ODFL | Hotels

dswanson

TB Lurker
Credits
I had a bad experience at hotel in Ind last week the quality off lynnhurst woke up with bites all over, notified my tm and he sent email to ind within an hour or so John line haul manager called and apologized and contacted hotel some of these hotels are pretty wore out, name some of the rough ones you've stayed in thru out the system

Little rock is the worst I've been to. I think they only get one or two of us a week so they stick us in the same room and I seriously doubt they change the sheets between. Nasty place.

The worst one I stay'd at was in New Haven.Was a old motel beside a truck stop.Back in 04 Freak'n bathroom was bigger than the room..I know they don't use it now.

I don't work for OD but my company puts me in that same hotel when i stay in Indy and I have had a similar experience just not as severe. Nasty place indeed.

the bad deal about indy is there arnt any other hotels they will use because of the truck break in's they have had at previous hotels that quality does suck at indy always hated laying over there

The Motel 6 in Rock Island was bad. Indy and LRA suck. Most of the others have been OK. I did have to laugh the last time I ate breakfast at the country hearth inn at MFS. I went to dip some gravy on to the rock hard biscuits and all the gravy ran off. Super watery. Lol. When the gravy runs completely off and leaves dry buscuits, there is a problen

The Motel 6 in Rock Island was bad. Indy and LRA suck. Most of the others have been OK. I did have to laugh the last time I ate breakfast at the country hearth inn at MFS. I went to dip some gravy on to the rock hard biscuits and all the gravy ran off. Super watery. Lol. When the gravy runs completely off and leaves dry buscuits, there is a problen

I always go to the Kettle restaurant down the street from the hotel in MFS... Good breakfast buffet and coffee for a decent price.

GRB is among the worst I've experienced. It's a Days Inn, dirty, old and worn out are the only positive things that can be said. Oh, and a strong stench of curry immediately upon walking in the door which should speak volumes for what to expect.

GRB is among the worst I've experienced. It's a Days Inn, dirty, old and worn out are the only positive things that can be said. Oh, and a strong stench of curry immediately upon walking in the door which should speak volumes for what to expect.

That's what I was expecting in Dallas, the curry is oppressive in the lobby. It ain't the best but far from the worst. The guy that owns the joint is a good dude that treats us OD hands like gold.

UOTE="Songremainsthesame, post: 916075, member: 30985"]That's what I was expecting in Dallas, the curry is oppressive in the lobby. It ain't the best but far from the worst. The guy that owns the joint is a good dude that treats us OD hands like gold.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but if you get there in the middle of the day in the middle of the summer you wont get any sleep. The ac is off in the rooms and it wont cool off till the sun goes down. Ac in the rooms cant catch up to the Texas summer heat.

UOTE="Songremainsthesame, post: 916075, member: 30985"]That's what I was expecting in Dallas, the curry is oppressive in the lobby. It ain't the best but far from the worst. The guy that owns the joint is a good dude that treats us OD hands like gold.
Yeah but if you get there in the middle of the day in the middle of the summer you wont get any sleep. The ac is off in the rooms and it wont cool off till the sun goes down. Ac in the rooms cant catch up to the Texas summer heat.[/QUOTE]

I checked in there yesterday morning about 0300 and the bathroom never totally cooled off...

My buddy told me last night that there are two new motel choices for MFS. One is a Sleep Inn and the other is a privately owned one that is located close to the yard.

Also, there is a new motel at IND. it is still a Quality, but it's the one at Plainfield, iN. About ten miles away, supposedly in a nicer area. Anything beats the Low Quality Inn at Lynnhurst.

My buddy told me last night that there are two new motel choices for MFS. One is a Sleep Inn and the other is a privately owned one that is located close to the yard.

Also, there is a new motel at IND. it is still a Quality, but it's the one at Plainfield, iN. About ten miles away, supposedly in a nicer area. Anything beats the Low Quality Inn at Lynnhurst.

I liked the Waffle House next to the hotel on Lynnhurst... Hotel in MFS is being remodeled which will be nice, but the front desk clerk at night needs a lesson in notating overnight check-ins... Got woke up by housekeeping and the manager didn't recall seem to care when I called the front desk... Guess I'll have to have a talk with someone over at the yard...