Yellow | Hot off the press: YRCW 09/10/10 update letter being sent to members

The sacrifice endured so far has been noticed and has kept this company afloat during difficult times. Further sacrifice may be needed before success is realized. If close mindedness prevails, these sacrifices will be rendered futile. If you are Christian and worship Jesus' ultimate sacrifice to mankind, maybe a deeper understanding of resilience is key to a long term solution. After all, a YRC bankruptcy will be a financial, moral, and overall defeat.

Then I challenge you to quit your job, sell everything you own and go on the road and preach the gospel of the heavenly father zollars and his only son that can give us salvation, pos hoffa! Jesus as we all know said, "turn the other cheek", not bend over and grab your ankles! Look forward to seeing you at the stadium. Or are you all talk?

Then I challenge you to quit your job, sell everything you own and go on the road and preach the gospel of the heavenly father zollars and his only son that can give us salvation, pos hoffa! Jesus as we all know said, "turn the other cheek", not bend over and grab your ankles! Look forward to seeing you at the stadium. Or are you all talk?
He's a junior man..he's just tryin to move up a notch or two!:nut_kick:

The sacrifice endured so far has been noticed and has kept this company afloat during difficult times. Further sacrifice may be needed before success is realized. If close mindedness prevails, these sacrifices will be rendered futile. If you are Christian and worship Jesus' ultimate sacrifice to mankind, maybe a deeper understanding of resilience is key to a long term solution. After all, a YRC bankruptcy will be a financial, moral, and overall defeat.

Did he just compare jesus to yrcw There both are always asking for me to give more money

I don't see why the IBT is willing to just jump in with 5 years pension deferral.....why not start with 1 more year, & see what happens? Why 5? They should be going a year at a time. The economy could come back in a year or 2, then we would be lining their pockets with our pension money. It seems to me that 5 years would give YRC plenty of time to work on getting the pension changes they want thru the government. If anything, it should be 1 year, with 1 year extension on LOA's.

Well you see the economy won't be back until the 3rd quarter next year, by then we'll need new trucks, that'll take up the next years worth, then of course comes trailers, and then maybe we could buy back some of the terminals, of course they'll need the 5th year to think up and position the reason for deferment in 2015 for a couple more years:Emoticon_digging:

I don't see why the IBT is willing to just jump in with 5 years pension deferral.....why not start with 1 more year, & see what happens? Why 5? They should be going a year at a time. The economy could come back in a year or 2, then we would be lining their pockets with our pension money. It seems to me that 5 years would give YRC plenty of time to work on getting the pension changes they want thru the government. If anything, it should be 1 year, with 1 year extension on LOA's.

That answer is easy, those who hold the debt are not going to go along much longer. They are going to cash in and take what they can from the fire sale. That is the only way YRC continues to get credit. From what I hear the employees aren't going to give anymore and then the lenders will stop the cash flow and the doors will close. This is the reality. Either the lenders get the concessions or the company is history.

That answer is easy, those who hold the debt are not going to go along much longer. They are going to cash in and take what they can from the fire sale. That is the only way YRC continues to get credit. From what I hear the employees aren't going to give anymore and then the lenders will stop the cash flow and the doors will close. This is the reality. Either the lenders get the concessions or the company is history.

Right you are, we do as the lenders say at this point or we'll be sitting on the outside looking in.

Here's another idea ... HOFFA keeps this sorry SOB Tyson... maybe HOFFA should get rid of the Sorry SOB Tyson before we get rid of the sorry SOB HOFFA JR in 2011!!!

Unless you weaklings are as weak and stupid as I truly believe you are you WILL do this!

hoffa needs to go regardless...

Wow..........Its hard to really believe the once mighty Yellow/Roadway is on the verge of dissapearing. I remember as a kid, driving past that giant yard near victorvillle ca. thinking how cool it would be to somday work there. The first place I went to when I got my Commercial License 20+ years ago was CF, Yellow and Roadway. They didnt hire me but was hired by a non-union company.. Im a non-union driver, but still a driver, just like all the rest of you. I would never wish what your going through on you or any other driver, I dont care if your union or not. I think you guys have given enough, and I hope that you wont have to give anymore. Good luck to all of you and your families, from one trucker to another.

Wow..........Its hard to really believe the once mighty Yellow/Roadway is on the verge of dissapearing. I remember as a kid, driving past that giant yard near victorvillle ca. thinking how cool it would be to somday work there. The first place I went to when I got my Commercial License 20+ years ago was CF, Yellow and Roadway. They didnt hire me but was hired by a non-union company.. Im a non-union driver, but still a driver, just like all the rest of you. I would never wish what your going through on you or any other driver, I dont care if your union or not. I think you guys have given enough, and I hope that you wont have to give anymore. Good luck to all of you and your families, from one trucker to another.
From one old school trucker to another, best wishes to you too Jeff. Union or non-union we are all just truckers, unfortunately, too many forget that now. Your post was refreshing to read. Got me nostalgic for the old days when the comraderie among ALL drivers was so strong.

It's like their placing this debt on us like it our's.

"It faces challenges from debt obligations imposed by lenders". Huh? Why blame the lenders? Don't the debt obligations originate with a request to borrow? Did the lenders come to Zollars and demand that he borrow money to go on a lavish ill conceived spending spree buying up companies with reckless abandon. I don't think so. Why try to demonize the lenders here when they as well as the rank and file have bent over and accepted worthless stock in the hope of getting at least something out of this pig. Debt obligations IMPOSED by lenders. These people are delusional.

so we get worthless stock to make it look like it's moving.

Refreshing to know that some drivers still remember what this is all about!.....Good post Jeff Albertson....good post.....KK

Hey guy's after reading the letter attached to this post, I have to say it sounds to me like they(teamsters union) are trying to make sure they keep the membership up rather than your company. I am NOT a yrc employee, but I am a freight industry junkie and I have heard plenty of rumors about your demise and where the company is going. I am sure you know that YRC as a whole has more union employees than any other trucking company, can you imagine what would happen to the teamsters if YRC shut down. I hope you all can come out of this with something just remember that they all sit in an office and look at the bottom line not the indivdiual that this will effect unless they think they will lose members. Good Luck and Godspeed.

Dealing with corporate criminals as they prepare to file bankruptcy on the United States of America for 3 billion dollars is like a 10 year old telling his father he's old enough to drive. They have their minds made up on an additional billion dollars profit a year by cutting wages and benefits. They prefer to cheat the truck driver out of occupied time while their working their 14 hour shifts with no over time pay.. I never considered truck driving as a good job, but since I graduated high school I've never seen really good jobs that hire on an equal opportunity basis. I 've seen many close down or I was degraded in one way or another by some special interest member. The job susks and I'm not doing it for nothing and I'm not giving anymore. NO!!! I also expect a year extension on my unemployment, that should give me a year and a half off. "F you" anyway I can, to the whole trucking industry and corporate pig America!! And F You to every republican politician and incumbent!!

Either the lenders get the concessions or the company is history.
We have given this company enough money, and bought them more time already to fix their problems. They are still running this company the same way they did in January of 2009 when they got their first concession from us. Face it. This business plan that they have is a failure, yet they haven't changed anything. We have personal budgets that we have responsibilities for just like the company has. We have had to adjust ours because of the Company's stupid business plan, yet the Company has done very little to fix this bad business plan.

And lets not forget.....A no vote does NOT guarantee the doors closing. But, if it does result in closure, I will happily live with the consequences, and feel relieved to get out from under this black cloud. But, I'm done paying for their stupidity.