Yellow | Holland

vWWH0iX.jpg
OMG , the BIDDING WAR has begun !!

They have as much or more money than UPS. Most of their operations are in Europe & Asia. Small footprint here in US. But, if they want to buy any kind of trucking company in the US, they have all the money they need to pay cash. YRC sold off all their terminals & properties. Their is nothing of value to buy to be able to make a profit. As I said no one will buy 100 million of Pension debit + a 900 million loan debit with a typical OR of 95 in a union company. Another way to look at this is, You have 1 billion dollars to buy something. You are thinking about buying YRC with all their debit, & you know the most you will gain in any given year is a 5% profit @ best. Now ask yourself if you could invest in anything but YRC to earn more than 5% a year. The cost ratio to obtain such a small profit is to large to attract most buyers. von.
DISSOLVE THE UNION AND SELL IT OFF PERIOD !! problem & debt problem solved , and really why are we union any more ?? No pension ,No union support & union says YES to all $$$$$ givebacks & Work Rules are just overlooked daily !!

DISSOLVE THE UNION AND SELL IT OFF PERIOD !! problem & debt problem solved , and really why are we union any more ?? No pension ,No union support & union says YES to all $$$$$ givebacks & Work Rules are just overlooked daily !!
AMEN BROTHER! It is a sad day but I agree with everything you just wrote!

Their pay scale is also among the lowest in the industry.
You are correct there, F. I talked to one of their guys I see on a regular basis and he told me they just got a new contract in 2016 that will put them up to 19 dollars when it expires...

You are correct there, F. I talked to one of their guys I see on a regular basis and he told me they just got a new contract in 2016 that will put them up to 19 dollars when it expires...

Wait a minute, wait a minute, that's impossible. Many people here on TB (where only totally accurate, truthful information gets posted) have said that we at the YRC companies are the lowest paid in the industry.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, that's impossible. Many people here on TB (where only totally accurate, truthful information gets posted) have said that we at the YRC companies are the lowest paid in the industry.[/QUOT
I am pretty sure that Standard Forwarding is paying in fifty percent to the pension not twenty five so even the lowest paying Union Companies have advantages over YRC companies. I actually have two buddies that run out of Oshkosh Wisconsin for Standard and they have both been there for a few years and like it quite well. One of them actually lives quite a bit closer to the Holland terminal in Neenah and knows that they have been hiring for years and will not leave Standard to come over to a company owned by YRC. So I guess even if the hourly wage is slightly lower it still might be more desirable of a job. Maybe they should change that from "YRC companies are the lowest paid in the industry" to "YRC companies are the least desirable place in the industry to work".

If they pay full scale into the pension, and are stable enough to look like a long term career, good for them. Job satisfaction, stability, and consistency are rare in trucking.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, that's impossible. Many people here on TB (where only totally accurate, truthful information gets posted) have said that we at the YRC companies are the lowest paid in the industry.

Yrc doesn't pay the lowest by a longshot, the problem is the wasted pension contributions and long term uncertainty.