TForce | Here are your 3 scenarios with UPS Freight contract vote

Nothing personal.... but you are so anti Union I can not take your word for it..... would like to see what other people have to say.

If this is the case.... I apologize.

I am not anti or pro union. The teamsters record and history speak for itself.

I am pro saving 10000 good paying jobs.
The teamsters union advocated for a yes vote on the first offer. If you voted no , does that make you anti union?

I am not anti or pro union. The teamsters record and history speak for itself.

I am pro saving 10000 good paying jobs.
The teamsters union advocated for a yes vote on the first offer. If you voted no , does that make you anti union?

History is speaking..... you have a vote.... a say in your future.

But you are bashing the Union for giving you the right to vote.

It's not the Union's fault that the upsf drivers voted against the first proposal..... seems like I say this to you every day.

This is why your credibility is questionable to me.

What are the consequences to UPS if they shut down UPSF? There is the obvious like unemployment insurance on laid off employees, paying taxes and insurance on property that is not producing income, maintenance on the same property, paying employees to negotiate sale of said property, security on the property, liability for property damage and individuals hurt on company owned property. Can anyone think of other liabilities that UPS will take on by putting 10,000+ employees out of work?

We sent the Company a clear message, your offer sucks, they called our bluff. We tried, we have zero leverage with small pak on the road to ratification, with our system being emptied, zip, zero, nada... The WARN act does not apply to a strike or lockout. Here in N C we are not entitled to unemployment unless it is declared a lock-out. Strike benefits only begin at the 8th day. Cobra payments for my plus 1 are $337.00 a week. That don't leave a hell of a lot to buy groceries. Do I believe we were sold-out by our Union, yes I do. Do I believe we were steamrolled by The Big Brown Monster? Absolutely!!!! Do I want to job hunt at my age? Not a friggin chance. Do I like the fact that my mileage increase is less than $1.00 a week? Hell no.. I'm disgusted... I beat the drum for a NO vote since the beginning, and am leaning toward a no vote now, will it pass, you can bet your a$$, at least 80% yes.. Am I furious at finding out yesterday the contractors are getting a "big" rate increase when they say there is no money to be had, you can take that to the bank!!!! Do I feel sorry for myself, no way!!!! A wise warrior knows when it is time to retreat and regroup and live to fight another day... Realistically we all make quite good money, {unless you are in progression}. Our health and welfare is by far the best in the Industry, our vacation is good, other than totally incompetent low and mid-level management it could always be worse. Vote your conscience Brothers and Sisters.......

We sent the Company a clear message, your offer sucks, they called our bluff. We tried, we have zero leverage with small pak on the road to ratification, with our system being emptied, zip, zero, nada... The WARN act does not apply to a strike or lockout. Here in N C we are not entitled to unemployment unless it is declared a lock-out. Strike benefits only begin at the 8th day. Cobra payments for my plus 1 are $337.00 a week. That don't leave a hell of a lot to buy groceries. Do I believe we were sold-out by our Union, yes I do. Do I believe we were steamrolled by The Big Brown Monster? Absolutely!!!! Do I want to job hunt at my age? Not a friggin chance. Do I like the fact that my mileage increase is less than $1.00 a week? Hell no.. I'm disgusted... I beat the drum for a NO vote since the beginning, and am leaning toward a no vote now, will it pass, you can bet your a$$, at least 80% yes.. Am I furious at finding out yesterday the contractors are getting a "big" rate increase when they say there is no money to be had, you can take that to the bank!!!! Do I feel sorry for myself, no way!!!! A wise warrior knows when it is time to retreat and regroup and live to fight another day... Realistically we all make quite good money, {unless you are in progression}. Our health and welfare is by far the best in the Industry, our vacation is good, other than totally incompetent low and mid-level management it could always be worse. Vote your conscience Brothers and Sisters.......

Well said.

An informed no vote.

For those reasons stated abave is why I'm a yes. The battle is already lost.

EJ5WbIE.jpg

Well said.

An informed no vote.

For those reasons stated above is why I'm a yes. The battle is already lost.
After some thought I will probably cast an abstention for several reasons. 1- At least I will count as a vote.. 2- This is my last contract, mark my words, the next one will be painful... 3- I believe some of our Members would suffer badly if it is a protracted strike, or even a closure, {Which I seriously doubt would happen}, UPS DOESN'T FAIL, so they think... 4- After doing a little digging on our competitors health and welfare plans you really have to put that in dollars and cents, Fed-Ex for example, from $100 to $200 A WEEK!!!!!! That's a lot, no matter how you look at it 5 to 10 thousand a year!!!!! What I suggest is if you see a blatant case of wasted money, time, and or anything causing UPGF to hemorrhage money, report it to your RDO, a Vice-President, even Rich McCardle, their e-mails are easily found. Keep it civil and friggin' bury em' in e-mails and phone calls till they pull their head out of their a$$ and see it is NOT US causing the poor operating ratio.. They will see as it used to be "Our people make the difference". Best wishes to all, I gotta go The Three Stooges are on....

Last edited: