ODFL | Here we go again

johnnybtruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
A group of amateur investigative journalists from Florida AKA our drivers have learned from anonymous source deep in the ODFL management ranks that company will be announcing layoffs and possibly economical terminations due to slow freight within next couple weeks maybe 2 months at the most. This came from either Tampa or Orlando area.

A guy that knows a guy that knows another guy heard from his sister-in-law maybe cousin Joey that guy down the block said maybe something this that etc you know what I mean

A group of amateur investigative journalists from Florida AKA our drivers have learned from anonymous source deep in the ODFL management ranks that company will be announcing layoffs and possibly economical terminations due to slow freight within next couple weeks maybe 2 months at the most. This came from either Tampa or Orlando area.

A guy that knows a guy that knows another guy heard from his sister-in-law maybe cousin Joey that guy down the block said maybe something this that etc you know what I mean
Means absolutely nothing if it doesn't come from Billy's side. :732:

Everyone at my terminal is working. Even the extra board is running constantly. All the miles they want and even being pushed into running a 6th day some weeks. Our TM really embraces the hub driver model to keep the terminal flexible without hiring new drivers. I might have to eat my words at some point but it seems like after the over hiring 2 years ago we finally are pretty balanced when it comes to head count. As long as the locust (team drivers) don't show up too much we are holding our own.

When these rumors pop up for you guys, are they usually true? These are the slowest months and always have been and usually business starts to kick up very soon. If OD lays off then that can be a bit worrisome

At FedEx we don’t layoff at least in my time.. we just starve out until things pick back up

When these rumors pop up for you guys, are they usually true? These are the slowest months and always have been and usually business starts to kick up very soon. If OD lays off then that can be a bit worrisome

At FedEx we don’t layoff at least in my time.. we just starve out until things pick back up
No not really. Someone probably got there run cut again and called there buddy on the way home and one thing led to another and boom you got a half cocked dumb ::shit:: rumor.

I don't work here, but i don't trust companies whole heartedly. Not saying this is because it probably isn't, but a company will lie to you up until the day they lay you off. I worked for a company and a rumor like this was spreading so company had a big meeting with everybody and told us it was just a rumor and nobody was losing their job. Then the very next month they called another meeting and said things have changed and let go 200 workers and i was one of them. Then 3 months later they let another 100 go. They flat out lied to us. In hindsight for me it was one door closing even though i loved that job and another door opening with more opportunities. That's when i got into trucking. With all its sacrifices and sometimes crap you put off with trucking has been a blessing to me to take care of my family. O.D is probably one of the most if not the most stable l.t.l. Don't know about Florida since it's mostly a tourist state. Don't let fear drive you crazy. Ive came to a place where if things happen i just have to deal with it then and until that time i don't let it consume me. Some things are just out of our control and a lot of time we obsess over something that never comes to fruition. Just try to be at peace.

No not really. Someone probably got there run cut again and called there buddy on the way home and one thing led to another and boom you got a half cocked dumb ::::shit:::: rumor.

I'm on west coast my run got cut but I'm running at least 4 days a week on wildboard for the time being (waiting for the shift bid) on the other hand friend works out of one of Carolina states and he says it's dead slow. I doubt there will be a mass layoffs but company might trim some fat to make their Q1 numbers look better

That’s bad source driver,, just isn’t what it was the other year when they did,, only think happenin will be starve outs at some locations,,, get some better friends to talk with,, most linehaul got so many imaginary stories and you fell for one ☝️your source probably doing a turn key pre trips and too lazy to put his locks on but we gonna trust it yea right driver

That’s bad source driver,, just isn’t what it was the other year when they did,, only think happenin will be starve outs at some locations,,, get some better friends to talk with,, most linehaul got so many imaginary stories and you fell for one ☝️your source probably doing a turn key pre trips and too lazy to put his locks on but we gonna trust it yea right driver
Man I heard this from a driver who heard it from another driver who heard it from his meet / turn guy that runs outta LKF

Most line haul folks are decent good people, but a few i believe will give you a little wrong information just to see if you will say something to a manager or dispatcher or whomever because they think its amusing. I had a driver tell me some wrong info about a terminal and i show up going by what i was told and looked like an idiot to the dispatcher who told me all that info was lies and this is how we do it at this terminal. Dispatcher was pissed at me at first, but then he and i both saw i was set up. I don't understand why another driver would think pranking others is funny. After a while nobody will believe your stupid words.

Man I heard this from a driver who heard it from another driver who heard it from his meet / turn guy that runs outta LKF
And the story I hear is LKF is so busy they are already going to add doors to their building. In addition to that, Wildwood will shift a lot of freight when opened away from Atlanta/Atlanta West by sending Florida freight to Wildwood to break , which will increase instate freight. If you have been here for more than four years you know this happens every Presidential election cycle.