Holland | Holland OR at 105!!! WTF!

Boilerpeddle

Drawing found in trailer
Credits
I didn't get the meeting but they are telling us that we are at 105 OR. Holland has never been that high as a company. What are they doing?
Seems like they are playing games with it but I can't figure out why. Or maybe I missed something. In the past if we even got to 95 we had meetings and threat sessions and pep rallys.
Before YRC we used to get quarterly numbers but we haven't since so I don't know what the previous month was but sheesh 105 c'mon.

I didn't get the meeting but they are telling us that we are at 105 OR. Holland has never been that high as a company. What are they doing?
Seems like they are playing games with it but I can't figure out why. Or maybe I missed something. In the past if we even got to 95 we had meetings and threat sessions and pep rallys.
Before YRC we used to get quarterly numbers but we haven't since so I don't know what the previous month was but sheesh 105 c'mon.

Correct me if I am wrong but .........it's contract time and you are going to see alot of crying the blues now until 4/08 so the rulers of the roost can get concessions................. Stand strong, stay tough and don't settle for anything substandard...............we need to move forward not backwards.

Also most important let our UNION reps know what we want and let them know that we will not go backwards and settle for a "poopey- cockey" (for lack of better words) contract.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR UNITY

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD

Or DON"T COME CRYIN" WHEN IT"S OVER:chairshot:

I know how you feel. At my last company we we had an O/R in the 80's before we were bought out and made part of a synergy.

As the years went buy & the O/R continued to increase we were told not to worry..... That we didn't see the "big picture"....And that the parent company had deep pockets.

For the workers that care it really sucks to see what the "big picture" can do to good running companys.

I asked this question a couple of weeks ago here and was told that I was starting rumors with everything Holland has taken on the past couple of years it will take time for profits to come around yrc can do anything they want with the numbers game so dont be suprised what you hear next week after big meeting in las vegas with zollars

npme employee here, i know about o/r and how our company's has gone up and know holland used to post good o/r's also. was told buy a couple differant supervisors, that yellow doesn't care about o/r, per say per company, like we , and i mean individual employee's , used to be proud of, and said company's also. they only want holland or npme or who-ever to meet there number's game. i dont know exactly, but stuff like lb's of freight per man , crap that i know npme , cant say never looked at, but o/r was the decideing factor in everything. sure they would like low o/r, but first holland or npme must meet there number game or else. so i guess it's back to looking at the big picture, that we peions never seem to see.

Truth

Correct me if I am wrong but .........it's contract time and you are going to see alot of crying the blues now until 4/08 so the rulers of the roost can get concessions................. Stand strong, stay tough and don't settle for anything substandard...............we need to move forward not backwards.

Also most important let our UNION reps know what we want and let them know that we will not go backwards and settle for a "poopey- cockey" (for lack of better words) contract.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR UNITY

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD

Or DON"T COME CRYIN" WHEN IT"S OVER:chairshot:

johnnyrotten you my Brother have hit the nail square on the head!
:1036316054:

YRC Worldwide knows EXACTLY what USF Holland's O.R. is on a daily basis! Their beancounters have to know...this is how you run the business. If YRCW is spending a $1.05 to make $1.00 (losing $.05 on a dollar), then something is real wrong...and has to be fixed asap! I think the fact that Holland, Yellow, Roadway, New Penn, and Reddaway are hauling a lot of the same freight in the same lanes, doesn't make sense. We're all running this next day and 2 day freight down the road with half-empty trailers and killing each other on pricing, load average, and operating ratio! I don't know what Dollar Bill and Jim S. have in store for Holland, but it doesn't look good. IF the economy picks up, there might be enough freight for all of us, but if it doesn't, I look for another company to be spun off or shut down or "merged/synergized" like they did to Dugan and Bestway.

I asked a very reliable source today (management) what the operating ratio was system wide, and was told 90 to 91 %. There is no need to tell the customers we are operating in the red, cause it isn’t true. We don’t need to lose any freight over a rumor of this sort.

I work for Big"R" and let me fill you in on something, You'll think I'm nuts but mark this down.. Roadway and Holland will be merged with in two I repeat two years.. You heard it here first and its coming...:gathering:

I am even nuttier than you. That doesn’t sound right. I think we will all see YRC on the doors of all the trucks, and all one color. No big deals though as long as the paychecks and seniority, job security the list goes on, are still there.

I am even nuttier than you. That doesn’t sound right. I think we will all see YRC on the doors of all the trucks, and all one color. No big deals though as long as the paychecks and seniority, job security the list goes on, are still there.

That would be a logical move and would complete the puzzle...Talk about the BIG PICTURE- WOW

the only ones that will make out on that deal would be the laywers and the non union compititon the shippers in this area that hate yellow and use bigr or holland would end up using conway or old d careful what you wish for as far as the customers hearing were loseing money is no big deal it can happen to any company I am more worried about how they plan to correct the problem the nonunions have the atvantage of cheaper workers less bennys contract time is comming

the only ones that will make out on that deal would be the laywers and the non union compititon the shippers in this area that hate yellow and use bigr or holland would end up using conway or old d careful what you wish for as far as the customers hearing were loseing money is no big deal it can happen to any company I am more worried about how they plan to correct the problem the nonunions have the atvantage of cheaper workers less bennys contract time is comming

Well, Yellow did pay $866 or $966 million dollars for Roadway can’t remember and they also paid 1.54 billion for USF. That seems like a lot of money to spend, just to get rid of the moneymaking brand names. I know this statement contradicts my other post, but wow that is a pile of money!!! And as far as competing with the non-union companies, well their wages are not that far from ours, I feel we handle the freight better by using 48 and 53-foot trailers. Those pups are nothing but freight shakers or mixers. I can remember trying to jam 4 or 5 extra skids in a pup just trying send the complete shipment. So they have higher freight claims. And yes we do have better bennies, thank you IBT!!!! By the way we are not operating in the red, it is a bad rumor, stop spreading it, it will lose us freight.
:smilie_132:

Holland operated at 92 in 2006 and made over 100 million dollars.105 must have been last week when the whole company was covered with snow.

Stimpy. I don't see how you can call it a rumor when we were told by MANAGEMENT in a meeting, and I not telling customers unless they are reading this . We are being "made" to run at a 105 by things like taking most of our city tractors away and making linehaul drivers wait for us to get back in with their trucks so they can take off, getting the freight to the destination terminal late and causing the city men to work longer hours to deliver less freight. He also said we had a couple of terminals shut down for two or three days due to trucks not starting in cold weather This was figures for last month.

All that I can say is that I ask one of the higher ups, don’t want to mention their names of course, they told me that we are at about 90 to 91 %. Maybe the last snowstorm affected the numbers for the day, but over all I don’t think we are that bad off. What they told you, could it be a way to try to get a little more production, who knows???

We are being "made" to run at a 105 by things like taking most of our city tractors away and making linehaul drivers wait for us to get back in with their trucks so they can take off, getting the freight to the destination terminal late and causing the city men to work longer hours to deliver less freight. He also said we had a couple of terminals shut down for two or three days due to trucks not starting in cold weather
This sure sounds a lot like the last company that I worked for....USF ran that one too.

All that I can say is that I ask one of the higher ups, don’t want to mention their names of course, they told me that we are at about 90 to 91 %. Maybe the last snowstorm affected the numbers for the day, but over all I don’t think we are that bad off. What they told you, could it be a way to try to get a little more production, who knows???
Absolutely, it could be an attempt to manipulate us into working harder. I hope thats all it is. Get a few more people to skip or put off a lunch or break to get the freight in and that might help make this few/no city tractors thing work a little better. Or an attempt to scare us at contract time. My terminal, as well as most others I am sure, is mostly made up of workers who came from companies no longer in business. A few of which who got bought by Yellow.

Boilermaker your post was not that far of base according to my bossman. The first month with the bad weather,closing of Bestway and the downturn in business is all factors in our slow first quarter. And yes Bestway closing has been going on longer than we know and has effected our bottom line. Maybe this will be the end of change for a while and we can concentrate on our job. Probably the biggest factor is the contract scare tactics. I see it in ME. Last quarter we were at the top of the company in almost every aspect. Now in a meeting all we here is how we need to do a little more to get us over the top. How things can change. So it doesn't surprise me a bit that your TM told you that our O/R went from 92 - 105 in a matter of weeks. Go figure it. If thats the case would we not have massive layoffs everywhere? JJ I'm withdrawing my statement about reopening WT. Again its been put on the back-burner. I guess I'll get to continue my 300 mile a day pedal. Lifes great and I'm getting of my soapbox. GRIZZ