XPO | Hey Mundelein

Right. But if forcing more freight through the current FACs with such low driver counts becomes counterproductive ? Will they open more FACs to spread out the freight ? With everyone running vias in and out of the FAC there ain't been nobody on the dock. Unless the next step is to replace drivers on the dock with dockhands. That would make sense as well. They are way cheaper and more productive. Could certainly see it going that way.

Drivers loosing dock money to part timers, is the trend I have been seeing all year. Every time I via in some where, I get an ear full from P&D drivers talking about how they are no longer working the hours they have become accustomed too. I see this also on outbound at my barn, forklifts sitting and drivers leaving. Maybe the day that drivers no longer work the dock is just around the corner. Some of these guys will count this as a blessing, others count on that money to maintain their lifestyle. This is, of course a battle of the old guys vs the new guys. The majority of new guys want to skate on eight, and the old salt dogs want to stay and make some extra coin. Only time will tell.

Drivers loosing dock money to part timers, is the trend I have been seeing all year. Every time I via in some where, I get an ear full from P&D drivers talking about how they are no longer working the hours they have become accustomed too. I see this also on outbound at my barn, forklifts sitting and drivers leaving. Maybe the day that drivers no longer work the dock is just around the corner. Some of these guys will count this as a blessing, others count on that money to maintain their lifestyle. This is, of course a battle of the old guys vs the new guys. The majority of new guys want to skate on eight, and the old salt dogs want to stay and make some extra coin. Only time will tell.

To often the guys that are padding their income don't do ::shit:: will taking in that OT. Making it advantageous to the company to eliminate it.

Just saying it's not necessarily the young guys versus the old guys.

To often the guys that are padding their income don't do :::shit::: will taking in that OT. Making it advantageous to the company to eliminate it.

Just saying it's not necessarily the young guys versus the old guys.
But this is where the frustration comes from if you've been around here long enough and watch what happens - Yes , there are drivers that soak up the overtime. Yes , some of the drivers that soak up the overtime don't do anything. And , yes , management is fully aware of these drivers , but FAIL to act on these drivers.

At this company , drivers do what they are asked to do and get away with what they are allowed to do.

I'm one of the bottom guys at my barn. I come early every day on outbound and work the dock and then do my line haul run. Our supervisors beg P&D guys to stay and help on outbound and they don't. Then I hear them crying about no overtime. It's always there. So I'll continue to do it until I'm told otherwise. I like working the 12-14 hour days. It makes the checks good until I can get a longer run one day.