FedEx Freight | Headway videos

nasvegas

TB Veteran
Credits
Anyone else being made to have meetings every week about headways? About 10% of our drivers are getting them, but the entire board is having to watch videos weekly.

They got onto me once about lane departures but the only reason I was having lane departures is I was not using my turn signal to change lanes when no one was close to me.

Anyone else being made to have meetings every week about headways? About 10% of our drivers are getting them, but the entire board is having to watch videos weekly.
They make you do education for them too, takes like 20-40 minutes each video.

Only time I get them is if I mess up my timing. Try to get away from the slow bastard that I've caught up to while I'm governed to 65.

Only time I get them is if I mess up my timing. Try to get away from the slow bastard that I've caught up to while I'm governed to 65.
Yep. The people that get them should, but the people that don't get any shouldn't have to sit through meetings every Tuesday for someone else's unsafe driving. IMO.

They got onto me once about lane departures but the only reason I was having lane departures is I was not using my turn signal to change lanes when no one was close to me.
I dont have that problem anymore since that particular cam has since been unplugged and tossed in the glovebox

All well and good, til the SOB looks up from his p*on, farcebook, or whatever and sees a truck tryin to get past. Then its ā€œoh ::shit::, gotta go... gotta go... gotta step on itā€ only to slow back down to 10 mph under the posted soon as youā€™re behind his ass again

It should be legel to run peeple off the road who do that ignorant ::shit::

Was that slow bastard doing 46 in the hammer lane? :17142:
First half of my night is just muttering to myself about how nobody knows what the slim pedal on the right does. Then it'll finally clear out for a while.

a ton of HURR DURR LETS CRUISE DOING 50 IN A 70. from cars and semis alike.

I had one going home the other day where I swear the driver was looking at KMPH and not MPH because he was barely crawling without four ways consistently.

Video provided for my opinions on driving:

If they bumped us up to 68mph Iā€™d be willing to bet headways would drop 50-75%. Not too fast, but fast enough to pass the 64.5mph club members.
Honestly a 68 is even more irritating. You'd be surprised how many companies are running 67/68 and you have to fight them guys. Having a 70mph tractor is so much better on my stress level coming out of a 68.

For the purpose of passing people, it doesn't matter how fast the truck is governed, you'll always catch up to someone going a half mph slower.

I'd be happy if my 65mph tractor had one of those "smart pass" functions that let me temporarily bump up to 68-70 to get around slower traffic when necessary.

I keep saying the last week before I retire I'm gonna rack up as many Headways as possible so someone can call after I'm gone to tell em I did it........

For the purpose of passing people, it doesn't matter how fast the truck is governed, you'll always catch up to someone going a half mph slower.

I'd be happy if my 65mph tractor had one of those "smart pass" functions that let me temporarily bump up to 68-70 to get around slower traffic when necessary.
My issue with our trucks is that some slow to 63 or 64 on flat ground coming off a hill before throttle renegades. So if you trying to use gravity to pass you'll lose some ground.