Yellow | Good bye yrc Meesters

Most posted they voted no for the concessions. Most still claim they voted no. But they really did to save their jobs.

It's obvious that the sentiments expressed here never matched those among the majority of YRCF employees.

Well,we definitely have our share of so called "measters".That goes without saying.That the groundwork for this type of teamster.Was founded a few years ago in the name of givebacks or concessions.We have people that are stuck til the pension rules change.We have people trying to support a family on concessionary wages in a recession.All the while trying to keep a company afloat.Its definitely not a happy happy enviroment.Oh and our income tax went up too.Whether you voted no or yes.Doesnt seem to matter.Because our union is in control(conflict of interest) and then we have the major creditors that own a big chunk.Guess what?You don't mean a thing to this company.Whether you were yellow or roadway.not any more.

:1036316054:
Well,we definitely have our share of so called "measters".That goes without saying.That the groundwork for this type of teamster.Was founded a few years ago in the name of givebacks or concessions.We have people that are stuck til the pension rules change.We have people trying to support a family on concessionary wages in a recession.All the while trying to keep a company afloat.Its definitely not a happy happy enviroment.Oh and our income tax went up too.Whether you voted no or yes.Doesnt seem to matter.Because our union is in control(conflict of interest) and then we have the major creditors that own a big chunk.Guess what?You don't mean a thing to this company.Whether you were yellow or roadway.not any more.
t

WEll Joke, I mean Joe, I dont think you understand the whole Hostess situation. The bakers had already taken concessions not once, but twice and now were asked to give more. At least they had the dignity to stand for what they believed in unlike the spineless yes men at YRC. Comparing the Hostess situation to YRC is like comparing apples to oranges. YRC would not have shut down had we said no to concessions. So please do your homework before spouting off again....

40 years and getting out in one piece. Awesome wild thing. You are certainly entitled to any opinion you have of the meesters. This poster takes it a little further by calling them the YRC spineless yes men. I was just wondering if he was referring to the Chicago YRC teamsters too, who voted yes under duress, under pressure from the union, who were told they would be out of a job if they did not vote yes. The Chicago teamsters who reluctantly voted yes. This poster is not a meester. He is a keester. Good luck, my man

I forgot.Happy retirement.Thank God you can leave the cesspool of throat cutters(some,not all)Extra board drivers who run bids.Then they reach their lay point.Then break their bid to be extended.Or the junior men don't stick together.So that the Cumpny can run rough shod all over us.Breaking work rules at will.Yep.No sacrifice for the good of all.

:woohoo1:Best wishes to all and best wishes god bless everyone.I am out of central Pa fund taking my lump sum an running ,before Hoffa -Obama steal it .Keep on trucking:couch:::wavey:

wild thing, awesome news! I am happy for you and yours. The authors of negative posts on this thread do not have a clue! You were very gracious not to say pi$$ on the executive board of local 509. So I just said it for you!

:woohoo1:Best wishes to all and best wishes god bless everyone.I am out of central Pa fund taking my lump sum an running ,before Hoffa -Obama steal it .Keep on trucking:couch:::wavey:
Good luck, I'm in same plan you should get something every month plus the lump sum? I hope.....

yes in deed GO40 AND WILDTHING, just got mine a few months back if you have the magic # you will get both no problems , if you are short{id say you are not} but you would get the lump sum and with age get your monthly too.
btw . this retirement gig is a pretty good deal, arms legs hips and back are feeling near normal after all the years of being beaten up .best of luck you all and enjoy it , we all sure earned it .

yes in deed GO40 AND WILDTHING, just got mine a few months back if you have the magic # you will get both no problems , if you are short{id say you are not} but you would get the lump sum and with age get your monthly too.
btw . this retirement gig is a pretty good deal, arms legs hips and back are feeling near normal after all the years of being beaten up .best of luck you all and enjoy it , we all sure earned it .
I got 20 in & 25 to go hope mine will be there?

I'll be retired four years this June. This Friday February 1st. I'm applying for my social security bacon. Sure beats working on an icy cold windy dock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoaaa you're young compared to our list. You want to go another 25 years of this garbage?