Yellow | How many Driver's will move on now after these $$ cuts ?

Those that say the amount of money YRC owes to the CSPF would not make a difference.You are kidding right? With the right investment strategies and a investment company that doesn't charge outrageous investment fees (unlike Goldman Sachs) The fund could turn that amount of what is owed into billions.Thats where the CSPF went awry.Is when the administrators used a tax bailout investment company (Goldman Sachs) to invest our money.GS got their way above normal fees and invested in more riskier stock (yrcw) without worrying about losing their (GS) money.Goldman Sachs had no dog in the fight.Therefore didn't care if they lost the CSPF money.GS was covered all the way around.
So you are saying if YRC paid all back money due, CSPF would be solvent and support all YRC retirees, all the orphans, and people retired that work for companies still in business ??

So you are saying if YRC paid all back money due, CSPF would be solvent and support all YRC retirees, all the orphans, and people retired that work for companies still in business ??
They wouldn't be solvent but you cant say that yrc not paying for 18 months and paying at 25% for the past 5 years hasnt hurt the fund. Thats over 2.8 billion the fund did not receive.

Goldman Sachs invested CSPF monies into the derivative market. If the daily tally showed a profit, they put the money into their own account. If it was a loss, they charged it against CSPF. That is why there needs to be a congressional investigation. Oops sorry! I forgot that congress set it up in the first place. I think we've been had!

They wouldn't be solvent but you cant say that yrc not paying for 18 months and paying at 25% for the past 5 years hasnt hurt the fund. Thats over 2.8 billion the fund did not receive.
I have never said it has not hurt the fund, but CSPF has been going down hill since 2000, maybe even earlier. The amount of people drawing from closed companies that did not fully pay their share has hurt the fund terribly along with poor financial management.

If you look at yearly gross,cost of insurance, and 401 match, OD and Walmart are probably at the top of the list. Along with being treated with respect.
You will not be treated with respect at Wal-mart..you will be treated like a petty-shoplifter who just hasn't stolen anything yet..they will watch you at every corner waiting for you to slip up and fire you..Go 5 miles out of route,,fired.

You will not be treated with respect at Wal-mart..you will be treated like a petty-shoplifter who just hasn't stolen anything yet..they will watch you at every corner waiting for you to slip up and fire you..Go 5 miles out of route,,fired.
Well, I have 4 friends who work there and have talked to countless others, and just about everything I hear from them is positive. And yes, they have also said they like any other company has its faults, but I hear more good than bad. Just my opinion,

Why would they?.....Many were cut 30%, if they left they would get cut to 50%......As for me, I still have 53 MONTHS to go to 65....KK

Things won't change with the CSPF if they don't change the administrators and how the CSPF uses Iinvestment companies.You can throw all the money at this but real changes need to be made or there won't be a CsPF

And make darn sure you don't get caught with some grease on your wally world shirt!

Well, I have 4 friends who work there and have talked to countless others, and just about everything I hear from them is positive. And yes, they have also said they like any other company has its faults, but I hear more good than bad. Just my opinion,
My buddies brother is a trainer there and talks a lot of positive things about Wally World, but I spent so many years in a sleeper that I just don't think I could go back to that this late in life. It also bothered me when he told me that even though I live just fifteen minutes from a distribution center he said they frown upon you going home when you have your ten hour break there. It is like what difference does it make to them if I am sitting in the truck on their property or run home to my own bed and kitchen and bathroom?

As quick as they went through the six billion from UPS they could make that 2.8 disappear in no time at all.

And this is only the 1st round of $$$ cuts , because it will be just like the pay givebacks, they will keep coming back for more !!! and 30% to 40% of Driver's are talking of moving on , as no reason to stay at the yellow pig period !! :9529:

And this is only the 1st round of $$$ cuts , because it will be just like the pay givebacks, they will keep coming back for more !!! and 30% to 40% of Driver's are talking of moving on , as no reason to stay at the yellow pig period !! :9529:
Maybe you and I could get on with CRST as a team !!!!

My buddies brother is a trainer there and talks a lot of positive things about Wally World, but I spent so many years in a sleeper that I just don't think I could go back to that this late in life. It also bothered me when he told me that even though I live just fifteen minutes from a distribution center he said they frown upon you going home when you have your ten hour break there. It is like what difference does it make to them if I am sitting in the truck on their property or run home to my own bed and kitchen and bathroom?
They are still paying for the guy in New Jersey that killed people in the limo. That driver lived in Georgia or so, but was based in Arkansas. Took all his 34 hr reset driving his car back and forth.

They are still paying for the guy in New Jersey that killed people in the limo. That driver lived in Georgia or so, but was based in Arkansas. Took all his 34 hr reset driving his car back and forth.
I think he was actually working out of Delaware, Kook, and lived in Georgia . I also know Walmart just realigned many of their drivers requiring them to live within 250 miles of their base.

Last edited: