XPO | How long is this trend going to last??

For every new employee that is happy for starting out at top pay, there is another dozen veteran employees pissed off about the fact that they had to wait 3 years for top pay.
:idunno:

When have trucking companies ever not had a ton of ads out looking for drivers? What are the effects of this driver shortage? The roads are packed with trucks every night and day, the rest areas and truck stops are so full you dare not pull into one at the wrong time of day. Have you picked up at a customer lately that has said "wow I just can't find anyone to haul my freight ?" I pass by these truck driving schools on a daily basis packed with guys looking to start a new life, not knowing that this career starting out can and will ruin your life. I do believe there is a shortage of good paying freight, good paying jobs and well seasoned experienced drivers, but there is no shortage of truck drivers.

When these LTL companies change their ads to read, experienced drivers start at full wages, immediate health care, and 401k, they will not have the turnover they have now. This BS of working for 70-80-90 percent and taking 3 years to get to top scale is just more money they pocket. Treat your help with respect and pay them all top wages, and the majority will take care of their company...

Exactly. Then I may be slightly concerned about this so called shortage.

not to mention why would a company offer sign on bonuses if their flooded with applications

As far as I know Saia was the only freight company that did the sign on bonus and they just laid 450ish drivers off…. As for any other company offering a sign on bonus, their wages must not be competitive. You don't see ups parcel or freight offering sign on bonuses.

As far as I know Saia was the only freight company that did the sign on bonus and they just laid 450ish drivers off…. As for any other company offering a sign on bonus, their wages must not be competitive. You don't see ups parcel or freight offering sign on bonuses.
No you don't, but I see more and more non company trucks pulling UPS trailers every night down the highways!

It's not a driver shortage, it's a shortage of qualified drivers. Drivers that have clean MVR's, good work histories and that can actually drive the truck. Some of the applicants coming out of school are good hard working people, too many are there because welfare/ unemployment told them they had to do something because they would be cut off. Trucking is still considered as unskilled labor by the government!! Let's see those idiots navigate NYC, Chicago or any big city traffic with a trailer!! With more electronic gadgets in trucks and the process to get haz may these days that government classification has to change.

Jenny807 said:
It's 2015!! Obama has been in charge for 7 YEARS!!! What has he done to help the economic situation?? I'll wait for your answer...... Under Obama household income is down over $4,000 per household per year.
The Dow is up 125% under Obama. US oil production is up 75%, having a direct effect on the price of gas. Gun and automotive sales are thru the roof. 2014 was the biggest job increase in 15 years. Speaking for myself, every job I've had since losing the business has been a better paying job. For the record, I don't like the president, but facts are facts.

joes bar and grill said:
I don't know what business you were in but, I can guarantee the government did not put you out, they may have made it difficult but they were not the reason
Correct. I'm not the one blaming the president. The economy tanked. End of story.

toilet paper said:
Maybe you lost your business because of poor management or poor business model. My wife and I run a small business we do pretty good have been for 15 years.
That's very possible. I saw the crash coming, and planned on losing a large portion of business. Clearly, I didn't plan enough.

The Dow is up 125% under Obama. US oil production is up 75%, having a direct effect on the price of gas. Gun and automotive sales are thru the roof. 2014 was the biggest job increase in 15 years. Speaking for myself, every job I've had since losing the business has been a better paying job. For the record, I don't like the president, but facts are facts.

Correct. I'm not the one blaming the president. The economy tanked. End of story.

That's very possible. I saw the crash coming, and planned on losing a large portion of business. Clearly, I didn't plan enough.

The guys who listen to the talk radio aren't interested in facts. They just want someone to justify their bigotry.

The Dow is up 125% under Obama.
Yep. The rich investors are getting richer, and us middle classers are losing our ass with the cost of living rising, and our wages not.

US oil production is up 75%,....
Not BECAUSE of Obama, but IN SPITE OF Obama. The drilling is taking place on private land (that Obama has no say over), not on public land that he can control.

.... having a direct effect on the price of gas.
The leftists didn't blame him for the high gas prices, so you can't give him credit for the low prices either. Remember......"The President has no control over gas prices".

Gun and automotive sales are thru the roof.
Guns.....yep, nobody feels like our Govt. will protect us. Automotive.....It's the American way, borrow yourself into oblivion.

2014 was the biggest job increase in 15 years.
Yep. And mostly part time jobs. And those seeking work need to have several of them, with no insurance of course.

.... but facts are facts.
Yep. That's why I gave them to you. I'm here to help.

94,000,000 Americans not in the workforce (RECORD) (FACT)

National Debt 19 Trillion Dollars has doubled under Obama in the last 7 years (FACT)

3.4 Trillion Dollars in Federal Taxes Collected in 2014 a record (FACT)

Since Obama has been in Office since 2009 he has failed to present a Budget to Congress that would pass. The last of which he presented (5 TRILLION DOLLARS) to Congress failed to get one vote. Failing 99-0. (FACT)

94,000,000 Americans not in the workforce (RECORD) (FACT)

National Debt 19 Trillion Dollars has doubled under Obama in the last 7 years (FACT)

3.4 Trillion Dollars in Federal Taxes Collected in 2014 a record (FACT)

Since Obama has been in Office since 2009 he has failed to present a Budget to Congress that would pass. The last of which he presented (5 TRILLION DOLLARS) to Congress failed to get one vote. Failing 99-0. (FACT)
wasn't it also under obama we had to change our health insurance because it was classified as "cadillac" and o.p.e.c is the biggest reason of lower fuel costs as they opened the spicetts.For christmas i gave myself an lar.308 because i was afraid to take out a loan for a new truck(which i need to replace shortly)due to this xpo thing