Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

Must be a Hawaiian thing....Here in Michigan its just a chore in the summer, Snow-blowing in the winter. But hey I can adapt, will trade snowblower for a brand spanking new Lawnboy. And I'll start working on the "Sixpack" :biglaugh: Help me out here man....is it Aloha or Mahalo?

You wouldn't like Hawaii!!! Just think you would have to cut the grass "ALL" year round..

AH!!!, there ain't no grass on the beach, where he will put his tent. With a bih H one it for Holland. :bananag:
I'm not loyal to anyone Truckline but even if I was I won't advertise it on my "Bungalow" ....But I will put the Teamster Logo on it so all my Driving friends can find me. Please BYOB, limited budget ya know, and Diet Coke for us Teetotalers would be really appreciated. :grouphug: Now just waiting on my background check. Sure hope Trip gives a good reference.....without that drooling thing. :6788:

PS...Oops! Hijacked another thread....gotta run. :ban:

It's called change of pace, making ends meet. We will all find something. We always have and we always will. Hell, it might even lite a fire under some of us to finally do something we always wanted to do besides drive a truck/tow-motor, ect.

I'm telling you guys you are gonna miss the smell of diesil fumes!! :hide::TR10driving03::hysterical:

Members did that already! Uncertainty never went away!

Uncertainty never goes away. Clearly the problems weren't resolved due to repeated management failures. During the last vote I did the exact same thing and reduced my uncertainty until now so it certainly worked for a couple of years.

But I am fairly certain that the banks are demanding cuts to refinance and both YRC and IBT knows these cuts are more likely to pass than another wage reduction (although it is effectively a wage reduction but in legalese it's not). As we've seen with numerous other truck lines, there won't be a reorganization. I'm just not willing to punish management by voting myself out of a job - instead I'm willing to purchase a few more years with these concessions.

Uncertainty never goes away. Clearly the problems weren't resolved due to repeated management failures. During the last vote I did the exact same thing and reduced my uncertainty until now so it certainly worked for a couple of years.

But I am fairly certain that the banks are demanding cuts to refinance and both YRC and IBT knows these cuts are more likely to pass than another wage reduction (although it is effectively a wage reduction but in legalese it's not). As we've seen with numerous other truck lines, there won't be a reorganization. I'm just not willing to punish management by voting myself out of a job - instead I'm willing to purchase a few more years with these concessions.

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action

Is that what you said to yourself with the other MlOU's? They will never stop. I keep asking myself if the banks are getting money why would they close the doors and get nothing pretty stupid they don't own crap except run down tractors! Enough is enough!

And in a few more years they will ask for more until everyone that still works here will be making 80's wages in the 20's. The price of everything has gone up, but our wages have decreased. With inflation our wages already took a hit in purchasing power, and they are still asking for more. Enough is enough.

In spite of all the bravado of other posts, many here should consider your perspective. While YRCW may have a plan B (bankruptcy), for employees plan B is no where near as clear. There are not 26,000 "better" jobs!

In spite of all the bravado of other posts, many here should consider your perspective. While YRCW may have a plan B (bankruptcy), for employees plan B is no where near as clear. There are not 26,000 "better" jobs!
I think it's more about principle at this point on how it would affect everyone in the Ltl market and not just yrc employees.

Allbag?? Better jobs?? I'll just say this.. If they comeback to us with what is being posted around here then it's the YES VOTERS who should quit and go non union, because that's what that contract is..

so if a man on layoff signs up to work and only gets 3 or 4 punches he is expected to pay part of his h&w for that week?that is unacceptable for me

Allbag?? Better jobs?? I'll just say this.. If they comeback to us with what is being posted around here then it's the YES VOTERS who should quit and go non union, because that's what that contract is..
I'm going to reiterate, I'll be voting no if AND ONLY IF the pension is not addressed. I don't give a hoot about wages and benefits. The unfortunate issue is there are probably enough dockmen WITHOUT CDLs who realize they will NOT find better jobs REGARDLESS of the conditions imposed.
For many it would behoove them to sit down with a pencil and paper and do the math on wages and benefits. They will find that the grass is NOT greener when copays and deductables are calculated.
If YRCF closes I'll take what ever pension I'm entitled to and I will NOT drive a truck. I will keep my fully endorsed CDL.