GREENE COUNTY, TN UPS truck burned, driver killed in deadly crash on I-81

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by xanl/h, Sep 17, 2013.

1. xanl/h

xanl/h Active Member

2. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh my Lord have mercy,do I ever hate to see any of my former co-workers perish in a crash.
    "MayGod grant comfort to his family co-workers & friends,in Jesus name I pray AMEN"

3. 1tt1

1tt1 Active Member

Don't know what it is about UPS drivers that they find it necessary to ride up your rear end I see it every day...

4. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

1 tt 1 im glad you know the whole story do you think mabe the camper may have stopped or pulled off the shoulder creeping along like alot of them do get some info before you run your mouth my god somebody died this is not the time for critisism!!!!!!!!

5. 4ramsey

4ramsey Active Member

Sorry, never been tailgated by UPS Parcel or Freight, will let you know when that happens :coffee1:

6. The Best

The Best Well-Known Member

To me, UPS drivers are among the safest out there. More to this tragic accident than has been reported.

7. jeepman

jeepman Truckload Mercenary

This is indeed a unfortunate event, I wonder why a news station almost 200 miles away is reporting...I travel this portion of I81 frequently, it is, along with the rest of I81 a dangerous highway. Heavy traffic with vehicles traveling a different speeds, rolling hills, with narrow shoulders. There probably more to the story than what has been reported. We don't know if today is the last day,or not, 1 second of inattention to what we or others are doing can end it. Easy on 1TT1, I know him and consider him to be a very fine driver, He like I drive slow underpowered trucks, and yes we do have UPS and others come up behind us quickly, If traveling on a 4 lane interstate it only makes it worse! As far being "KNIGHTS Of The ROADS" UPS, both Freight and Package have a few, like everyone else does. I see he driver was 67 WOW!!!! I'll be darned if I'm driving at that age!

8. Apostolic

Before I retired from trucking I was a UPS Freight city driver/safety trainer.
    UPS trained with the Smith System,one of the safest ways of driving any motor vehicle.

I have know way of knowing what happened in this fatal crash.
    However I was very sad to see it was a UPS driver.

9. jeepman

jeepman Truckload Mercenary

When driver loses their life while doing their job, it is indeed a sad event!

10. BROWN22

BROWN22 Active Member

Me neither, its usually the Owner Operators

11. Cromag

Cromag Member

Every UPS driver I have ever seen had blown the doors off me. Them and every USPS contractor driver.

12. The Best

The Best Well-Known Member

Must be in another part of the country than I am. I know that Beam Bros.out of Mt. Crawford, Va is a big USPS contractor and their trucks are cut back to 68mph and the UPS trucks out of Staunton, Va are cut back also to around 68

13. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Not the thread to discuss bad drivers, a driver is dead and it could have been any one of us... Rest in Peace driver and may God comfort his family and friends.

14. 4ramsey

4ramsey Active Member

Nobody is being hard on 1tt1, however a "Blanket statement" covering a company like UPS is ridiculous especially when i driver was killed in a terrible way.

15. degadreams

degadreams Member

16. Apostolic

degadreams,thanks for the update.

17. varidgerunner

varidgerunner New Member

You beat me to it. A Roanoke news station reported due to the Driver being from the Roanoke area, and it is my understanding he was first hit by a drunk driver.

18. shrink wrap

shrink wrap Member

seems like the four wheeler was at fault . imagine that. a terrible loss non the less . may he rest in peace