Yellow | Here is what the company is going to put up for vote?

I'm going to reiterate, I'll be voting no if AND ONLY IF the pension is not addressed. I don't give a hoot about wages and benefits. The unfortunate issue is there are probably enough dockmen WITHOUT CDLs who realize they will NOT find better jobs REGARDLESS of the conditions imposed.
For many it would behoove them to sit down with a pencil and paper and do the math on wages and benefits. They will find that the grass is NOT greener when copays and deductables are calculated.
If YRCF closes I'll take what ever pension I'm entitled to and I will NOT drive a truck. I will keep my fully endorsed CDL.

If they stay open and not pay into the pension, you are going to lose it anyway!!! All you are going to do is make management rich... I am not sure what you are so afraid of, if you won't stand up and fight for anything then you won't have to worry... you won't have anything anyway!!!

I'm so thrilled to learn of the altruistic concern from our brothers and sisters at ABF. If YRCF remains in business there will be 26,000 TEAMSTERS EMPLOYED.
I fear only people whose brains are substantially smaller than another portion of their anatomy.
Either way this vote goes, ABF will be returning to the well.

I'm so thrilled to learn of the altruistic concern from our brothers and sisters at ABF. If YRCF remains in business there will be 26,000 TEAMSTERS EMPLOYED.
I fear only people whose brains are substantially smaller than another portion of their anatomy.

Exactly the response I would expect from a yes man!!! If you are correct it will be a race to the bottom... YOU WIN!!!

Can't dispute facts. So resort to name calling. Typical.

Albag please! You continue to berate the others about name calling and you do the same DAMN thing. Look at your post above, 363, is that not name calling? Stop being a hypocrite.

Your points and opinions are highly respected here on TB, but, "COME ON MAN"!

Albag please! You continue to berate the others about name calling and you do the same DAMN thing. Look at your post above, 363, is that not name calling? Stop being a hypocrite.

OK. But review my posts. I say how I'm voting, but I DO NOT tell others HOW they should vote.

In some circumstances ya can forget and try to blend in.
images

I'm going to reiterate, I'll be voting no if AND ONLY IF the pension is not addressed. I don't give a hoot about wages and benefits. The unfortunate issue is there are probably enough dockmen WITHOUT CDLs who realize they will NOT find better jobs REGARDLESS of the conditions imposed.
For many it would behoove them to sit down with a pencil and paper and do the math on wages and benefits. They will find that the grass is NOT greener when copays and deductables are calculated.
If YRCF closes I'll take what ever pension I'm entitled to and I will NOT drive a truck. I will keep my fully endorsed CDL.

If they stay open and not pay into the pension, you are going to lose it anyway!!! All you are going to do is make management rich... I am not sure what you are so afraid of, if you won't stand up and fight for anything then you won't have to worry... you won't have anything anyway!!!

Exactly the response I would expect from a yes man!!! If you are correct it will be a race to the bottom... YOU WIN!!!

Can't dispute facts. So resort to name calling. Typical.

OK. But review my posts. I say how I'm voting, but I DO NOT tell others HOW they should vote.

Same old albag... You need to reread your post; you are the first one trying to belittle people... I stand by my statements, I know they are all truelll I can't say the same about yours!!! Can you tell me I am wrong? I don't think you can. By the way you always came over to ABF threads trying to convince us the world would end if it doesn’t go the way you thought it should. What do you call that? You were telling people how to vote. You voted yes every time, only thinking of yourself...

I love this statement
I'll be voting no if AND ONLY IF the pension is not addressed. I don't give a hoot about wages and benefits
VERY CLASSY... That don't surprise me that you would make a statement like that...

Don't put words in that I did not say... Only I can do that you do not have that right!!! I know the facts as well as you do. If this passes you can kiss your pension goodbye, as well as everyone that is already retired.

I don't care how you vote, but remember whatever happens, won't stop here. It is going to just keep snowballing till we all end up on the bottom...

And in a few more years they will ask for more until everyone that still works here will be making 80's wages in the 20's. The price of everything has gone up, but our wages have decreased. With inflation our wages already took a hit in purchasing power, and they are still asking for more. Enough is enough.

US inflation has been at a historical average low over the past couple of years.

Everyone seems to be voting based on things that aren't on the table. Half of the people here are voting based on a pension that we've already sacrificed. The other half are voting based on wage cuts they're afraid we'll be asked for 10 years down the road. You should look at the concessions on the table and consider: Can I continue to live with a reasonable quality of life under these concessions? Is this the best economic opportunity I currently have? If the answer to either of those questions is no, then by all means vote no. Otherwise, you should really consider voting yes and crossing other bridges when you get there.

As far as principle is concerned, that's ridiculous. Most of us work for the paycheck, not to support some legendary teamster history, the labor movement, or the structure of the LTL industry. I still remember when belonging to the union was aimed at preserving and protecting jobs rather than punishing management at all costs.

I don't know what part of the country everyone comes from but I do know in the east I cant think of anyone working at yrc that has not been put into a real tight financial squeeze because of the last 5 years.
I do know that the prices of everything goes up except yrc's pay
I don't know how anyone that would be considered the working poor could afford to give more.

I would like to know where you get the facts about inflation being at an all time low. You need to get out of that truck once in a while, cause someone is lying to you!

I would like to know where you get the facts about inflation being at an all time low. You need to get out of that truck once in a while, cause someone is lying to you!

The latest annual inflation rate for the United States is 1.0% through the 12 months ended October 2013. The next inflation update published by the US government is scheduled for release on December 17, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. ET. This upcoming data update will offer the inflation rate over the 12 months ended November 2013.

Current Inflation Rates | Monthly and Yearly Chart, Graph and Table: 2003-2013 Data - US Inflation Calculator

US inflation has been at a historical average low over the past couple of years.

Everyone seems to be voting based on things that aren't on the table. Half of the people here are voting based on a pension that we've already sacrificed. The other half are voting based on wage cuts they're afraid we'll be asked for 10 years down the road. You should look at the concessions on the table and consider: Can I continue to live with a reasonable quality of life under these concessions? Is this the best economic opportunity I currently have? If the answer to either of those questions is no, then by all means vote no. Otherwise, you should really consider voting yes and crossing other bridges when you get there.

As far as principle is concerned, that's ridiculous. Most of us work for the paycheck, not to support some legendary teamster history, the labor movement, or the structure of the LTL industry. I still remember when belonging to the union was aimed at preserving and protecting jobs rather than punishing management at all costs.
Funny how you joined just after all this started. After the vote is over you will dissapear. Just like other company plant posters did on the last mou.
You aren't a driver, you are management. We get enough of your propaganda in the mail, and you can take all of it and shove it.

The latest annual inflation rate for the United States is 1.0% through the 12 months ended October 2013. The next inflation update published by the US government is scheduled for release on December 17, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. ET. This upcoming data update will offer the inflation rate over the 12 months ended November 2013.

Current Inflation Rates | Monthly and Yearly Chart, Graph and Table: 2003-2013 Data - US Inflation Calculator

Thanks Triplex, I was just about to link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics or the Federal Reserve...they all show the same thing, inflation hasn't been a problem in the US economy in recent years. Certainly not as much as in the past which is why the Fed has kept interest rates so low for so long. Inflation today isn't remotely like what we were facing 30 years ago.

It's not a matter of getting out of the truck, but reading the WSJ or some real reporting every once in a while to try to understand this new economy we're dealing with. We certainly can't depend on the IBT or YRC to pass along information anymore (which is why we're all on here) so it's time to read up, educate ourselves, and move past of the "stories" we all know about other companies at other times. We have to evaluate YRC's position in this economy, with these finances, while dealing with this group of lenders before we vote one way or another.

And I agree, things will be rough and my family will be cutting back some more even if this goes through. But the changes will be nothing compared to what it would look like to go on unemployment for a while. And I still bet it won't be as bad as the healthcare premiums and deductibles we would face at another company or new jobs.

Thanks Triplex, I was just about to link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics or the Federal Reserve...they all show the same thing, inflation hasn't been a problem in the US economy in recent years. Certainly not as much as in the past which is why the Fed has kept interest rates so low for so long. Inflation today isn't remotely like what we were facing 30 years ago.

It's not a matter of getting out of the truck, but reading the WSJ or some real reporting every once in a while to try to understand this new economy we're dealing with. We certainly can't depend on the IBT or YRC to pass along information anymore (which is why we're all on here) so it's time to read up, educate ourselves, and move past of the "stories" we all know about other companies at other times. We have to evaluate YRC's position in this economy, with these finances, while dealing with this group of lenders before we vote one way or another.

And I agree, things will be rough and my family will be cutting back some more even if this goes through. But the changes will be nothing compared to what it would look like to go on unemployment for a while. And I still bet it won't be as bad as the healthcare premiums and deductibles we would face at another company or new jobs.

The key phrase you use here is "educate ourselves". Unfortunately there are some on here who are still having a problem understanding their grade school curriculum.