Yellow | Greedy Union Brothers

oldschool988

TB Lurker
Credits
It amazes how greedy union brothers can file grievances on their laid-off union brothers for working on Sundays due to the fact that the greedy bastards prefer to work a 7th punch on Sunday than allowing a laid-off brother to work a lousy one day to have his insurance for the week. :rant:

We are our own worst enemies sometimes. I'm sure they will play the seniority longevity card. But I'd wish we play the TEAMSTER UNION ALL FOR 1 card more often!

I DONT THINK THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO FILE.COMPANY CAN WORK LAYED OFF OR CASUALS B4 OFFERING 6 AND 7 PUNCHES

i agree

[quote author=longblade link=topic=79357.msg822865#msg822865 date=1271665633]
JUST TO ADD ON ........ THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED :rant:
[/quote]

A new culture started within the teamster ranks about 20 years ago.At least that`s when I started to notice it. I saw drivers calling in to try and arrange the trips they wanted and becoming overly friendly with dispatchers and other management personel, to enhance their own paychecks,and in doing that were screwing other teamsters. Greed is a disease that grows like a cancer,and some people just can`t get enough to satisfy that hunger for money. Many years ago the teamsters stuck together a lot more than they do now. It seems they cared about one another. There are still a lot of good,decent people in the teamsters that look out for the junior and layed off people,but the bad eggs stand out like a sore thumb.

You can work one day a week and get your insurance ?
[quote author=oldschool988 link=topic=79357.msg822857#msg822857 date=1271660601]
It amazes how greedy union brothers can file grievances on their laid-off union brothers for working on Sundays due to the fact that the greedy bastards prefer to work a 7th punch on Sunday than allowing a laid-off brother to work a lousy one day to have his insurance for the week. :rant:
[/quote]

Unfortunately this is the kind of scum that dominates the pos union now(seems to have got worst after the 94 strike, all the little girls were running scared just like now). Its called the love of money, not seniority. But in their behalf they have had the experience of being taught by the most greed oriented organization of all as an example. The pos union. When this pos company closes I won't shed a tear for any of those greedy self serving trash.

I might need only one more day to get my insurance... one more day ( 8 hours ) to get my 80 hours required. :nono: I have seen the greed of the senior drivers also... yes seniority does prevail most of the time, but they might be in the same situation some day then it will matter. I believe Long blades is right.

[quote author=longblade link=topic=79357.msg822864#msg822864 date=1271665583]
I DONT THINK THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO FILE.COMPANY CAN WORK LAYED OFF OR CASUALS B4 OFFERING 6 AND 7 PUNCHES
[/quote]

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79357.msg822910#msg822910 date=1271686889]
You can work one day a week and get your insurance ?
[quote author=oldschool988 link=topic=79357.msg822857#msg822857 date=1271660601]
[/quote]
[/quote]

The Baby Boomer Generation was handed the greatest Nation on earth, now look how bad they treat the next genration. If it does not effect me I DONT CARE.

[quote author=carolinajohn link=topic=79357.msg822904#msg822904 date=1271685148]
A new culture started within the teamster ranks about 20 years ago.At least that`s when I started to notice it. I saw drivers calling in to try and arrange the trips they wanted and becoming overly friendly with dispatchers and other management personel, to enhance their own paychecks,and in doing that were screwing other teamsters. Greed is a disease that grows like a cancer,and some people just can`t get enough to satisfy that hunger for money. Many years ago the teamsters stuck together a lot more than they do now. It seems they cared about one another. There are still a lot of good,decent people in the teamsters that look out for the junior and layed off people,but the bad eggs stand out like a sore thumb.
[/quote]
You guys are dreaming. I've been a Teamster for 30 years and it has always been like this.

You need 3 days in Central States to get your insurance paid for the week,per the last contract.Use to be 2.Changed last contract.

[quote author=carolinajohn link=topic=79357.msg822904#msg822904 date=1271685148]
A new culture started within the teamster ranks about 20 years ago.At least that`s when I started to notice it. I saw drivers calling in to try and arrange the trips they wanted and becoming overly friendly with dispatchers and other management personel, to enhance their own paychecks,and in doing that were screwing other teamsters. [/quote]

[move]"I agree 100% with you on this, management wasn't my friend when they hired me and they damn sure aren't my friend now" :chairshot:[/move]
Too many times you see guys tearing down the contract trying to benefit themselves :rant:

[quote author=Stimpy link=topic=79357.msg822973#msg822973 date=1271709207]
10 days per month@ 8hrs... 80hrs a month.... not sure if overtime counts. I am joint council 40.
[/quote] Down here in Joint Council 58 Southern Region if we work 1 day we are covered under the crappy "S' plan. On the other hand if we work 3 days we are covered under the "C6" plan which is the normal plan everybody who is working is covered under.

Our ex Yeller boys are under a different Health Plan and if they work 1 day they get full coverage but us ex Roadkill's have to work 3 as in what's in the NMFA.
Now is this fair?
I don't think so.

[quote author=bud starkey link=topic=79357.msg823120#msg823120 date=1271738408]
You all would'nt be talken about 309 now would ya? :buttkisser:
[/quote]
No, that's a whole different animal.