Yellow | Glenmoore

I believe ATL is a railhead. They are being used to haul what the company said was time sensitive freight. Supposedly USF Glenmoore will be able to haul a certain percentage of linehaul freight and the company will reduce the amount of freight that is being hauled by rail. I thought that amount would be 4% of what was hauled by rail in the first year of the contract, and incrementally up to 9% in the final year of the contract.

yeup!!!is i recall,thar is somthing in that new roll of toilet paper bout orginizin a new preferd carrier to haul that extra stuff in%'s?????make shure that hot dawg wagon has extra condiments,slaw, krout that good spicy mustard,how bout it!!:1036316054:

Glenmoore Loads

Still wondering why Glenmoore pulls loaded trailers back east out of SLC. Have always put emptys going East to CGB on the rail.
Teams sitting on the clock or in bed as Glenmoore heads out with another load ?

The beginning of the end, thats all.

Gotcha.jpg

there are certain protections for the road board in the contract, is anyone checking this stuff out. The Glenmoore driver is supposed to be signing inbound outbound sheets(art 29 sec2a). They are not supposed to run over designated relay lines unless bid and extra board drivers are getting out(art29 sec6(2)). None of this stuff checks itself and the company WILL VIOLATE the contract until they are caught.

Article 29

there are certain protections for the road board in the contract, is anyone checking this stuff out. The Glenmoore driver is supposed to be signing inbound outbound sheets(art 29 sec2a). They are not supposed to run over designated relay lines unless bid and extra board drivers are getting out(art29 sec6(2)). None of this stuff checks itself and the company WILL VIOLATE the contract until they are caught.

Article 29 sec.2(a) is for loads being tendered to the rail at a rail origin point only. If you will read the new language in new subsection (d) of sec. 2, it states that the company will report all trailers/loads tendered to preferred carriers MONTHLY to the local union affected... There is no mention that preferred carrier drivers have to physically sign loads in or out in the manner in which we do (to either the road or the rail)...

Without specific mention in the contract that preferred carriers will sign in/out in the same manner, the company will claim that they are not contractually obligated to have them sign loads in/out in that manner and that their disclosure method is spelled out in new subsection (d) of sec. 2...

This will, more than likely, have to be grieved and settled with an agreed understanding for satisfactory method (sign in/out sheets in linehaul dispatch for preferred carriers) and unobstructed access to records of loads tendered to preferred carriers (as is enjoyed now for rail movements) because monthly disclosure by the company to the union is way too long of a reporting period and could make an Art. 29 violation and grievance untimely...

And YES you are correct that all driver protections from sec. 3 are retained by provision of sec. 6(2)...

I hope that everyone has saved their contract proposals that they received with their ballots, in the mail, and all freight bulletins that were sent by the freight director to each of us during balloting... You may need them later on, down the road...

This may sound like a dumb question. Maybe some folks can enlighten me. I ponder this everytime I see it. Why would a company want to pull so much freight off the rail and put it on the road when fuel prices are over $4.00 a gallon? I realize that rail rates have gone up quite a bit the last few years. But why do you not see UPS doing this? I know someone brought up the time sensitive freight. That seems to make more sense. They can move this a lot faster than our 62 mph trucks can.

UPS Rails

UPS has taken a lot of freight off the rail. They have been putting on lots of drivers West of Denver to handle the freight.

Article 29 sec.2(a) is for loads being tendered to the rail at a rail origin point only. If you will read the new language in new subsection (d) of sec. 2, it states that the company will report all trailers/loads tendered to preferred carriers MONTHLY to the local union affected... There is no mention that preferred carrier drivers have to physically sign loads in or out in the manner in which we do (to either the road or the rail)...

Without specific mention in the contract that preferred carriers will sign in/out in the same manner, the company will claim that they are not contractually obligated to have them sign loads in/out in that manner and that their disclosure method is spelled out in new subsection (d) of sec. 2...

This will, more than likely, have to be grieved and settled with an agreed understanding for satisfactory method (sign in/out sheets in linehaul dispatch for preferred carriers) and unobstructed access to records of loads tendered to preferred carriers (as is enjoyed now for rail movements) because monthly disclosure by the company to the union is way too long of a reporting period and could make an Art. 29 violation and grievance untimely...

And YES you are correct that all driver protections from sec. 3 are retained by provision of sec. 6(2)...

I hope that everyone has saved their contract proposals that they received with their ballots, in the mail, and all freight bulletins that were sent by the freight director to each of us during balloting... You may need them later on, down the road...

I think a "National Subcontracting Review Committee" is supposed to be created and it will have the authority to review all violations of preservation, diversion of work, subcontracting and I believe rail issues as well. So get a healthy supply of grievance forms we're gonna need 'em. :maddance3:

I think a "National Subcontracting Review Committee" is supposed to be created and it will have the authority to review all violations of preservation, diversion of work, subcontracting and I believe rail issues as well. So get a healthy supply of grievance forms we're gonna need 'em. :maddance3:

IMO,

To Little, To Late :deal: