Yellow | Hotel at IND

gone

TB Lurker
Credits
I wouldn't have ever belived it was possible, but this place is getting WORSE!!! Had the distinct pleasure of staying there this weekend and had to change rooms 3 times. First was no A/C, then the second room was infested with ants. When I went to the desk, the old broad working there said "Just go back and I'll send maintainince to spray". Bet me!!! I have a better idea, how about a new room. On the way back I was 20 minutes late to the yard because it took the van 35 minutes to show up at the hotel (it doesn't run on a schedule) and 20 minutes to get to Yellow.

This place is and will always be a dump, and now that the bar is history, maybe they will take a look at either moving us or giving us a choice (ala Chicago). There is no reason that I can concive that we deserve to be treated like this by our employer and I can similarly think of no reason why our Union allows it. If I did my job at Yellow like this hotel does it's job for us, Yellow would fire me in an instant.

Best thing to do is file a grievance. All the complaining in the world, and I agree it's a rathole, falls on deaf ears without the paperwork.

Testpilot said:
Yep, thats the one.
Ok. The bar closed though huh? Thats the only reason I liked going there. The rest of the place was a dump. Hoe wever I don't think it was as bad as the Ramada in Detroit.

Also the bank has recently taken over the hotel in the last month or so. The owner Bill I guess defaulted on the loan.

I agree this place is a dump. Holland,Yellow, And Roadway stay here.

About 2 yrs ago they gave us a second choice a a Sheration on the northeast off a Shadeland ave. side a little ride but a nice place. But believe it or not Holland drivers would rather stay at the dump. So we moved back. Then they had another choice one exit westr of this hotel, a Ramada. Nice plenty of eating places but we could not behave and had to get in a fight in the lobby and back to the good old Econlodge, where dogs are guest there all the time.

One of the Indy Yard Guys put in a suggestion, but it fell on deaf ears, of course.

Yellow owns the building on the south side of Yellow-- the old insulation place that sits abandoned. Why not tear down that building and build a nice sleeping quarters/cafeteria? Pretty much all the dock guys would eat there (If itwas decent food???). It's away from our dock, so noise wouldn't be that much of an issue. We already own it, so buying it wouldn't be an issue either. Saves on room rent, travel time and travel expense. My guess is, it made tooooo much sense......

sorry 'bout the old rat-hole of a hotel. I thought it was shut down back when it was the Dollar Inn, because of hookers and drugs.......when I found out it was our hotel, I was amazed........

jimmy g said:
One of the Indy Yard Guys put in a suggestion, but it fell on deaf ears, of course.

Yellow owns the building on the south side of Yellow-- the old insulation place that sits abandoned. Why not tear down that building and build a nice sleeping quarters/cafeteria? Pretty much all the dock guys would eat there (If itwas decent food???). It's away from our dock, so noise wouldn't be that much of an issue. We already own it, so buying it wouldn't be an issue either. Saves on room rent, travel time and travel expense. My guess is, it made tooooo much sense......

sorry 'bout the old rat-hole of a hotel. I thought it was shut down back when it was the Dollar Inn, because of hookers and drugs.......when I found out it was our hotel, I was amazed........

I would rather sleep in a tent then go back to the bunkrooms, which is exactly what it would turn into. I have already seen what Yellow thinks of us by the hotel that they have contracted with. I sure as hell wouldn't want to imagine what they would do away from the prying eyes of the city and county health departments.

Testpilot said:
I would rather sleep in a tent then go back to the bunkrooms, which is exactly what it would turn into. I have already seen what Yellow thinks of us by the hotel that they have contracted with.
So, I'm assuming you've filed a grievance to get out of there, right?

Jimmy G, I really don't think you want to get into bunkhouses, nothing but problems. BUT, there does have to be a National standard for hotels. Would Dollar Bill and his family stay there would be a good place to start.:Zzzz:

Free admis. to Classy Chassis makes it great???

You always have the option of going to Classis Chassis to get hammered, while you check out the naked ladies for free. Then you won't care whether the A/C works or ants bite, LOL.

:ontopic:

vwaggs said:
You always have the option of going to Classis Chassis to get hammered, while you check out the naked ladies for free. Then you won't care whether the A/C works or ants bite, LOL.

That's where Little Al Unser, Jr had been when he got stopped for drunk driving....... kinda wonder what happened to him-- I thought for sure he'd go to a higher class place...........

I was at the Warren Hotel in 1972 for Associated Transport. That day they announced that the Penna Rail Road went bankrupt. The rail roaders that slept went right to the bar, i thought that was awful. This ends my history lesson for the day.

I guess they were "railroaded"

Mattjm, did YOU go to the bar?????????

Inquiring minds want to know.............methinks there's more history than is being told.............:birthday: :Sign-Cow: :baby:

Hotel at Indy

JimJoe (jj) said:
Also the bank has recently taken over the hotel in the last month or so. The owner Bill I guess defaulted on the loan.

I agree this place is a dump. Holland,Yellow, And Roadway stay here.

About 2 yrs ago they gave us a second choice a a Sheration on the northeast off a Shadeland ave. side a little ride but a nice place. But believe it or not Holland drivers would rather stay at the dump. So we moved back. Then they had another choice one exit westr of this hotel, a Ramada. Nice plenty of eating places but we could not behave and had to get in a fight in the lobby and back to the good old Econlodge, where dogs are guest there all the time.
Now hold on a second,I work for Holland and we have been fileing greivences about rat hole motels like the one in Indy and have managed to get us into better ones.
I think we got back to the Ramada Inn at Indy now .It isnt too bad maybe we can stay there for a while if you guys stop fist fighting in the lobby.

Classy Chassie

vwaggs said:

Did those girls over there ask ya how I been doing?

Yes I know of 2 Oct Yellow, Roadway, and Holand will be out of the Econolodge and into the new Hotel on Hwy 31 south at exit 2 on 465. I think it is called a Best Inn and Suites now. I heard that some of the old hotel's staff already had jobs at the new hotel.

Antthing has to be a improvement over the old hotel!!!.