FedEx Freight | Good morning drivers...

Oh give me a GD break now. This is getting ridiculous. Yea, some turd in the company thought it was a great idea to crack down on us and institute those gay new rules as of late but now thanks to a little pressure from employees and the threat of the union they backed down and I'm cool with the reversals. With that being said, this company has provided you turds with a good GD living considering many here don't have a college education and now the majority here are talking about this company as if it were some Stalinist work camp. I was on the fence but no more. Sure, they could pull this same crap in a few years but I doubt it will happen in the near future. Finally, stop making the Union sound like it's the cats pajamas because it has major flaws as well. Bet most of you bitches like your paychecks though don't ya
How long have you been with the company?

I think fedex will eventually do away with company line haul drivers. Maybe Dec.2016 or there about. The way ground is run is the way fedex wants to do business. The line haul in Canada is done by o/operators and it works out for them. That being said I do not know if the union can stop fedex from doing it however fedex wants to do it. The union has no skin in the game,the union is trying to sell something,the only way to find out if what the union is trying to sell is any good or not is to vote the union in. Fedex management does want to cut linehaul expenses anytime and anyway fedex can. The upper management at fedex have contracts and get to exercise stock options,this is how upper management makes the big bucks. Read fedex's sec filings to become aware of the contracts and stock options. If you think the union can deliver it will take a yes vote,if you think fedex will keep the employees employed and working vote no. Weigh it out it's our livelyhoods at stake.

And those "contractors" are going to drive lifts and throw boards and beams?
Climb up and down to tie stuff off while a red shirt is on their ass about BPH?
You do realize we as a work group don't do all that much trailer truckin'.

Oh give me a GD break now. This is getting ridiculous. Yea, some turd in the company thought it was a great idea to crack down on us and institute those gay new rules as of late but now thanks to a little pressure from employees and the threat of the union they backed down and I'm cool with the reversals. With that being said, this company has provided you turds with a good GD living considering many here don't have a college education and now the majority here are talking about this company as if it were some Stalinist work camp. I was on the fence but no more. Sure, they could pull this same crap in a few years but I doubt it will happen in the near future. Finally, stop making the Union sound like it's the cats pajamas because it has major flaws as well. Bet most of you bitches like your paychecks though don't ya
I know people like you can retire on $63.00 a month because its so cheap to live in the south. So you must be happy with that. Glad I didn't go to school where you did to learn that a weekly pay check is more important then a pension.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people like you can retire on $63.00 a month because its so cheap to live in the south. So you must be happy with that. Glad I didn't go to school where you did to learn that a weekly pay check is more important then a pension.

Thats my biggest thing, i don't want to work till i die because our pension sucks so bad that i can't retire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats my biggest thing, i don't want to work till i die because our pension sucks so bad that i can't retire.
Stop buying milk, eggs etc. stop paying for our ****ty health ins every week. Stop paying that ridiculous health ins deductible we have. Tell you wife ,kids , the doctors they get nothing because you have no pension and you need to put more money in a 401k that you fund yourself with a couple of company matched bucks so you can hope to retire some day.

Are you guys not familiar with the divide and conquer tactic? This is exactly what they are doing. Throw the dogs a bone and most will go back on the porch. These people aren't rookies. They pretty much wrote the modern book on keeping a union out of the workplace. They knew that by reversing the policies that chances are those on the fence would sway their way. As you can see by the reactions on here their plan was flawless!
Flawless?

Not so fast, chitown. Many drivers I've spoken to personally, who were on the fence, have come on board. Why? Because they see that this CAN make a difference.

And those "contractors" are going to drive lifts and throw boards and beams?
Climb up and down to tie stuff off while a red shirt is on their ass about BPH?
You do realize we as a work group don't do all that much trailer truckin'.

The dockworkers will be part time. Trust me on this fedex is hiring p t's daily. Anything and everything fedex does is planned out well in advance of actually implementing the changes. Fedex ground is the business model for the future of fedex freight. I would venture to speculate fedex will run the city operations the same as ground does it. The supervisors will work the dock more than they do now. The supervisors will be like managers and assistant managers at fast food restaurants. Fedex has actuarials doing the figures daily.

I have a question...? ok since this snowball is rollin and gaining speed.....if by chance this time the company as a whole doesn't go....exactly how long do you all think it would take to re-implement these rules??? seriously...the line for that pool starts to the right....I already have 24 hour time slot...from the time they scare us into submission.....just sayin...:flame:

Well this thursday I hear we are having a steak diner with all the trimmings! The fetured guest from the BIG house had a CONFLICT, reallyl? and wont be there oh well . Buisness as usual just keep getting them Benifit packages men and women the Big buffet is on its way.

your saying they might actually have a plan? an actual plan? are u on the right forum? you can't possibly be talking about fed ex freight management...please tell me your not. there s not a snowballs chance in hell they can actually put together a plan that would work like that...they are clueless.....as we all well know....please...say it ain't so joe!
The dockworkers will be part time. Trust me on this fedex is hiring p t's daily. Anything and everything fedex does is planned out well in advance of actually implementing the changes. Fedex ground is the business model for the future of fedex freight. I would venture to speculate fedex will run the city operations the same as ground does it. The supervisors will work the dock more than they do now. The supervisors will be like managers and assistant managers at fast food restaurants. Fedex has actuarials doing the figures daily.

I know I will probably get bashed for this but here we go. I have worked union and non-union. I prefer to stay non-union. I sure wish we could trust what they are trying to sell us. But it's a gamble either way. There is a lot of BS going on lately but I have to say I make a good living doing what I do. It's a lot better then when I drove over the road and for myself. Is there problems Yes do I like the stuff they push on us no. But it's my choice to stay here no one has a gun to my head to work here. The best part is if you come to work do your job go home. NO one can make FEDEX do anything they don't want to. NO one If they see that they made a mistake and are going to start treating us better so be it. If not that's their call. My wish is the first. But I will ride this pony as long as a can. But when the ride is done I will move on.

your saying they might actually have a plan? an actual plan? are u on the right forum? you can't possibly be talking about fed ex freight management...please tell me your not. there s not a snowballs chance in hell they can actually put together a plan that would work like that...they are clueless.....as we all well know....please...say it ain't so joe!
Freight gets its orders from east of the Mississippi River.Where the freight big boys and girls run into problems is how to implement and achieve said orders.

I know I will probably get bashed for this but here we go. I have worked union and non-union. I prefer to stay non-union. I sure wish we could trust what they are trying to sell us. But it's a gamble either way. There is a lot of BS going on lately but I have to say I make a good living doing what I do. It's a lot better then when I drove over the road and for myself. Is there problems Yes do I like the stuff they push on us no. But it's my choice to stay here no one has a gun to my head to work here. The best part is if you come to work do your job go home. NO one can make FEDEX do anything they don't want to. NO one If they see that they made a mistake and are going to start treating us better so be it. If not that's their call. My wish is the first. But I will ride this pony as long as a can. But when the ride is done I will move on.
Before you go could you PLEASE vote yes for the ones who will be staying?

Since I'm still on the fence, continuous union babble isn't going to be what changes my minds. If anything it just makes me wonder if I really want to deal with more people like h im.[/QUOTE] Vote no already and quit babbling

Since I'm still on the fence, continuous union babble isn't going to be what changes my minds. If anything it just makes me wonder if I really want to deal with more people like h im.
Vote no already and quit babbling[/QUOTE]

Does not sound like you are on the fence at all.

All we're seeing from the company is appeasement. Now the lips are planted on the other cheek. If they renig or try other tactics all they will get is a tidal wave up to and including a tsunami. The drivers will deliver some "corrective action" of their own. People coming off the fence, replaced by others, along with some who'll simply jump over it. The company is on probation as far as I'm concerned.

No bashing here... But since it's a GAMBLE either way, why not gamble from a position of strength? FedEx has a proven track record of squeezing more and more from us, while offering less and less in return, in comparison to most of the competition. The decline in professional treatment has become the tipping point, final straw, etc. Those orders come from higher up the chain of command than Center Managers. It is Regional Managers, all the way up to Bill Logue,who have force fed this tone and tactic on all below them. I doubt Fred himself had any clue, but then again, who knows? I've never spoken to the man.

Yes votes will prevail, it's just a matter of time.

Well... what do you guys think about the changes? The best part of the meeting was your manager lieing to your faces that it has nothing to do with the union.WOW!!!! you guys that are on the fence, do you want to put your job in lieing hands?? The union will always have your back and THAT is the truth.

Be safe.

And if FedEx decides to relocate a terminal or change its name.... And there you go! No job, no work, no pay checks. And all union will say when you call in, "Sorry no work today, try calling tomorrow, Thank-you Good-Bye. Oh I almost forgot, don't forget to send your $89 for your union dues."