XPO | How many is your terminal hiring?

freight is slowing down. We still need 3-4 none the less. Not sure what management is thinking though. Even with the big raise my barn got, we hire two, lose one etc. most of the drivers we are getting aren’t worth what they are paid.

freight is slowing down. We still need 3-4 none the less. Not sure what management is thinking though. Even with the big raise my barn got, we hire two, lose one etc. most of the drivers we are getting aren’t worth what they are paid.
It has slowed down enough for us to get caught up a bit . September is usually a big month . We shall see .

We’re still hiring. Why we are im not sure. Bottom line guys working the dock not enough runs, junior peddle guys doing half a day in the city and then finishing out on the dock to get there hours in if they are lucky. Only thing I can think of is when the snow flakes start coming down and it’s too cold to work the dock the new breeds will start quitting ..

I’m hoping things ease up as far as trying to do more with less a bit and bringing on more freight than the system can handle. I personally think Jacobs tried to manipulate the stock and put extreme pressure on the system in doing so . Maybe just maybe we can be a trucking company at some point.

I understand a bunch of the “country club” / low volume terminals are very slow.
Well here at Bushwood CC it is nice we can now play a full 18 hole everyday instead of the 9 we were only getting. We also can lounge around the pool an fire up the grill to cook our steak and lobster for lunch.
We just have a few problems though...With a full staffed caddyshack we still need walkabout caddies from other course to cover all our golfer load golf bags.
Does any one know how to get rid of gophers???????

The HR person at XCN says they are completely staffed as far as drivers. In fact , HR said they may be overstaffed as far as drivers.

I’m hoping things ease up as far as trying to do more with less a bit and bringing on more freight than the system can handle. I personally think Jacobs tried to manipulate the stock and put extreme pressure on the system in doing so . Maybe just maybe we can be a trucking company at some point.

I personally think that if you knew anything about good operations you'd be running a company, instead of thinking you're special for never getting out of a truck you don't own.

XPO is rife with spoiled snowflakes like you. Handcuffed to the pension, remembering your youth and conflating it with Conway, and being humored by everyone around you.

You're a DSR. Nothing less, nothing more. One that cries a lot.

I personally think that if you knew anything about good operations you'd be running a company, instead of thinking you're special for never getting out of a truck you don't own.

XPO is rife with spoiled snowflakes like you. Handcuffed to the pension, remembering your youth and conflating it with Conway, and being humored by everyone around you.

You're a DSR. Nothing less, nothing more. One that cries a lot.
I love this kind of argument... if you don't run a trucking company, you don't have the right to have an opinion.... because you never bought a truck, you shouldn't have an opinion....you are a "snowflake" if you have an opinion....wanting a pension is bad, growing older and remembering a job that you liked is horrible.... apparently everybody that posts on these boards thinks they are "special" because they have an opinion......

I love this kind of argument... if you don't run a trucking company, you don't have the right to have an opinion.... because you never bought a truck, you shouldn't have an opinion....you are a "snowflake" if you have an opinion....wanting a pension is bad, growing older and remembering a job that you liked is horrible.... apparently everybody that posts on these boards thinks they are "special" because they have an opinion......
I know I'm special, I have two things we all have on TB. An opinion is one of the things!

I know I'm special, I have two things we all have on TB. An opinion is one of the things!
Part 2 Just joking. If you can't be handcuffed to a pension you should be happy to get 4% from the company into a 401k? You do do see that present national leadership is trying to bury everyone in this country to the point of being obligated to the wonderful gvt for whatever crumbs they might throw your way. And apparently don't be the wrong skin color or no crumbs are coming your way. We used to take these jobs with an eye to the future. Now that's a bad thing?

You missed the point ABF. You have a nostalgic , throwback , picture and name.

You need a cool video game avatar and handle like Raven.Six.
A few suggestions:

BodyBlow

artworks-000378825582-vnpr81-t500x500.md.jpg

KillShot

unnamed.md.png

JumpKick

joe-lewis-1066x550.md.jpg

With one of these up-to-date names and profile pics , you'll finally have the credibility you need to reach the youth and be more than just a driver.