Yellow | Hot off the fax 03/18/2011

Well if you want things that break the first time you use it then ok. How many tools you got from those stores? Better yet how many busted knuckles or wasted trips to a higher quality store to replace the cheap one you just bought?

The argument was that deregulation did nothing. Now you want to argue quality? My answer was showing that Deregulation DID help people buy things they couldn't have afforded under a 'can't fail/ artificially subsidized' environment; which it has. What you or I buy has nothing to do with the question.

The argument was that deregulation did nothing. Now you want to argue quality? My answer was showing that Deregulation DID help people buy things they couldn't have afforded under a 'can't fail/ artificially subsidized' environment; which it has. What you or I buy has nothing to do with the question.

Well then I guess you are missing my entire point.Before deregulation, we also had factories in this country that were the envy of the world. To me they both go hand in hand. Maybe you should watch what a unregulated industry can do to a economy, say maybe the banking industry. Oh wait that just happened didn't it?

The Banking Industry collapsed because Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and Andrew Cuomo used the power of Government to force banks to make bad loans. Over regulation caused it.

Why have our factories left? EPA Laws, Zoning restrictions, permits, and the highest Corporate Tax Laws in the world. Over regulation.

Well if you want things that break the first time you use it then ok. How many tools you got from those stores? Better yet how many busted knuckles or wasted trips to a higher quality store to replace the cheap one you just bought?

You are describing the symptom, not the problem. The root of the problem is consumer greed- mostly by the Lower Middle Class/ Working Poor- to want more/better items than they can afford if they shopped for quality. Manufacturers of cheap goods hit The Mother Lode in America as we've become an Instant Gratification, Throwaway Society. The days of saving to buy a dreamed of purchase are gone. High rate credit card balances owe for products long thrown away. Because of Greed and an Entitlement attitude. The Manufacturers are merely feeding the hungry Pig.