FedEx Freight | How many applications or are you leaving ?

How many applications do you have out there or are you just leaving ?

• 1 application

• 2 application

• 3 application

• 4 application

• 5 I'm just leaving , done with it all .

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you have never worked food and beverage your in for a Nut bustin Ride my friend. You might want to step back and gain a little perspective from those who came from that industry into LTL. I enjoyed it as a young healthy new driver but it quickly wore my Butt out and would have caused lots of health issues long term. Long term food and beverage drivers are few and far between. its a tuff physical occupation.
This right here. I delivered beer for two years before I went to a linehaul position. I aged 10 years during that time. Got back and knee issues that make me miserable a lot of days, and I'm only 35.

Did you get that information from your magic 8 ball?
You're an absolute blind fool if you don't see that things are about to shut down again.
You watching the infection rates over the last few weeks?

It's coming, make no mistake.

Your next choice will be what to do when the fed rules that employers CAN force employees to get the jab, if they wish to remain with the company,and Fx will follow suit.

If you have never worked food and beverage your in for a Nut bustin Ride my friend. You might want to step back and gain a little perspective from those who came from that industry into LTL. I enjoyed it as a young healthy new driver but it quickly wore my Butt out and would have caused lots of health issues long term. Long term food and beverage drivers are few and far between. its a tuff physical occupation.

You're an absolute blind fool if you don't see that things are about to shut down again.

Your next choice will be what to do when the fed rules that employers CAN force employees to get the jab, if they wish to remain with the company,and Fx will follow suit.
You seem like an angry fellow, perhaps a change in meds would help.

3 smoke.
1) UPS Feeder. Had my first interview and was basically hired but have to wait for 2nd interview with someone else for whatever reason

2) Estes. Linehaul driver.

3) OD. Linehaul driver. Offering top scale to sign on and benefits are awesome. Terminal manager said just stop in during the week to talk. I have a doctor appointment coming up and plan to go that day after my appointment.

this is all after 20 years of spotless service here but i just can’t afford to be a FDXF employee anymore and I’m done with the ********
Go with ups if you get in , in my opinion best job in industry if you don't mind nights !!

This right here. I delivered beer for two years before I went to a linehaul position. I aged 10 years during that time. Got back and knee issues that make me miserable a lot of days, and I'm only 35.
Did soda & beer from 17 to 42. Ya wonder why old timers say “snowflakes”. It was the best paying gig back then. I wouldn’t have gotten out of bed for ltl wages.

Ahhh Dude , 10 years , on bottles and keg trucks for G. Heileman Brewing Company . I had a helper that was not allowed to drive my 16 bay semi but aided in a level of security . Running the inner city EVERYTHING was cash and I carried large amounts of cash and a small 9 mm , never had to shoot but came damn close 3X .Finally the last time I told Mrs. Smokestack I almost had to shoot a kid (15-16) and said I'm done . I went on to the Teamsters for 10 years and then American Freightways / FedEx Fright for the last 22 = 42 total. I was tough , could you quad stack 1/2 bbls ? I could , had to , God could you and I have fun with a 30 pack !

Ahhh Dude , 10 years , on bottles and keg trucks for G. Heileman Brewing Company . I had a helper that was not allowed to drive my 16 bay semi but aided in a level of security . Running the inner city EVERYTHING was cash and I carried large amounts of cash and a small 9 mm , never had to shoot but came damn close 3X .Finally the last time I told Mrs. Smokestack I almost had to shoot a kid (15-16) and said I'm done . I went on to the Teamsters for 10 years and then American Freightways / FedEx Fright for the last 22 = 42 total. I was tough , could you quad stack 1/2 bbls ? I could , had to , God could you and I have fun with a 30 pack !
I hated the keg truck. It was a tough gig, but the 23-year-old kid who had that route while I worked there loved it. Most of my time was spent as a helper on other routes that only had a couple of keg stops in 18-bay trailers, or as a merchandiser for the bulk route -- then if someone was off, I'd fill in for them as driver with no help. Those were often 14 to 16-hour days. We were lucky in that we didn't have much security problems, but we live in a pretty rural area. Lots of junky-ass coolers with zero room to lift properly, though. And that's where the back issues come from today, I'm sure.

Tennessee doesn't have 30-racks, but a case of your favorite is on me if you're ever in my neck of the woods. :1036316054::guinesssmilie:

Oh, and we didn't accept cash. All customers had to be either direct deposit via electronic funds transfer or they had to give us checks. That cut down on the risk of getting robbed.

16 hours was normal , beer not coming off the truck , no money made .
That job was a 24/7 , nobody runs out of beer , the boss will call you out
at 01:00 if a guy was out . I had keys for everything . Everything was drop
and wheel , everything ! Cash and some checks but all cash and I was responsible for any shortages off the truck or my cash . Guess that made me the mean bastard I can be . Any overaged I kept and extra beer was used for good customers as breakage and good will . (lunch) Getting robbed was not happening on Smoke's Truck but we would have a same few that would come in with that story , it never flew , my boss did not play . We had the toughest team in the city and the Miller , Pabst , Schlitz guys knew it .

:guinesssmilie::bat: SMOKESTACK

16 hours was normal , beer not coming off the truck , no money made .
That job was a 24/7 , nobody runs out of beer , the boss will call you out
at 01:00 if a guy was out . I had keys for everything . Everything was drop
and wheel , everything ! Cash and some checks but all cash and I was responsible for any shortages off the truck or my cash . Guess that made me the mean bastard I can be . Any overaged I kept and extra beer was used for good customers as breakage and good will . (lunch) Getting robbed was not happening on Smoke's Truck but we would have a same few that would come in with that story , it never flew , my boss did not play . We had the toughest team in the city and the Miller , Pabst , Schlitz guys knew it .

:guinesssmilie::bat: SMOKESTACK
My time with the Bud distributor ended just a little over a year ago, so we had to be pretty by-the-book on hours of service and any overages of product. I heard a lot of stories about product getting "overaged" into guys' cars or trucks at the end of the day back before we had everything tracked by computer. At my distributor, all routes used to be peddle-sale routes where they sold and delivered the product the same visit, thankfully those days were long in the past by the time I got there. But it resulted in salesmen overselling product and sticking the drivers with the task of too much rotating and trying to find space where there was none. Thing is, salesmen were just doing what their bosses and A-B wanted them to do. It was frustrating for everyone. At the time I was there, we had more salesman turnover than driver turnover.

How long you been a snowflake?

How long you been a snowflake?
Apparently you have no idea what a snowflake is.
How does anything I said make me a snowflake? Or, do you just throw around terms you dont understand when you don't agree with a reply?

But, to back up, if you still want to remain ignorant,refresh what's happened in the last few weeks for us.

States back under mask mandates.
Fed jobs must be vaccinated, and it's already moving into the private sector.
Ny requiring proof of vaccination.
Cases still climbing.

Apparently you have no idea what a snowflake is.
How does anything I said make me a snowflake? Or, do you just throw around terms you dont understand when you don't agree with a reply?

But, to back up, if you still want to remain ignorant,refresh what's happened in the last few weeks for us.

States back under mask mandates.
Fed jobs must be vaccinated, and it's already moving into the private sector.
Ny requiring proof of vaccination.
Cases still climbing.
Like I said how long have you been a snowflake? What news channel you watch CNN, NBC, abc, or msnbc? Fear fear fear. Got any real news for us, other than the democrats talking points?