Holland | Holiday Layoffs

Credits
meeting today in DE. Major layoffs between now and january according to our TM. (hopefully most will be temporary). I know we always used to layoff during the holidays but this one will be deep. Been here fifteen years and may get close to me. He also said we lost the corporate account for Borders Books to fed-ex. Ouch!

meeting today in DE. Major layoffs between now and january according to our TM. (hopefully most will be temporary). I know we always used to layoff during the holidays but this one will be deep. Been here fifteen years and may get close to me. He also said we lost the corporate account for Borders Books to fed-ex. Ouch!

Did he tell you why they lost Borders?

Because Yellow rules are really stupid and they try hard not to keep customers by not delivering the freight. Sorry i couldnt help but vent

Fedex got Borders Books in Jackson Tn back in the summer. This move was out of Persus going to Carlisle Pa. GRIZZ

We lost a large medical account this week because we don't have a guard on our terminals gate and/or we don't open and close the gate, each time, when entering and exiting the terminal. And we didn't have rubber pads on our dock doors either and someone could have seen in to our dock. If they only knew we were all out on work release, from the local jail, maybe they would have thought their product was more secure? :hysterical:

We lost a large medical account this week because we don't have a guard on our terminals gate and/or we don't open and close the gate, each time, when entering and exiting the terminal. And we didn't have rubber pads on our dock doors either and someone could have seen in to our dock. If they only knew we were all out on work release, from the local jail, maybe they would have thought their product was more secure? :hysterical:
Lets see.....We don't have a security guard....We don't have a security gate......We don't have weather pads around our doors.....I wonder if that customer would be impressed with the snowdrifts that form on our dock?:biglaugh:

I heard from higher up we lost the Borders account because fed-ex freight cut the rate by 95%. Sounds like they are gonna make a killing hauling that.

I heard from higher up we lost the Borders account because fed-ex freight cut the rate by 95%. Sounds like they are gonna make a killing hauling that.
Although the salesman didn't mention any specific figures to me, he did say they way undercut us along with bundling all of their services together.
Then he said that Borders financial situation doesn't look very good. Today I looked up their stock and they closed at a whopping .71 cents but they are down to .62 in after hours trading.
Maybe I am doing the sour grapes thing here but it sound like it might end up being a good thing. If they make it our competitor gets a labor intensive account for a deeply discounted rate, and if they don't we potentially avoided some bad debt.