ODFL | Hotels

I liked the Waffle House next to the hotel on Lynnhurst... Hotel in MFS is being remodeled which will be nice, but the front desk clerk at night needs a lesson in notating overnight check-ins... Got woke up by housekeeping and the manager didn't recall seem to care when I called the front desk... Guess I'll have to have a talk with someone over at the yard...

Checked out and the manager actually apologized and said he called the night desk clerk at home to chew him out about not notating my late checkout. Don't know if it's true but it made for a good story.

That happens to me more than it should. Last time I was at IND, I got three room keys and all three had people sleeping in them when I opened the doors. Don't know why they didn't have their doors locked with the bolts. When I got my fourth room, and it was empty I, I made SURE it was bolted and chained. I had a suspicion. Sure enough, people tried my door all day long. Lol.

I got the door opened on me at the Super 8 in Goodland, KS as I walked out of the shower wearing what I came into this world in. There stood a woman from housekeeping.

I used to have trouble with housekeeping pounding on the door and opening it in a lot of places. They seem to completely ignore the do not disturb sign. Now, I make sure I see them note that I'll be sleeping late and make sure they understand DO NOT wake me up or I'll lose my cherub like demeanor.

Haven't had that happen in some time now. Did have a drunk trying to get in my room at Albuquerque while crying some girls name. The police had to come to that one, but that was no fault of the motel. They always treat me good there.

That happens to me more than it should. Last time I was at IND, I got three room keys and all three had people sleeping in them when I opened the doors. Don't know why they didn't have their doors locked with the bolts. When I got my fourth room, and it was empty I, I made SURE it was bolted and chained. I had a suspicion. Sure enough, people tried my door all day long. Lol.

I got the door opened on me at the Super 8 in Goodland, KS as I walked out of the shower wearing what I came into this world in. There stood a woman from housekeeping.

I used to have trouble with housekeeping pounding on the door and opening it in a lot of places. They seem to completely ignore the do not disturb sign. Now, I make sure I see them note that I'll be sleeping late and make sure they understand DO NOT wake me up or I'll lose my cherub like demeanor.

Haven't had that happen in some time now. Did have a drunk trying to get in my room at Albuquerque while crying some girls name. The police had to come to that one, but that was no fault of the motel. They always treat me good there.

Where do we stay at in ABQ? Last time I was there it was the Days Inn next to the former Holiday Inn down the street from the TA.

Where do we stay at in ABQ? Last time I was there it was the Days Inn next to the former Holiday Inn down the street from the TA.

Been a while since I was over there, but it's on Iliff St. I'm pretty sure it's a Quality Inn & Suites. I usually get mixed up on which one it is. I don't remember a TA being anywhere near there.

I had a bad experience at hotel in Ind last week the quality off lynnhurst woke up with bites all over, notified my tm and he sent email to ind within an hour or so John line haul manager called and apologized and contacted hotel some of these hotels are pretty wore out, name some of the rough ones you've stayed in thru out the system

:1sm364jumpbed: A lot of our hotels we stay, have "BED Bugs", bed bugs can leave bad bites!! You know what they say ( Don't let the bed bugs bite).:6788:

My buddy told me last night that there are two new motel choices for MFS. One is a Sleep Inn and the other is a privately owned one that is located close to the yard.

Also, there is a new motel at IND. it is still a Quality, but it's the one at Plainfield, iN. About ten miles away, supposedly in a nicer area. Anything beats the Low Quality Inn at Lynnhurst.
Yeah Holland is moving us out of that quality inn as well. Too much wait time in the clock for check in is costing them too much especially on bid night. Waiting 2 to 3hrs for a room is ridiculous.

I notice our corporate and sales visitors aren't staying at the driver hotel, guess it isn't good enough for them.
:poster oops: NO! When I was in Safety, corporate would put you up in better hotel, so you could get your rest (work) and some times to keep you from being bother with:grouphug: drivers and other visitors. Sorry to tell you that, corporate set up the hotels we stay at. :sorrow:

Last edited:
Yeah Holland is moving us out of that quality inn as well. Too much wait time in the clock for check in is costing them too much especially on bid night. Waiting 2 to 3hrs for a room is ridiculous.

I can't imagine it being that bad since we moved out and there's more rooms available... YRC taking up too many rooms?