Yellow | How much business will we lose?

I guess Local 710 HW&P is lying to me when my monthly pension check is drawn on the Teamsters Local 710 PENSION FUND account.
I guess you are never going to get it. Pension funds are completely independent organizations.
Look at your contract book. Employers pay into the fund not to the union. Local 710, like every other union, does not want to be the pension fund. By law, pension funds are underfunded. If a fund has more assets than liability, it loses its non-profit status. If the fund is part of the union, the union, 710, assumes that liability. If the fund were to be unable to pay benefits, the union would, 710, would have to use members' dues money to pay those benefits. Your union does not want to be a pension fund.
If I were wrong, ABF381 and SOR would be all over this conversation.

You might want to revisit your facts.

Roadway stock was trading at 30.00 until News broke of what they were calling a “merge” of both companies Roadway stock then shot up to $46 and change Yellow paid $48
And Zollors BORROWED every penny to purchase Roadway Corporation. Then doubled down on STUPID and borrowed every penny to purchase the USF Group.

I'm wondering how much business this company is going to lose through this merger I work in SLC and just got told by one of the customers that they're not going to use us anymore because we're so far behind. They didn't plan very well for this merger. The only people that are really suffering are the customers.
After OOP 2 and OOP 3.. Reddaway and Holland, bill count is down 22%… the embargo was the nail in the coffin… that freight never came back.
Company wants to be at 70k shipments a day( that is for all 4 operating companies) to sustain the revenue to feed the machine, currently picking up 49k to 55k a day ( again, all 4 companies)… Even end of month are not even that much higher….
Once this goes through, and it will, there will not be enough utility drivers to pull and process the freight..: gridlocks will blow up again and bill count will plummet further… lack of UE’s will be the death blow to this change.. Yellow has no choice but to do this…. Their network is antiquated and if they don’t modernize to a super regional… with some flexibility, they will not survive. It really is a last ditch effort to close the chapter on their fiscal health in the years to come… think about it as going “all in” in a poker game. That is what they are doing. No more Cares Act loans to save the company again.

How about doing what Holland did prior to 2005..... before yeller screwed up the system.

Let's go back to kick and pick..... yeller implemented this velocity bs.... whether yeller wants to admit it or not.... velocity is not something Holland did.

Load average wasn't a factor either..... if the trailer was full or not it shipped.

The idea was to move the freight to service the customer..... next day.

How about doing what Holland did prior to 2005..... before yeller screwed up the system.

Let's go back to kick and pick..... yeller implemented this velocity bs.... whether yeller wants to admit it or not.... velocity is not something Holland did.

Load average wasn't a factor either..... if the trailer was full or not it shipped.

This is how you become a super regional carrier.

Do you hear us big brass????

That’s how you run a regional
Carrier.. not a coast to coast super regional.
I will say that is your opinion and I respect that.... but I do not agree.... next day freight has to move.

Holland was the premier next day freight company.... I would say.... Dayton freight has taken over in the mid west.

No one owning Roadway shares was forced to sell. Just because someone offers me a terrific price for my home doesn't mean I'm going to sell it. Your animosity toward Yellow is better directed at the shareholders of Roadway and USF for selling out.
Well pur trip, it's called business

I will say that is your opinion and I respect that.... but I do not agree.... next day freight has to move.

Holland was the premier next day freight company.... I would say.... Dayton freight has taken over in the mid west.
I respect that. A regional is a little different that a super-regional. Mileage, timing, cut times… all have to be in-synch for the freight to flow 3000 miles.. when a regional carrier (next day) only has to go 100-400 miles a night, you could kick and pick… stuff gets much more difficult when timing 1000-3000 mile commitments.

I respect that. A regional is a little different that a super-regional. Mileage, timing, cut times… all have to be in-synch for the freight to flow 3000 miles.. when a regional carrier (next day) only has to go 100-400 miles a night, you could kick and pick… stuff gets much more difficult when timing 1000-3000 mile commitments.
Our limits due to yeller is 620 miles .... just because they won't turn our trucks up.... not even to yrc's standards.

It's as if they want us... Holland to struggle.

But the theory behind regional next day freight is to move the freight.... doesn't matter how much there is.

Mr Stimpy I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but understand the battle plan is in place and this is our D-Day. We either take the beach or die trying there is no turning back now

Our limits due to yeller is 620 miles .... just because they won't turn our trucks up.... not even to yrc's standards.

It's as if they want us... Holland to struggle.

But the theory behind regional next day freight is to move the freight.... doesn't matter how much there is.
YRC standards are 62mph for L/H and 58 mph for city units, what are Hollands set at?

Mr Stimpy I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but understand the battle plan is in place and this is our D-Day. We either take the beach or die trying there is no turning back now
The battle plan you speak of is less like D-Day and more like Pickett's charge at Gettysburg. Yellow has no profits or real cash on hand. Yellow operates on cash flow. A strike that disrupts that flow of cash will force them into bankruptcy. A contract that Yellow cannot afford also puts Yellow into bankruptcy.
The union will negotiate a contract that keeps Yellow in business and dues flowing into the union treasury. All Yellow employees are stuck in the middle.

The battle plan you speak of is less like D-Day and more like Pickett's charge at Gettysburg. Yellow has no profits or real cash on hand. Yellow operates on cash flow. A strike that disrupts that flow of cash will force them into bankruptcy. A contract that Yellow cannot afford also puts Yellow into bankruptcy.
The union will negotiate a contract that keeps Yellow in business and dues flowing into the union treasury. All Yellow employees are stuck in the middle.