TForce | How much pay cut would you be willing to take if linehaul was mostly during the daytime?

What i'm saying is IF linehaul was daytime or mostly daytime. i believe the improved conditions would warrant a paycut realistically speaking.

i'm not VOLUNTEERING a paycut, what i'm saying is that IF linehaul was to move to daytime, then realistically, the pay would probably go down.

How much would you be willing to give up...........
What improved conditions are you speaking of? The increased traffic over nights, or the longer time you have to sit in traffic backups or the greater chances of being DOT inspected. I"ll take night time linehaul over daytime anytime.

I must admit you may have suffered a little discomfort, but nothing like a summer we had in Charl one year.
I was cultivating 20 acres of popcorn with my favorite mule Big Dave (no relation to our Big Dave), when the temp got so hot, the popcorn started popping on the stalk.
Big Dave thought it was snowing, laid down, and froze to death.
Now that Sidewinder was a hot summer!
That is truly a hot summer. Summers here in Arkansas are pretty miserable as well. Good thing I have Bertha and Puddin’ for shade.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Daytime, honestly, should make more. We’re not paid by the hour and it cannot be faster. More traffic. Law enforcement more understanding at night. And I’ll take lights on for everyone in inclement weather. Fog, heavy rain, white outs. I’m in the hammer lane utilizing the “frontal radar” technology just in case. Running US 30 will test your metal given the frequency of wrong way drivers. I would take a low mileage, daytime if we had one though. Wouldn’t want the 550, three hooker I have.

Daytime, honestly, should make more. We’re not paid by the hour and it cannot be faster. More traffic. Law enforcement more understanding at night. And I’ll take lights on for everyone in inclement weather. Fog, heavy rain, white outs. I’m in the hammer lane utilizing the “frontal radar” technology just in case. Running US 30 will test your metal given the frequency of wrong way drivers. I would take a low mileage, daytime if we had one though. Wouldn’t want the 550, three hooker I have.
All those stoplights on 30 Too. I'm amazed at all the people that run the red lights after their dead red.

What i'm saying is IF linehaul was daytime or mostly daytime. i believe the improved conditions would warrant a paycut realistically speaking.

i'm not VOLUNTEERING a paycut, what i'm saying is that IF linehaul was to move to daytime, then realistically, the pay would probably go down.

How much would you be willing to give up...........
Nothing.

What improved conditions are you speaking of? The increased traffic over nights, or the longer time you have to sit in traffic backups or the greater chances of being DOT inspected. I"ll take night time linehaul over daytime anytime.

Well, like not screwing up your health would be the biggest one, and i think a .10cpm, $4 per hour paycut is reasonable just for that reason alone. The increased traffic, and really between the hours of 10a and 3:30p it's really not bad, increased chances of DOT inspection, again probably a 50% chance greater IF you pass scales, is part of the trade off. Completely worth it in my opinion.

On a 500 mile run, that's "giving up" around $60 per day, $300 a week gross. Not something to be taken lightly, but worth it in my opinion. You may have to give up the new 4 door crewcab LTZ and drive a 60s/70's/80's/90s/2000s truck for a while until your financial situation improves.......but to not wreck your health, worth it.

Well, like not screwing up your health would be the biggest one, and i think a .10cpm, $4 per hour paycut is reasonable just for that reason alone. The increased traffic, and really between the hours of 10a and 3:30p it's really not bad, increased chances of DOT inspection, again probably a 50% chance greater IF you pass scales, is part of the trade off. Completely worth it in my opinion.

On a 500 mile run, that's "giving up" around $60 per day, $300 a week gross. Not something to be taken lightly, but worth it in my opinion. You may have to give up the new 4 door crewcab LTZ and drive a 60s/70's/80's/90s/2000s truck for a while until your financial situation improves.......but to not wreck your health, worth it.
So you would pay T-force 15 grand to work days?

You should print these words out, and post it at work, and include your thoughts from the T-Force thread. I’m sure you will get some good quality responses from your co-workers…