ODFL | Harvey sucks

Freightshaker23

TB Lurker
Credits
Well hurricane Harvey sucks really bad I pray that all the drivers from my yard are safe and made it out lost a car truck and got about 3 foot of water in the house when I left probably got more in there now

After Katrina they had a donation setup for the victims, I wonder if they're going to do that again.

Everyone else is jumping in with their fleet of trucks to haul supplies, our greedy company may ask for donations. Haven't heard much of what we're going to do, maybe we should empty the baseballs out of the MLB trailer and put some bottled water in it for Texas?

Yeah think they will pay us for this week we're off highly doubt it they want to start working again

NC is upset you're not putting the snorkel gear on and moving that freight. One thing with OD, when everyone else is parked due to conditions we're the only ones stupid enough to go out.

NC is upset you're not putting the snorkel gear on and moving that freight. One thing with OD, when everyone else is parked due to conditions we're the only ones stupid enough to go out.
Don't worry Billy, I hear you're going down there. Only Billy can handle it. Seriously, I hope and pray for the best for everyone effected by the hurricane. I just saw pictures of one of the terminals in Houston. Water up to the trailer's.

6ItLvAp.jpg

Give it a rest Billy

Song there's a couple of pictures that I saw yesterday, this is one of them. Thanks for posting it. I just hope the best for everyone. Tragic situation.

I know corporate is fuming that freight isn't getting moved.

I know corporate is fuming that freight isn't getting moved.

Of course they are! It's a major inconvenience to have a big terminal like Houston closed. Probably for weeks. We have a stack of manifests several inches thick sitting in the box in Atlanta for Houston, Brownsville and Corpus that we can't do anything with. Those are trailers loaded with freight we can't move. And trailers we can't use because they're loaded with freight. And we're short on trailers to begin with. Not to mention all of the claims money they're going to have to pay out for ruined freight sitting in those trailers sitting in the water. Then they have to worry about all the tractors that might be ruined or damaged because they've been sitting in water for weeks. Also, they have a ton of employees not working, who aren't making any money, and who might leave Houston and never come back, like after Katrina in NOL. I'm sure they're worried about the human element in all of this. They'd have to be monsters not to. Then what if those employees do leave, they'll have to replace them, costing even more money and time. Use your head and stop being so bitter.

While many large corporations are now sending lots of their trucks to Texas to brings relief OD be like... how many balls in our trailer?