SAIA | Has the Bottom fallen out of the freight?

rgolfer

TB Lurker
Credits
It died here in Phx this week, I've seen 2, 7 hr days and the others have been that busy. Instead of working from 8a.m. until 8 p. m. every day now its 8 to 3 or 4.
Regional manager said Saia has stated this month would be 10% more freight then last month, not 15% less.
On another issue, I would like you all to voice your thoughts on giving up the 1 personnel day we got 3 yrs. ago and getting back the bonus! I ask Tony A. about it when he was in Phx, he said he would put it on the table. I figure it would be net $1000.00 in our pockets. So ask your T.M.'s to forward the idea or region manager if the are at your terminal.If enough of use bring it up it May Happen.

rgolfer said:
It died here in Phx this week, I've seen 2, 7 hr days and the others have been that busy. Instead of working from 8a.m. until 8 p. m. every day now its 8 to 3 or 4.
Regional manager said Saia has stated this month would be 10% more freight then last month, not 15% less.
On another issue, I would like you all to voice your thoughts on giving up the 1 personnel day we got 3 yrs. ago and getting back the bonus! I ask Tony A. about it when he was in Phx, he said he would put it on the table. I figure it would be net $1000.00 in our pockets. So ask your T.M.'s to forward the idea or region manager if the are at your terminal.If enough of use bring it up it May Happen.

It seems like the pace of work in DLS has slowed down. I can't speak to the amount of hours the later shifts are getting, but I'm still averaging 52-53 hours per week. It does seem now that we are getting more volume shipments than previous, at least in my delivery area.

That is an intriguing idea of giving back a personal day for the bonus. Of course, everybody's needs and situations are different, but it is something worth examining.

Could you flesh out how you came to the specific number, and is that figure an annual figure or a quarterly figure? That makes a big difference in whether the idea is more appealing or not.

In light of big daddy Rick's nice 25% raise, it would be nice if they did something for those who make the money that provides the raise!

bonus

Brother the only bonus I got was about 400 and it was a bad year. We would now be in double bonus, becasue of the great numbers Saia now posts. So I figured about $1200-1300 bonus, minus our $170 a day pay.

How long ago was this bonus given? It seemed that all that went out the window when the employees opted for the additional personal day. Again, if the bonus is on a quarterly basis, as one might suspect our management team might receive, then the entire picture is altered. Certainly a large bonus would easily replace any days off forfeited.

it was just after they combined the 3 companies, that's why it was so small, I did get a $32.50 bonus with westex. they were yearly. then all the back east people voted for more time with family,ARGGGGGGG

rgolfer slow here in the east too (jcy) tennessee worked 9 to 5 monday and 1030 to 700 tuesday and wasnt pushed or rushed all day even got to take lunch its nice but i hope it dont last if you know what i mean:bicycle:

I think this may last longer then, we want. I now come in an hr. before my official start time and the asst. tm usually finds something to do. so I get 9 a day now, but still don't get lunch until about an hr before I punch out.

Why are you people going in so early? GNC is lucky to punch in by 10:30am unless you are a dock worker or one of the bosses sweeties. And this lunch thing you talk about, what is that?

othertrucker2001 said:
Why are you people going in so early? GNC is lucky to punch in by 10:30am unless you are a dock worker or one of the bosses sweeties. And this lunch thing you talk about, what is that?
Maybe you should be nicer to Rusty, and he might let you start earlier.:thumbsup:

rgolfer said:
Hell we start @ 7-8 all 50 drivers on Mondays, and I think lunch is just a figment of my imagination,

I'm bringin' my '95 IH with no A/C. Put me on the volunteer list.:TR10driving03:

It aint happenin here

Well,

Wed, and Thurs worked 12 hours and Friedday worked 11.3. Clock in at 7:30 and out when the boss has had enough of my hinder parts. Lunch is served at the end of the shift before heading back to the yard. Heck of a way to show National Driver Appreciation Week. :realmad:

I got 8.3 on thursday, friday they decided we had to go to southern az, and make some hot pu @ 5p.m and make my last del @ 8:00 p.m. so I got 11:59, no log fri, but mostly things are slow.
Has everyone told their T.M. to contact Tony A. and give back the 1 personnel day and get back the BONUS??????? More money in our pocket!!!!!!!!!!

rgolfer said:
I got 8.3 on thursday, friday they decided we had to go to southern az, and make some hot pu @ 5p.m and make my last del @ 8:00 p.m. so I got 11:59, no log fri, but mostly things are slow.
Has everyone told their T.M. to contact Tony A. and give back the 1 personnel day and get back the BONUS??????? More money in our pocket!!!!!!!!!!
Well, how much would the bonus be?

rgolfer said:
You can e mail him direct and make the suggestion. Just be certain that you identify yourself.

No I won't give out the e mail address on the forum. PM me if you want it.

I have contacted him directly about certain uniform matters and did receive a timely response, so he does at least listen.

Again, the numbers would have to be really positive for the employee to be willing to give up a day off.

well its back to normal here in east tn worked 11 on mon 12 on tue the way it looks 12 on wed lunch at the end of shift every day boy it gets under the tm's skin when he has to sit and look at me doing nothing for 30 min haaaa!!!!!!!!!:woot: :waycool: :tongue0015: :horse:

runs cut

hi everybody,well ive had my bid run cut 7 out of 10 days,ouch. then work local d/h- shuttle around town..yes it has slowed down.im going back to the ex board.no big deal,im not hurting yet.it'll pick up.we keep adding new drivers though.gotta go for a ride later.