XPO | How long is this trend going to last??

Some of the big terminals have been laying off dock hands and cutting OT. Many of the small barns are really feeling the slow down.

I got let go three weeks before Christmas in '08. It's not a fun thing. I wish the best for you.

We have 9 Lh drivers at our barn, apparently they're sitting 4 guys tonight, wow! Are layoffs coming or what??
I expect a slowdown after Christmas. Last night we ran 12 of 12. Every night is different. We are also covering other terminals doing several vias on the way home.

I expect a slowdown after Christmas. Last night we ran 12 of 12. Every night is different. We are also covering other terminals doing several vias on the way home.
We have 9 Lh drivers at our barn, apparently they're sitting 4 guys tonight, wow! Are layoffs coming or what??
well we have 3 l/her's to reship all 3 worked last night! as for us we're busier in the winter then we are in summer due to our fisher plow account during the summer we send usually just 2 it all depends on your location&accounts

Every LTL company is slow. If you'll think about it around June things started slowing and gradually have gotten worse. Major corporations just aren't ordering durable goods right now.
You are partly right, consumers are not SPENDING enough.... Causing an inventory glut. IMHO, the employment numbers the government is putting out are fraudulent. If you ask me; we are in a recession, and have been since June. Hell, if you ask me we have been in a recession, since Obama took office!!!

You are partly right, consumers are not SPENDING enough.... Causing an inventory glut. IMHO, the employment numbers the government is putting out are fraudulent. If you ask me; we are in a recession, and have been since June. Hell, if you ask me we have been in a recession, since Obama took office!!!

Not in an actual recession at the moment. But they are calling for a loss of 30% of our economy in the next three years. Which will at some point indeed be a recession. We are not competitive in the global market.

The biggest thing we have going for us is the driver shortage. If staffing was at historic norms, the lay offs right now would be alarming.

I used to be self employed. I lost the business under Bush in 2008. The economic slide started in early 2000s. But that doesn't fit your agenda.

The biggest thing we have going for us is the driver shortage. If staffing was at historic norms, the lay offs right now would be alarming.

I personally think the "driver shortage " is a conspiracy/myth. Having just enough or too little drivers would give us leverage as far as pay and treatment. The pay is still the same (relatively speaking) and truck drivers are still treated like dirt bags. Until I go to the grocery store or a Walmart and see the shelves bare, until I go to a restaurant and can't order food, until I can't order a package online and have it sent to my house, I will never believe this so called driver shortage.

I personally think the "driver shortage " is a conspiracy/myth. Having just enough or too little drivers would give us leverage as far as pay and treatment. The pay is still the same (relatively speaking) and truck drivers are still treated like dirt bags. Until I go to the grocery store or a Walmart and see the shelves bare, until I go to a restaurant and can't order food, until I can't order a package online and have it sent to my house, I will never believe this so called driver shortage.
Not trying to tick anyone off here Fruit. But most of the CW guys that I talk with (p and d), say if CW would worry more about treating the drivers they have good, and not worry if they get a few hours OT a week , their turnover rate would improve a bunch...

I used to be self employed. I lost the business under Bush in 2008. The economic slide started in early 2000s. But that doesn't fit your agenda.
Maybe you lost your business because of poor management or poor business model. My wife and I run a small business we do pretty good have been for 15 years.

Not trying to tick anyone off here Fruit. But most of the CW guys that I talk with (p and d), say if CW would worry more about treating the drivers they have good, and not worry if they get a few hours OT a week , their turnover rate would improve a bunch...
I disagree. There are ads everywhere for drivers needed.
not to mention why would a company offer sign on bonuses if their flooded with applications

I disagree. There are ads everywhere for drivers needed.
When these LTL companies change their ads to read, experienced drivers start at full wages, immediate health care, and 401k, they will not have the turnover they have now. This BS of working for 70-80-90 percent and taking 3 years to get to top scale is just more money they pocket. Treat your help with respect and pay them all top wages, and the majority will take care of their company...