Yellow | Hot off the press: YRCW 09/10/10 update letter being sent to members

hey doogie396 , your are absolutely right. lets start by shutting down akron go. waste of space , electricity. etc. and while theyre at it how about shutting down all the usf separate general offices and run everyting out of overland park, aren't they suppose to be the only corporate office. anytime one company buys or merges with a nother co. the original company headquarters runs everything. but not stupid yrc. they are still running all these separate genral offices and companies. and terminals as different companies. 1 terminal run by rdwy managemanet and ways the next by yellow management and theyre ways. there is no rhyme or reason to any of it. and this is after over a year and a half after the supposed merger. you is in charge here. looks like nobody to me. every terminal does its own thing.

Tyson's letter says that they "are trying to preserve our jobs, wages and benefits". Well it looks to me like they have failed!

Jobs: thousands laid off.
Wages:15% pay cut.
Benefits: No pension for the last 18 months.

Yep, they have done a hellofa job.

And he mentions us "sacrificing one final time." (I think that we heard that one before also)

The only way Zollars demonstrates his management skills is to have everyone give back he don't even have to lift a finger except for the middle one that he give everyone . What a guy!

Tyson Johnson Can't Sleep At Night?

Is he SLEEPING in the same house he bought or was it foreclosed upon? I think he's sleeping better than I am.
I feel sory for the SOB.

He sits on his ass while we suffer. I feels bad for the lousy SOB.

I got an idea. Instead of the SOB Tysion Johnson sending us a letter explaining how bad he feels, why don't he give some of his 'hard earned' pay check to charity. I may feels something for him then. MAYBE.

Here's another idea ... HOFFA keeps this sorry SOB Tyson... maybe HOFFA should get rid of the Sorry SOB Tyson before we get rid of the sorry SOB HOFFA JR in 2011!!!

Unless you weaklings are as weak and stupid as I truly believe you are you WILL do this!

I think they should have cut the pay 25% the first time out. With such a mountain of debt it was clear that was necessary. Now that I've been laid off for over a year I am voting as a stock holder to hopefully benefit from my stock options. The oldtimers sold me down the river with the concessions for non union work etc.

"It faces challenges from debt obligations imposed by lenders". Huh? Why blame the lenders? Don't the debt obligations originate with a request to borrow? Did the lenders come to Zollars and demand that he borrow money to go on a lavish ill conceived spending spree buying up companies with reckless abandon. I don't think so. Why try to demonize the lenders here when they as well as the rank and file have bent over and accepted worthless stock in the hope of getting at least something out of this pig. Debt obligations IMPOSED by lenders. These people are delusional.

Delusional they may be, however the facts now are the lenders want as much as they can get to not call in the loans.
The corp either pays or files bankruptcy, shippers don't ship with carriers in bankruptcy.
So the choice comes down to keeping it open while looking for something equal/better or closing it down and most likely working for even less.

The sacrifice endured so far has been noticed and has kept this company afloat during difficult times. Further sacrifice may be needed before success is realized. If close mindedness prevails, these sacrifices will be rendered futile. If you are Christian and worship Jesus' ultimate sacrifice to mankind, maybe a deeper understanding of resilience is key to a long term solution. After all, a YRC bankruptcy will be a financial, moral, and overall defeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sacrifice endured so far has been noticed and has kept this company afloat during difficult times. Further sacrifice may be needed before success is realized. If close mindedness prevails, these sacrifices will be rendered futile. If you are Christian and worship Jesus' ultimate sacrifice to mankind, maybe a deeper understanding of resilience is key to a long term solution. After all, a YRC bankruptcy will be a financial, moral, and overall defeat.
What the Company is doing is financially irresponsible and morally reprehensible. We don't need a lecture on religion right now!

YRC and the teamsters will paint the situation as really bleak and leak rumors of all the pay,benefit,and pension concessions that are needed over the next few weeks to keep the company afloat. Then when the actual information comes out asking for less than the rumors suggested,they think the membership will be relieved and vote in favor of the concessions. YRC and the IBT are not leaders or managers anymore,they are politicians. YRC wants you to work for as little as they can get away with and the teamsters want to keep their dues paying members.

The key to this letter is this : "To be clear, any potential changes to the NMFA will follow the Teamsters Union’s Constitution. The decision on whether to accept any changes will be yours." after that you can decide on it's worth if any .

Actually, I tend to believe the really key sentence was "If not for your sacrifices, the company would have gone out of business."

The loans are still due, like it or not.

Almost everyone that is qualified, with a good driving record and hireable with a future is already gone (it appears to me); especially the younger ones, we were the first laid off..... Almost all that are left either are oldsters, waiting for their age to be right age for Retirement, or non-qualified, dock-only guys, or people that can't be hired at other decent jobs. The writing is on the wall. Either stay and work for less and less until they can sell anything they can slowly bleeding it off to satisfy the banks, or face locked gates one morning. No one likes that, but it's the Truth. If anyone still wants to stay, they WILL be working for less.....There's simply nothing else the Teamsters can do.

Then when the actual information comes out asking for less than the rumors suggested,they think the membership will be relieved and vote in favor of the concessions.
You're correct Sarge. They did the same thing with the original pay concession. They put the word out that it was going to be a 15% pay concession......then when it was put on paper, it was only a 10% concession, which gave everyone a feeling of relief. (which encouraged a yes vote.)

Sorry you have to work under these conditions,but if we keep giving back every time YRC cries, then we ALL will be working under the conditions you are working under ...Somewhere it has to stop...Enough is enough...

you got a point there.