Estes | How Many Hours

DRIVERMAN77077 said:
How Many Hours Are You Guys Working?we Are Working About 50 A Week And Have To Be On Standby For A Linehaul Run Here In Houston Texas
See that is one of the problems never got over 40 per week but now that they pay over 55 hrs we are having to work more hours like it or not. Since they changed the overtime issue they are making people work longer hours on straight time.:duh: I wonder why. Many volunteers for line work so they don't force anyone to run unless they are short due to people calling off

Sounds like your Friday that week you will get off early Bummer your working that many hours be careful you could burn out when your on the road

Hey Night Driver

Are you running 60 hrs. linehaul or p&d? If linehaul, make sure you are taking your breaks, lunch and logging the posted speed limit. This will ensure that you are showing proper hours and may limit your availability for extra work. Sounds technical, but when we run totally legal, nothing can be said and the hours really do add up. We ran into these problems before and if they think 60 hours isn't enough, maybe they ought to improve their package to attract more drivers so we don't have to work more.

Out Late

Ohhhh, out late playing cards YA KNOW!!!!!. Gunna hafta grab a tent and a bag. Anyway, out here at the lake is buuuuuutiful with a slight breeze and a cuppla kini's.

Get Off Early Friday? No Way I Go In At 9:00am And Get Off Around Midnight.have To Call Dispatch At 8:00 Am Sunday To See If I Have To Run Line Haul.they Say My Line Haul Hours Does Not Hurt My Local Driving Hours!

What are they smoking in the office there???? If you get paid for mowing your neighbors' lawn, you are supposed to count those hours... ANYTHING you do while getting paid, has to count against your available hours...anybody who tells you otherwise is either lying, or uninformed.

NIGHTDRIVER said:
Get Off Early Friday? No Way I Go In At 9:00am And Get Off Around Midnight.have To Call Dispatch At 8:00 Am Sunday To See If I Have To Run Line Haul.they Say My Line Haul Hours Does Not Hurt My Local Driving Hours!
Just like Jeff said you better get some info on hours of service regulation. They are very very wrong and you could already be in violation:bgroovy:

if he goes in at nine and gets off at midnight 5 times a week, that's 75 hours. he's already in violation....

You log what you drive ,not time on the crapper , or waiting for your first dispatch. When you draw your first line you have 14 hours . So tell me , how is it I can LEGALLY run 2800 miles and only log 42 to 45 hours for the week . The DOT does not tell me when to eat, the faster I get my run done the sooner I get home. Your line is drawn on the pretrip not when you walk through the gate. P&D is hourly and for that you have a time card. Standby at Estes? Are you a Hub driver or what they now call "flex" Then you are getting paid while you switch or p&d or work the dock like they told you when you hired on. If you are "classified" as a P&D you can only work 60 hours total that includes ALL hours ,clock and logging. I know because I used to be a P&D that would run line haul on the weekends for extra cash.

Professional said:
You must count all hours under the HOS rules.
Yes I understand, but as a road driver I am not required to show a lunch break.But if I am on the clock doing p&d work and go over 12 hours in a day then I have to log and show time for lunch which, I was always told that lunch breaks on the clock would count against my available driving time if I were to do a line haul run . Estes takes an hour out of your time each day automatically if you are a P&D driver. That part sucks but lets face it alot of those guys take more than that anyway.:Rulz:

roadpig said:
Yes I understand, but as a road driver I am not required to show a lunch break.But if I am on the clock doing p&d work and go over 12 hours in a day then I have to log and show time for lunch which, I was always told that lunch breaks on the clock would count against my available driving time if I were to do a line haul run . Estes takes an hour out of your time each day automatically if you are a P&D driver. That part sucks but lets face it alot of those guys take more than that anyway.:Rulz:
If you are called to start at 9pm you must start your log at that time regardless if your load is ready and go on from there. As far as I was told Estes counts your lunch in breaks if taken into your 14hrs for the day some companys lookat this differently. We all are concerned so just find out about the rules for your sake fines are expensive:bgroovy: