsense is what really gives people the wrong idea. Stick to the facts and stop spreading non factually stuff

Long live pony tail hippys

GI was afraid to ever fire anyone for doing a crappy job. I saw lazy drivers walk past dock workers who were struggling all the time and would never lend a helping hand. And also the primadonnas who absolutley wanted to do nothing like the good ole' pony tailed hippie in LMI that had his cake milk run and thats all that mattered to him. All Estes did was finally take out the trash that needed to be done, including that sorry excuse for a vp ops that we had, and his incompetant son-in-law. We actually have some real managerment now that want us to grow, not use the company to line their pockets. I remember when we got those p.o.s. mack trucks out here about 4 years ago, the ones that caught on fire and broke down. Then we got sterlings....could it be a coincidents that the vp of fleet bought tractors from his buddy at whatever company he was working for and got a kick back on top of them?? The terminal tour that the execs made every year was just a dog and pony show it was a joke. At least when junior comes to a terminal he will walk the dock, talk to employees, and he knows exactly what they do. Our last line of mgmt was afraid to get their ties dirty so they never even went out on a dock.
you are wrong that hippy is a great man and only if your daddy in Richmond would of listened to him! he could of learned something! how the frieght buissness works out on the west coast!

But then no company is are they ? There are always issues of some kind or another.

GI liked to run their equipment into the ground before fixing it.

GI had a terrible administrative CO. managing their health ins. (bills not being paid on time or at all for example)

They were always reluctant to fire anyone. We had a guy forget to set the parking brakes and his truck rolled off an embankment. Do you think he got fired, nope.

Granted Estes isn't perfect either. I miss my delay pay from GI !

I also think Estes should give a perdiem to the extra board drivers for meals like GI did. I was told that the extra .005 for running the extra-board is for your meals. IF you have a good day that might buy you one item on the value menu at Mc D's.

I make pretty good money but I still don't like being on the clock for free.

Not a bad job, far better than some and not as good as others.

Sounds like Estes is still taking out the trash out west. That trash wasn't a driver. HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW???????? My only question is. Will this trash be taken to the dump or recycled back into the system somewhere? Elvis out and watching.....