FedEx Freight | Headway videos

My issue with our trucks is that some slow to 63 or 64 on flat ground coming off a hill before throttle renegades. So if you trying to use gravity to pass you'll lose some ground.
I’m familiar enough with mine now where’s I can predict that sorta thing and mash on it before that happens to keep from losin momentum

For the purpose of passing people, it doesn't matter how fast the truck is governed, you'll always catch up to someone going a half mph slower.

I'd be happy if my 65mph tractor had one of those "smart pass" functions that let me temporarily bump up to 68-70 to get around slower traffic when necessary.
Several years ago my tractor had that. Only had it for less than a year. Other drivers that drove it would abuse it so shop turned it off. I argued that those that were abusing it should be corrected rather than it be removed from tractor given it was my assigned pm tractor.

If you think these are bad get a roll over protection @ 10 mph ( ok 12) over. They treat it like a preventable with regional safety man conference call and 3 hrs of videos.

Yep. The people that get them should, but the people that don't get any shouldn't have to sit through meetings every Tuesday for someone else's unsafe driving. IMO.
Wait, are they singling out drivers in a public forum or just talking in generalities? If they’re singling guys out then that’s not cool… a very unprofessional tactic and probably won’t net them the result they’re after.