FedEx Freight | Hazmat Paperwork

I've only seen keyboard aerosol duster under the special permit. The actual number has to be listed after the HM description but I've never seen a copy of the certificate.

I don't think you have to for transportation only, but if your actually using the product then you do. I'll have to do some research unless you want to save me the time and tell me
Kudos for knowing that they exist.
There is a company policy regarding them. We are supposed to carry them as part of your bill packet.
They vary from permit to permit as to whether or not you must carry them. They will all have a paragraph entitled Modal Requirements, this is where you will see if you MUST have it in your possession. Most of the permit is just blah, blah, blah, it's modal requirements you need to comply with. Google DOT SP-10695 and look at the PDF that pops up first.

Kudos for knowing that they exist.
There is a company policy regarding them. We are supposed to carry them as part of your bill packet.
They vary from permit to permit as to whether or not you must carry them. They will all have a paragraph entitled Modal Requirements, this is where you will see if you MUST have it in your possession. Most of the permit is just blah, blah, blah, it's modal requirements you need to comply with. Google DOT SP-10695 and look at the PDF that pops up first.
Ok thx, you asking hard questions, but good ones.

Do you ever stop and scratch your head when the travel copy says 1 handling unit, 1 pc, Box 8,UN1760II NOS (sodium hydroxide) weight 2850 lbs?
That would be a BFB (Big Friggin Box)
Or is it a pallet of boxes? Or a tote?
It would certainly make a difference on placards.
Did the billing clerk oopsie? Lord knows I couldn't do their job.
RC has no problem asking to have an OBL printed.

Do you ever stop and scratch your head when the travel copy says 1 handling unit, 1 pc, Box 8,UN1760II NOS (sodium hydroxide) weight 2850 lbs?
There's a lot of bills that I see that make me scratch my head. Lol. makes you wonder how some of this stuff gets by to include the hazmat bills that have no description on them as to what it is.

HU is just that, could be 1000 pcs but 1HU

Understood, but piece count is one also. Would you just take it and go or question it.
Package type, number of each type must be listed. It can be listed within the body of the bill. To transport improperly documented H/M is a violation, not worth the risk or penalty, IMHO.

As far as the unrated bill scenario, unless a copy of the original B/L travels with it, it can't legally travel, as it doesn't have required info.

From what I see you have written above your in violation to start.
The HM description is in the wrong order.

You can never be too careful with hazmat. The regulations are such that if they aren't followed to the letter from beginning to end the DOT is all too happy to fine.

And as drivers, we are the front line. It's our job to catch mistakes before they hit the road.

Thumbs up to RC for making everyone think.