Yellow | Gun Heist At YRC Freight In Atlanta!

Have employees stole from Yellow/Roadway/New Penn/YRC? Hell yes! Lots of times. And when they were caught they went through hell.
So stealing is nothing new and really is not the issue here. The issue is why in GOD's name are we hiring felons? Roadway, Yellow, New Penn would have NEVER done that!
Understand me I'm not against hiring felons and such. But lets face it, There are some jobs these people should not be allowed to do. Too much temptation! Would you hire a bank robber to be a guard in a bank?
Un-freakin-believable. Hiring convicted felons? Be fore I was accepted at Holland in '92 they required me to list ALL employment back to 1966 including my military time - all employers AND account for all time between employers. They did a complete background check for any arrests, convictions, tickets, DUI's, bankruptcies or any brush with the law at all. I was told if ANYTHING came back that was NOT on the job app, I would be refused a job or if it came back AFTER I was hired, I would be fired. No if's ands or but's about it.
Now YRC is down to hiring known convicted felons or doing no criminal background checks? I wonder how many ISIS members they have working for them?
Great publicity for any customers of YRC. I'd like to hear the sales schpeel that the freight solicitors are using now in their pitch to attract new customers or even keep old ones after this story was put out on national and local news, (especially those who ship or manufacture guns). Kiss all those customers goodbye. How about firing the idiot that hired these two felons?
Smart move, YRC Human Resources hiring department ! They are probably convicted felons, too.

So what you're saying is that a person only has to be honest and trustworthy if their pay is above a certain level, right? Then I guess you hold on tight to your wallet when you walk past someone who's unemployed.
Well if they was at $20 bucks hour , prolly not steal and not need to hire felons at $11 bucks

Yes, because never before in recorded history has freight ever been stolen from any trucking company. Never ever till now!! :2437:
How stupid and irresponsible does a company that ships firearms, ammo and hazmat everyday have to be to allow this to happen? No background check? Hiring convicted felons? Really? This is a good way to have the Feds pull any permits the company has to handle haz mat or weapons of any kind.
This removes any doubt that YRC is run by idiots. YRC's competition, whether they are other union companies or non-union are loving this.

How stupid and irresponsible does a company that ships firearms, ammo and hazmat everyday have to be to allow this to happen? No background check? Hiring convicted felons? Really? This is a good way to have the Feds pull any permits the company has to handle haz mat or weapons of any kind.
This removes any doubt that YRC is run by idiots. YRC's competition, whether they are other union companies or non-union are loving this.

Oh please, get off your high horse. Like no one without a prior record ever stole from a trucking job? Get real. "Shrinkage" has happened before and will happen again regardless of pay level or background.

Oh please, get off your high horse. Like no one without a prior record ever stole from a trucking job? Get real. "Shrinkage" has happened before and will happen again regardless of pay level or background.
No "high horse" here. There's plenty of people out there that need a job without a FELONY CONVICTION on their record. There's a big difference between a minor police record of a misdemeanor and a felony conviction. Even a DUI conviction is a FELONY. I'm sure other "fly by night" trucking companies (both big and small) look the other way and hire drivers and dock hands all the time that have felony records. Is YRC now down to the level of those "scrub" companies that choose to ignore the law governing those that handle haz mat and weapons. Is there no more background checks at YRC. I have to go through one every time I want my haz mat endorsement renewed. Who dropped the ball here? Who lied? Who didn't do the required background check? If someone had been shot or killed by one of these idiots, YRC could have been sued big time for allowing convicted felons access to guns because of lax background screening. Say "goodbye" to a lot of YRC customers because of this. This story has been all over the news media - as it should be. Look for a lot of scrutiny by the Feds, ATF, FBI, DHS and DOT for the company allowing known convicted felons access to firearms. Great company compliance and responsibility. We shall see if any idiot supervisor or HR person is held responsible.
But, Hey, you seem to think it's OK because you choose to call theft of weapons by a different "cute" name and "it happens all the time".
That attitude is exactly why Yellow Freight is failing and has always been failing. Too bad they are taking good companies down with them.

Last edited:
I think some would be surprised to find out about the backgrounds of people they have worked with for years. When these companies were at full rate they only asked about the last five years on an applicant and most with a past have been employed a long time with no issues. And some who were hired that were model applicants have done stupid things. You never know about a person.

I think some would be surprised to find out about the backgrounds of people they have worked with for years. When these companies were at full rate they only asked about the last five years on an applicant and most with a past have been employed a long time with no issues. And some who were hired that were model applicants have done stupid things. You never know about a person.
If I remember correctly, one line on the job app at Holland asked, "Any prior felony convictions?" "Any pending convictions?" YES or NO
Minor misdemeanor convictions and felony convictions are two different things. Even numerous misdemeanor convictions should be a "red flag" to the HR Dept on whether or not to hire. ANY felony conviction should be a "no hire" flag. Those people have made their own bed.

There is always a possibility this guy did not put this on his application when hired, or it did not happen recently. The article said the felony was from Miami. I suppose it is possible for a felony in one state, not showing up in a different one.. maybe used an alias name too? Your are right though K, you never know sometimes...

No "high horse" here. There's plenty of people out there that need a job without a FELONY CONVICTION on their record. There's a big difference between a minor police record of a misdemeanor and a felony conviction. Even a DUI conviction is a FELONY. I'm sure other "fly by night" trucking companies (both big and small) look the other way and hire drivers and dock hands all the time that have felony records. Is YRC now down to the level of those "scrub" companies that choose to ignore the law governing those that handle haz mat and weapons. Is there no more background checks at YRC. I have to go through one every time I want my haz mat endorsement renewed. Who dropped the ball here? Who lied? Who didn't do the required background check? If someone had been shot or killed by one of these idiots, YRC could have been sued big time for allowing convicted felons access to guns because of lax background screening. Say "goodbye" to a lot of YRC customers because of this. This story has been all over the news media - as it should be. Look for a lot of scrutiny by the Feds, ATF, FBI, DHS and DOT for the company allowing known convicted felons access to firearms. Great company compliance and responsibility. We shall see if any idiot supervisor or HR person is held responsible.
But, Hey, you seem to think it's OK because you choose to call theft of weapons by a different "cute" name and "it happens all the time".
That attitude is exactly why Yellow Freight is failing and has always been failing. Too bad they are taking good companies down with them.

Get your facts straight. A DUI infraction is normally a misdemeanor unless it is a repeat offense and then it may be a felony. You seem to be full of BS information.

Your ignorance of facts is amazing. Learn something before you post. Check out a list of companies (including UPS) that hire people with convictions:
http://www.jailtojob.com/companies-hire-felons.html

There's alays good news to every story. Neither Mr Washington or Mr Corley will have to work or look for a job for the foreseeable future.
In Mr Washington's case, maybe never. He is a three time loser on felony raps (unless he can prove it was his twin brother that stole the guns, then "planted" them in his house) He was convicted before on a felony in Miami, so now he faces 2 more felonies (of possession of a weapon by a felon, and a brand new felony theft charge). He may well have his entire future planned for him, by the prosecutor - no more looking for a job. The other idiot does not have a very promising future either. Oh. well, at least they will have plenty of time to "visit" with all their friends in the slammer AND no more worries about looking for a job.

Get your facts straight. A DUI infraction is normally a misdemeanor unless it is a repeat offense and then it may be a felony. You seem to be full of BS information.
A DUI - any DUI (1st 2nd or 3rd) is a felony where I live. With any felony conviction, even a DUI you cannot legally enter Canada. If they find out you entered Canada, you go to the Canadian slammer.
Yeah, I get it. You love YRC. They can do no wrong. Maybe they should set up a YRC recruitment van outside the gates of Federal and state pens all over the country to fill their hiring needs. Problem solved.

I suggest that nobody go to the web site provided by Triplex in post # 30. It is infected with a computer fix-it scam.

If you are happy working alongside a bunch of people who may or may not be felons - good for you.
I happen to think that most people are at least confident that a company has done their best to screen out the bad apples.
If you prefer to work with convicted felons - they're hiring burger flippers at McDonalds. The pay may even be better.

A DUI - any DUI (1st 2nd or 3rd) is a felony where I live. With any felony conviction, even a DUI you cannot legally enter Canada. If they find out you entered Canada, you go to the Canadian slammer.
Yeah, I get it. You love YRC. They can do no wrong. Maybe they should set up a YRC recruitment van outside the gates of Federal and state pens all over the country to fill their hiring needs. Problem solved.

Here we go again, another ignorant response about me "loving" YRC. When someone posts BS and I contradict them or prove them wrong it's about me "loving" YRC. Get over yourself, post accurate information and I won't respond. Simple isn't it?

Oh, about entering Canada, you're not totally accurate about that either:
"There are several ways to obtain permission to enter Canada despite having a DUI or DWI on your record. Most commonly, you will file for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP), or file for Rehabilitation. The TRP allows you into Canada for a specific trip. Being deemed “Rehabilitated” removes the issue completely so long as you do not commit another offense."

Here we go again, another ignorant response about me "loving" YRC. When someone posts BS and I contradict them or prove them wrong it's about me "loving" YRC. Get over yourself, post accurate information and I won't respond. Simple isn't it?

"There are several ways to obtain permission to enter Canada despite having a DUI or DWI on your record. Most commonly, you will file for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP), or file for Rehabilitation. The TRP allows you into Canada for a specific trip. Being deemed “Rehabilitated” removes the issue completely so long as you do not commit another offense."
Sounds like you have plenty of experience at how to get around a DUI (or multiple DUI's). I rather think Mr Washington's prior was NOT a DUI, but regardless, he will be out of action for quite some time. Maybe you can go visit him? Bring along another YRC app for him to use when he gets out.
Maybe they could use him in the theft prevention office considering his experience in that area and felonies don't matter.

Being "rehabilitated" means you agreed to go to "dummy school" at some state office for several nights in my state, but the DUI still stays on record for any law enforcement agency in the country (and Canada) to see. When a company wants (or state) is asked for a haz mat endorsement on a CDL, an FBI background check is done. Do you think that just maybe, the FBI can find out anything they want about you or anybody else (including DUI's and felonies) during that check? If YRC thinks that allowing those with past felonies are A-OK to handle weapons shipments - then YRC management is even dumber that I previously thought.

:love heart::love heart::heykoolaid::butt kiss: What? Who, me? Never.

Men accused of stealing 45 handguns from shipping facility where they worked

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/35011553...ping-facility-where-they-worked#ixzz4ceAXNm31

JSESZz8.jpg

:busted:
These two look like they are Wanna Be Poster Boys for the FBI. Only thing missing are their tattoos & their inmate number. von.

Men accused of stealing 45 handguns from shipping facility where they worked

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/35011553...ping-facility-where-they-worked#ixzz4ceAXNm31

JSESZz8.jpg

:busted:
The faces of intelligence ? NO. Did they ever wonder why those "camera looking things" were for hanging on the side of the building ? NO
I think I saw these two guys on the John Wash TV Show ' America's Most Wanted ' or "The Hunt" a few weeks ago. Could be mistaken.
I think they both qualify for permanent STUPID tattoos on the forehead. Prison inmates are getting good at that, so maybe it can be worked out.
I did see a guard shack on the TV station news reports. I wonder what YRC is using that for - apparently NOT for security personnel.
Outdoor latrine ? Napping area for yard man ? Both ?