Yellow | Hoffa Letter To Yellow-Roadway Members

I'm not talking about lower level management. You don't have to tell me how incompetent some of these yahoos are. I'm talking about policy makers who have been creating and studying these numbers for decades. They can punch this data up on a computer, after so many years of collecting it, and show you exactly why they do what they do.

larry with all due respect these guys HAVE been studying these numbers for decades AND STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT RIGHT!!!!:d6625240:
WHY ? you may say.... one word INCOMPETENCE
AND IT FLOWS FROM THE TOP DOWN.
you know the old saying "::shit:: trickles downstream" well all you have to do is apply it and wallah!
in my previous post i predicted that you'll say
next thing you'll say," well the dispatcher isn't responsible for the number crunching" i will repeat myself ,"well the ******* who hired him is and if he can't get that right what makes you think his other "observations" are right on"
we get back to the word INCOMPETENCE
i know these guys are your employer but i would not put too much faith in them:greedy:
i never did and never will:1036316054:
all they are good at is skinning your back to make their numbers look good
if they applied the same energies to running the company correctly they would not have to do that and more than likely would stand to make larger profits than they do currently
my observation is and take it for what it is worth, they don't like us
this bs talk about we are all family, a team and such is simply, bs and nothing more
hell i wouldn't treat my dog like they sometimes treat us
final thought... we take the brunt of it in order for them to hide their incompetence so well

yeah i know guys i got wordy once again
i may change my screen name to "word man"
but being thorough i feel is not a bad way to "educate"

oh larry i almost forgot
the real test of competency for the upper management will be the merger of ops between
yellow/ roadway /holland and possibly new penn,,, oh i almost forgot YRC logistics..... the shadow company ( that's their backup and threat guys )
if my memory serves me correctly the ABF / Carolina fiasco displayed to me clearly the incompetence that was in charge then
the mishandling of that much smaller merger almost put ark best out of business
luckily for me and my brothers / sisters we bounced back ( only after losing approx 12 mil / month for many months)
the question is, " is dollar bill all that he says he is ?" we shall see

I know all the senior drivers have paid their dues. But you have to rember that things are different now for us at the bottom. Gas,food,car payments,home payments. Everything is higher than it was just 5 years ago. It is a lot harder to stick it out for 2 years now with the new contract 3 years not wroking but 2 to 3 mounths a year. Yes I only worked a totay of 3 mounths my first year. Now into my second year I have worked a total of 2 mounths so far. So maybe you older guys can cut us newbies a little slack. I don't think it is asking to much.

I know all the senior drivers have paid their dues. But you have to remember that things are different now for us at the bottom. Gas,food,car payments,home payments. Everything is higher than it was just 5 years ago. It is a lot harder to stick it out for 2 years now with the new contract, 3 years not working but 2 to 3 months a year. Yes I only worked a day of 3 months my first year. Now into my second year I have worked a total of 2 months so far. So maybe you older guys can cut us newbies a little slack. I don't think it is asking to much.

I feel your burn... :console:

solidarity.jpg

Loud and Proud

I feel your burn... :console:

solidarity.jpg
I am glad I was raised in a Teamster Family. Granddad, Dad, brothers' and 'hopefully' all three of my sons'. If it's war they want, I shall be honored to give it to them. (I'm a junior in seniority only in the number I have been given. I am a senior when it comes to experience)...You are the man Stan!! I've got your back.:1036316054::funky:

I am glad I was raised in a Teamster Family. Granddad, Dad, brothers' and 'hopefully' all three of my sons'. If it's war they want, I shall be honored to give it to them. (I'm a junior in seniority only in the number I have been given. I am a senior when it comes to experience)...You are the man Stan!! I've got your back.:1036316054::funky:

Appreciate your kind words and I pray your boys can all be prosperous as union workers too... :shades:

ok tell me you wrap the nextel in aluminum foil!
at ABF we used the nextel like a manifest
logged the time arrived, time departed etc etc for each stop
if you think for one minute you can fudge the system think again

my TM had software that located you each time you made an entry
in fact the coordinates where you were are sent each time you make an entry
he was constantly breaking guys chops about entering info timely as it was easy for him to see where you were when you entered info

both abf's & roadway's software was a map on a computer screen showing a bread crumb path on the streets you were on
of course contractually they could not use it against you but they could locate you and coordinate with spotters to check you out thus getting you for dishonesty and falsification bs
most guys are simply doing a few stops and then updating the progress periodically and are not stealing time but they were harassed just the same:hide:
ps: i was a steward who represented guys who were harrassed in this fashion so i think i would know something about it

if you beat the system share it with the rest of us:1036316054:

ABF and Roadway had different system ours not that fancy (yet) Gps is only on certain phones that are turned on by the company as this cost extra. Trust me if guys can make trucks run faster with a piece of wire and a toggle switch dont you think they can beat these phones.

ABF and Roadway had different system ours not that fancy (yet) Gps is only on certain phones that are turned on by the company as this cost extra. Trust me if guys can make trucks run faster with a piece of wire and a toggle switch don't you think they can beat these phones.

when you have an jerk TM like we do believe me he subscribes to the software
he tried to fire me as he misinterpreted the info:duh:
i had two stops very close together
one reconsigned and the other on the manifest
it looked like to him like i did my last stop and then parked for 35 min:hide:
meanwhile he was unaware that there was a reconsigned stop to be done
let's see i got 5 days back pay for that one:hysterical::biglaugh:

even though he looked like a fool it didn't stop him from using it on other guys
with our browser system especially with newer style phones, the position is transmitted back along with every entry you make
the only way to beat it is either shut the phone off or do not enter timely the info you have to
that only works to a point, in otherwords it makes it slightly more difficult for him to locate you
that's why the TM usually gets on guys to update the browser in a timely fashion.... so he can track you and not the BS reason the company gives you that the customer wants to see the freight delivered or picked up in real time
the TM uses the computer usually on "auto pilot" which means he can monitor all the drivers simaltaneously and whoever enters a non matching entry his info is red highlighted by the computer
or what usually occurs is he personally monitors his "favorite driver"
now what he does is locate you and sends a salesman or a supervisor or a spotter to intercept you and "catch" you the old fashion way

so if you feel you can beat it think again
the only way would be to hack into their system
working 60 hrs who has time for that

i guess it is worthwhile for the company to pay 6 figures to a glorified computer hack tio harass the employees
ps the dock browser has an alarm system built into it and alerts you when there is no recent activity
pretty soon the idiot supervisors will be extinct as their jobs will be done electronically

I know all the senior drivers have paid their dues. But you have to rember that things are different now for us at the bottom. Gas,food,car payments,home payments. Everything is higher than it was just 5 years ago. It is a lot harder to stick it out for 2 years now with the new contract 3 years not wroking but 2 to 3 mounths a year. Yes I only worked a totay of 3 mounths my first year. Now into my second year I have worked a total of 2 mounths so far. So maybe you older guys can cut us newbies a little slack. I don't think it is asking to much.

you are 100% correct
it is not asking too much
problem is that the problem is self perpetuating... meaning
same was done to guys like larry so he feels obligated as a senior man now to return the favor
pure and simple GREED under the guise of "oh you do not know my bills"
lame excuse
wake up gentlemen it is not your brother you have to beat up

the carpenter's & electrician unions protects their members when it is slow times by allowing each member to get a piece of the pie so to speak