FedEx Freight | Going in 2 hours early tomorrow for a meeting

What a waste of time. Put dispatch and the rest of the operation under the gun for the rest of the day.

Rah rah, f*cking rah. I've heard this stuff over and over and over. They no more want input from the rabble than they did before. Can you say dog & pony show?

Look, they know what will work and that is that. They've destroyed the line haul system to the point where local drivers will now have to take up the slack. Meaning start times well into the afternoon.

The tout this 50/10 thing like it's possible, (and believe me, they will reach their goal, truthfully or not), then gauge everything on lbs per hour. They don't get that you can't have less damage and lbs at the same time. I don't care how much training you give people, if they don't have the time to do it right, they won't do it right.

They are banking on Yellow tanking. And soon.

One thing the videos let us know is just how many chiefs we have. In the second video, there are like 6 people all saying the same thing making more money in the time it took to do the video than the roomful of workers who watched them kissing each other's a*ss in a month.

"Hard decisions that had to be made". Heard that like 3 times. I'm sure they lost sleep as they were wrecking people's lives. "Employee engagement". Please. That's about important to them as "diversity". I still don't know what "diversity" is. If it's listening to everyone's input then ignoring it and careen down a pre-chosen path anyway, then they've become "diverse".

Make sure you have our anti-U helmet on.

Nothing pumps me up more than seeing highly paid executives tell me how important I am to them. Then I think of all my buds whose lives have been upended and are now more dock worker than driver, or who are simply not around at all anymore. For really no good reason except for a stupid hub and spoke model and purchased transportation then wonder why they don't have enough drivers to move the "extra tonnage" in the system.

Waste of time and no new information that we haven't already heard. Yellow's going out of business. We got rid of a lot of people. Change for change sake. We love you. Sell. We have plans. We love you. Sell. You're our most important asset next to recaps. Positioning. Take lots of time at stops to sell, you have nothing better to do. We love you. Save fuel. Drive around in circles because we won't look at the routing because we need lbs per hour. And gosh darn it, we love you. No Union. Is my limo here yet?

This is got to be the biggest hunk of garbage I have heard on here yet. You got to be :shit:ting me about your ideas. If you are a road driver you probably make as much if not more than some of those executives to drive your truck and get the freight from point A to B. Now all of a sudden you think you know what it takes to run a business and survive this tough economic conditions.

Please, spare everyone your great insight and wisdom. You probably have a hard time getting yourself organized to come to work much less talk big about what needs to be done. You come on this board to give everyone your wine and cheese because you want everyone to jump on your pitty pot. Fact is, you would be mad about anything no matter what. You should be proud that the company is surviving and not taking pay away like the rest and taking the time to talk to you and tell you thanks for the job you do.

Some one needs to give this guy a some pills to wake up and smell the coffee of reality. Please don't try to act like you are speaking on behalf of the majority... cause it is just a selfish perspective and that's about it.

Heck every day that I was to have the meeting I got called in eairlier that the meeting time. They tried for four days and still have not been able to get a few of us in there now I think they have forgotten. I wont be able to get it in this week becuse we are getting more freight than we have people to move it wich is a good problemm, just makes for long endless days. Ohwell maybe someday.

Redshirt alert

This is got to be the biggest hunk of garbage I have heard on here yet. You got to be :shit:ting me about your ideas. If you are a road driver you probably make as much if not more than some of those executives to drive your truck and get the freight from point A to B. Now all of a sudden you think you know what it takes to run a business and survive this tough economic conditions.

Please, spare everyone your great insight and wisdom. You probably have a hard time getting yourself organized to come to work much less talk big about what needs to be done. You come on this board to give everyone your wine and cheese because you want everyone to jump on your pitty pot. Fact is, you would be mad about anything no matter what. You should be proud that the company is surviving and not taking pay away like the rest and taking the time to talk to you and tell you thanks for the job you do.

Some one needs to give this guy a some pills to wake up and smell the coffee of reality. Please don't try to act like you are speaking on behalf of the majority... cause it is just a selfish perspective and that's about it.

Seriously? A road driver makes more than a senior VP? Have you checked with road drivers lately?

Where did I say I know what it takes to run this business?

I don't like the dog and pony show. Don't pretend to care about me. Don't pretend to care if I'm "engaged" or not.

And it is not true that I would be "mad" no matter what. Just quit lying to me. Give me reasons. Don't pretend that the GPS units are for tracking equipment. They are for tracking me. Pure and simple. Just be up front about it. I can deal with honesty. Spin and lies **** me off.

If things are so great, why do local drivers now have to bid on line/dock/P&D positions? Why does freight sit because we don't have the line drivers to pull it? Why is freight still coming in at 10 am? Why when I call in at 9 in the morning for an exception number, they are already up to 7? Why do I watch dockworkers tear up freight daily and nothing is done about it? Why are routes loaded so we burn more fuel and waste time backtracking and nothing is done about it?

I appreciate the not taking wages from us. (Hourly that is). But we have lost money because of the non-401k matching, the take away of double time in the NW, and the cut in hours that the newer guys have to endure.

We had one full time clerk leave recently, and it's taken 4 part timers to take her place. Does that make any sense to you?

Bluedogg, you sound like a Redshirt, and that's ok. I don't envy their position either.

No one needs to jump on my pity pot because I don't have one. If you can't take criticism, that's more your problem than mine. I don't feel sorry for myself. I feel sorry for what this company has done to the character of two great companies turning us a everyday gray with nothing making us better than the others. They've taken motivated employees and stomped on them until they just don't care anymore. And if you were at my SC, I would be speaking for the majority.

bluedogg

There is nothing in your profile that says you work with us .... and not knowing about the money makes me wonder .... I know what a operations manager makes ...fact I do ... and I bet I can get within $10,000 of a center managers money ....

I'm still not getting in the dog and pony fight ... I don't agree with what franklin says sometimes .... but I still read his post and I will read yours ...I just might learn something

I might have been exaggerating a little with the road driver pay and senior vp's... but we have over 10 runs at our SC that pay close to 100,000 a year. That is not all the runs, but the high paying ones.... we have a decent sized road board and the pay I was referring to is that. When Franklin starts talking about the senior vp's pay on that video, all i could think, is that a room full of road drivers at our barn pays more that that panel up there on that video...and that is a fact.

I probably should have not said anything, but it just got under my skin. As far as my profile and tenure with company, I have worked for both AF(East) and Viking (West)... I know the cultures and changes all too well.

Bottom line here is that sometimes I can't believe what upsets people and why someone like Franklin gets all upset over some communication and acts like a victim. Especially with everything going on in the industry and economy....I have family members out of a job and stuff is hitting the fan...then you get online to chat and hear this kind of talk and blame, it is a pitty pot to no end.

I don't even want a 500 mile run everyday.....
You have no life when you work 12 hours a day everyday

wow

Bottom line here is that sometimes I can't believe what upsets people and why someone like Franklin gets all upset over some communication and acts like a victim. Especially with everything going on in the industry and economy....I have family members out of a job and stuff is hitting the fan...then you get online to chat and hear this kind of talk and blame, it is a pitty pot to no end.

Where do I act like a victim? And you consider a DVD communication? Propaganda yes, but communication? I didn't get one ounce of sincerity from anyone in that video except maybe the guy in charge of Canada. As a matter of fact, DD looked dismissive and irritated that he had to be there.

And again.... I do not feel sorry for myself, so there is no pity pot. Sorry you have family members suffering. I only want things to be better for us, and if that means bringing to light some of the stupid crap they are doing, then what's the problem?

I might have been exaggerating a little with the road driver pay and senior vp's... but we have over 10 runs at our SC that pay close to 100,000 a year.

You know, these, the dollar is bottom line Veep's are giving these run's,you mentioned the hairy eyeball.

and saying "Matter of Factly, We have to replace these driver's with 38 cent a mile purchase transportation "

cause we have to save the shareholder money, so that dividend can continue to pay 1 cent a share...

You know, these, the dollar is bottom line Veep's are giving these run's,you mentioned the hairy eyeball.

and saying "Matter of Factly, We have to replace these driver's with 38 cent a mile purchase transportation "

cause we have to save the shareholder money, so that dividend can continue to pay 1 cent a share...

Thom-8-Toes :clap:

Welcome to Truckingboards.
But if that was their thinking why are they buying so many new road trucks.

http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...89-new-kenworth-t660-tractors.html#post672501

IF.........the economy and freight levels pick up, the Purchased Transportation will probably fade a little, and FXF will have better
control of freight by hauling it ourselves with our own drivers.

:shift:

What a waste of time. Put dispatch and the rest of the operation under the gun for the rest of the day.

Rah rah, f*cking rah. I've heard this stuff over and over and over. They no more want input from the rabble than they did before. Can you say dog & pony show?

Look, they know what will work and that is that. They've destroyed the line haul system to the point where local drivers will now have to take up the slack. Meaning start times well into the afternoon.

The tout this 50/10 thing like it's possible, (and believe me, they will reach their goal, truthfully or not), then gauge everything on lbs per hour. They don't get that you can't have less damage and lbs at the same time. I don't care how much training you give people, if they don't have the time to do it right, they won't do it right.

They are banking on Yellow tanking. And soon.

One thing the videos let us know is just how many chiefs we have. In the second video, there are like 6 people all saying the same thing making more money in the time it took to do the video than the roomful of workers who watched them kissing each other's a*ss in a month.

"Hard decisions that had to be made". Heard that like 3 times. I'm sure they lost sleep as they were wrecking people's lives. "Employee engagement". Please. That's about important to them as "diversity". I still don't know what "diversity" is. If it's listening to everyone's input then ignoring it and careen down a pre-chosen path anyway, then they've become "diverse".

Make sure you have our anti-U helmet on.

Nothing pumps me up more than seeing highly paid executives tell me how important I am to them. Then I think of all my buds whose lives have been upended and are now more dock worker than driver, or who are simply not around at all anymore. For really no good reason except for a stupid hub and spoke model and purchased transportation then wonder why they don't have enough drivers to move the "extra tonnage" in the system.

Waste of time and no new information that we haven't already heard. Yellow's going out of business. We got rid of a lot of people. Change for change sake. We love you. Sell. We have plans. We love you. Sell. You're our most important asset next to recaps. Positioning. Take lots of time at stops to sell, you have nothing better to do. We love you. Save fuel. Drive around in circles because we won't look at the routing because we need lbs per hour. And gosh darn it, we love you. No Union. Is my limo here yet?

I don't know who you are...but you hit it right on the nail. I could rant on and on, but I have found no ones hears it, so I will just say.."YEAH, WHAT HE SAID!!" Oh, and...I love you.

Thom-8-Toes :clap:

Welcome to Truckingboards.
But if that was their thinking why are they buying so many new road trucks.

IF.........the economy and freight levels pick up, the Purchased Transportation will probably fade a little, and FXF will have better
control of freight by hauling it ourselves with our own drivers.

:shift:

Thanks for the welcome River17,

The T 660's could be used for in the mean time, But my guess is the next acquisition won't be cargo ships from Alaska to Japan and back...

The next acquisition will be, the purchase of a company ala CCX/CFI (CCX TRUCKLOAD) to save 1/3'rd of them $100,000.00 + salaries....man dont get me wrong I don't
want it to happen....but if they are begrudging city guys a 1/2 hour o.t. IMO, I can't see it staying the way it is.

It's ok as is, while we need it, but when we have another way of doing it, and we dont need it....>>>>>>>>LOOKOUT

it's called corporate greed in some circles

Hell, I feel left out :ranting2: Here at my center (south east) we STILL haven't seen the video or had the meeting, so I can't really comment.

They're still working on getting the 1.5 hr log test done here...

Where do I act like a victim? And you consider a DVD communication? Propaganda yes, but communication? I didn't get one ounce of sincerity from anyone in that video except maybe the guy in charge of Canada. As a matter of fact, DD looked dismissive and irritated that he had to be there.

And again.... I do not feel sorry for myself, so there is no pity pot. Sorry you have family members suffering. I only want things to be better for us, and if that means bringing to light some of the stupid crap they are doing, then what's the problem?

Franklin, I am not on here to argue or fight... I will leave well enough alone.... if that is the way you feel, then that is the way it is for you. Don't get excited because I didn't spell pity correctly. I just type away and don't get to much into the grammar technicalities on any forum that I am a part of.

Anyhow, you have a good day and I hope things brighten up for you and your future. Nothing worse than waking up everyday and being miserable. We all have choices and I refuse to feel that way and I know I have the power to control and determine how I feel. Whether that means a mental change or outlook, or an actual physical change if necessary (i.e. different job). Even if it was a cheesy video, it was just an attempt to communicate... don't let it get the best of you and determine who you are.

I thought the guy from canada looked out of place too. He looked like if he could run out the door he would have. I would give my last dollar to know what he thinks of the people he was stitting with. I bet when the taping was done he ran to the can and puked. You can always spot the few decent people this comany, they look so far out of place. One other thing, PT is here to stay, I dont care what those liars try and tell you road guys. Once they found a way to stick that money in their pocket they will never give it up.

I don't even want a 500 mile run everyday.....
You have no life when you work 12 hours a day everyday
I agree, financially this redo sux for me but in the long run it might be the best thing that could have happened.

When and if I make it back to the road I'll be looking for a short run, we have a gravy run, 1013 a week for about 30 hrs in the afternoon, before I couldn't afford to take it but just wait till I get that opportunity again, lol.

FM