Yellow | How should I vote!!!

mnfr

TB Lurker
Credits
I find it quite ironic here in Milwaukee, that the same Teamster Brothers, "working 60hrs a week" Keeping me on layoff,are now asking me to vote "yes" to save their jobs!!! I find that ironic. Where were they when I needed help......oh working their 60 hours!!!!!!

I find it quite ironic here in Milwaukee, that the same Teamster Brothers, "working 60hrs a week" Keeping me on layoff,are now asking me to vote "yes" to save their jobs!!! I find that ironic. Where were they when I needed help......oh working their 60 hours!!!!!!
Dude I know your pain. I doubt it will happen but it may be posible all the Measters karma will end up getting us all. Damn sure serve them right but sad for us all. :shrug:

I think each person needs to look at their skill set and their re-employability, as well as the chance a giveback would work. In my self examination I know as a CDL holder with a good work record and fairly clean driving record, I am employable. Then considering that no past giveback every worked, I would rather just vote no and start looking for a job. If on the other hand I was in Management or worked on the dock with no CDL or any other skills I would vote yes hoping I could at least hold off the inevitable.

I think each person needs to look at their skill set and their re-employability, as well as the chance a giveback would work. In my self examination I know as a CDL holder with a good work record and fairly clean driving record, I am employable. Then considering that no past giveback every worked, I would rather just vote no and start looking for a job. If on the other hand I was in Management or worked on the dock with no CDL or any other skills I would vote yes hoping I could at least hold off the inevitable.

All good points lot to think about in the next few weeks.

The problem is cujo where are you going to find a decent paying driving job in this economic windfall.Even the good paying non-union freight companies are laying off.I would say think about it long and hard and base your vote on that.

The problem is cujo where are you going to find a decent paying driving job in this economic windfall.Even the good paying non-union freight companies are laying off.I would say think about it long and hard and base your vote on that.

I've found some jewels however they want a perfect DR. Mine will be that way in 5-09. Also if YRC goes down the freight still needs hauled, it doesn't go away.

Seniority is seniority its why you pay dues.

Someone has to move the Freight but non union does'nt like to hire ex teamsters.Plus they have a lot of people to take up what we lost in a YRC shut down.Im all for fighting the company .I mean this guys really screwed up ,but this is not the time this could be like the 30s . Its getting really bad out there and we ship all our jobs overseas for the passed 20 years.

go to 'my' thread 'forced over time'

Go to my thread 'forced overtime' Brother...I am laid off road driver,,,working dock,,,now,,,had to bump someone else from thier dock bid!!! Go there now,,,most ricky tick,,,don't delay!!!

No second generation teamster and have always paid my dues .My older brother is also teamster for 20 years, also feels the sameway .My dad retired 30 years also feels the same way .This is not like other times this whole coutry is in trouble wake up.

You are being manipulated again!!! Wake up!!!

I am third generation union. The games don't scare me. I always plan on the worst. Anything better is an improvement.

Voting NO here. If things fall through, going back to O/O, myself. I won't go to work for a non-union LTL that was rooting for YRC's downfall. Teamster here; always will be. Unlike measters, I hold up my end of an oath to my IBT brothers and sisters.

I too will be voting NO as well, they screwed us on the last contract, and have already screwed us on this one that they are re-nigging on ..... why give them anything, it wasnt us teamsters that told them to go spend the money so that they could grow so fast, and then spend over 20 Billion in China to aquire some outfit in that country.....

If it closes.....then it closes.... I will move on to the next job to help organize and get the cards signed at the next job..what are you guys afraid of....stand your ground! GROW SOME BALLS!!!! :1036316054:

in the first place china deal was closer to 50 million. as for ranger309 i wish him well--awful lot of trucks parked out there. all this came upon us suddenly and there are a lot of folks out there not prepared. i myself have a perfect record and would hope to find something. but there are brothers&sisters out there who do not even have a cdl. where's a 50+ nonqualified dock going to find something? if you feel that strongly then vote yes and walk away if you think it's going south. but maybe just maybe it will work. and at least it will buy these folks some time. part of our oath is to do no harm

China will do just fine that is one cash rich country . The china deal will pay our wages in future .They already make everything and hold all the US debt .

I too will be voting NO as well, they screwed us on the last contract, and have already screwed us on this one that they are re-nigging on ..... why give them anything, it wasnt us teamsters that told them to go spend the money so that they could grow so fast, and then spend over 20 Billion in China to aquire some outfit in that country.....

If it closes.....then it closes.... I will move on to the next job to help organize and get the cards signed at the next job..what are you guys afraid of....stand your ground! GROW SOME BALLS!!!! :1036316054:

Amen to that! If the "suits" won't give up anything, why should we trust them ? This is a raw deal if I ever saw one.

in the first place china deal was closer to 50 million. as for ranger309 i wish him well--awful lot of trucks parked out there. all this came upon us suddenly and there are a lot of folks out there not prepared. i myself have a perfect record and would hope to find something. but there are brothers&sisters out there who do not even have a cdl. where's a 50+ nonqualified dock going to find something? if you feel that strongly then vote yes and walk away if you think it's going south. but maybe just maybe it will work. and at least it will buy these folks some time. part of our oath is to do no harm

My one vote isn't going to cinch the deal so the idea of yours that I am harming my fellow Teamster brothers and sisters is your own opinion, not a fact. I have thought about this vote long and hard, BTW.

Get real will you.
Go to your union hall on next Sunday......Listen to the proposal they have worked on for concessions....think about it and vote on what you believe will be the best thing. Its just that simple! Its not about what everyone with some seniority is doing at the moment. Its about wether you want to authorize a proposal that you currently have no information on or wether you dont. Just go....listen and do what you think will be best for you and the company!!