Holland | How Slow is it at your barn?

pollie93

TB Lurker
Credits
Hubby barn is very slow.. 150 bills a night. He goes in at 10am and is home by 7pm

Heard they are laying 8 off on Friday

Seems ok in JO

Volume of freight is down, but bills don't seem too bad (smaller shipments). I'm guessing about 2000 bills a day total. More coming from outbound than inbound.

Hubby barn is very slow.. 150 bills a night. He goes in at 10am and is home by 7pm

It's very slow in Midwest, but we use a quote when Agriculture slows down and farmers aren't spending money and not buying it doesn't look good but seem there in a spending mode or trying to stay away from taxes.In DS its a struggle to have 200 bills a night. We use to run 750-800 a night till 2 Change operations lost2/3 of the freight to OM-OW-RI

It's very slow in Midwest, but we use a quote when Agriculture slows down and farmers aren't spending money and not buying it doesn't look good but seem there in a spending mode or trying to stay away from taxes.In DS its a struggle to have 200 bills a night. We use to run 750-800 a night till 2 Change operations lost2/3 of the freight to OM-OW-RI

It wont get any better on the city side if they get this abolish the UE goes through.

Explain why, is there something that you know,? if there is,
please share.

GBA:USA:

I think he's referring to the last page of the proposal?

The part about the elimination of the UE will result in an adjustment of manpower (layoff) between the road and the city. Then it goes on to mention only the city, when talking about no more local cartage layoff's due to the reversal of the UE position after the one's coming from this agreement letter of understanding. Thats the way I took what he said anyway.

I have writers cramp and I can't write!!!

I think he's referring to the last page of the proposal?

The part about the elimination of the UE will result in an adjustment of manpower (layoff) between the road and the city. Then it goes on to mention only the city, when talking about no more local cartage layoff's due to the reversal of the UE position after the one's coming from this agreement letter of understanding. Thats the way I took what he said anyway.

Does Hooddock have laryngitis or better yet writers cramp? my question was aimed at him. And I would still like to hear from him, that is, if it's all right with you BH.? Thank you.

Does Hooddock have laryngitis or better yet writers cramp?
I hope not, I'd say he's probably just not on-line all the time like us.

my question was aimed at him.
Well, being that this is a public forum and I and most everybody else understood what he was referring to, I just put my two cents in about what you asked, trying to get you up to speed. I'm sure when he reads what you asked he will answer you too. Anybody can respond to any post in this public forum that wants to. Anybody includes me, sorry to tell you that.

And I would still like to hear from him, that is, if it's all right with you BH.?.
If anybody likes to talk to you, thats their own problem, I'm not a doctor, theres nothing I can do to help them. Like I said, its a public forum, anybody can put in their opinions here, even you.

Maybe next time, just try asking someone something by name, say it clearly to just the person or do it in a PM. If you don't want everybody (including me) to answer a question you're asking publicly, then make it clear to us (including me). I'm very sorry if I offended you with my response, it won't ever, ever happen again Mr. Lumpersam, sir. :hide:

Explain why, is there something that you know,? if there is,
please share.

The last page of the proposal worries me the most.Ijust dont like the way its worded.Then again thats just my thoughts ,but I dont see it getting any better on the city side if this goes through as proposed.

chicago bill count

We have been averaging around 700 to 850 a nignt on out bound,and you could be right about 8 more this friday overheard a steward talking and the number 8 was brought up and Friday as well could not mean much but when asked his reply was I have not heard anything and they don't tell us anything but he was in a meeting with the TM Tuesday.

In the conference yesterday either we accept this change or we will get stuck with the one that was proposed at BRANSON! Per Tyson . It's just a 180 degree flip from the 1st change.

It wont get any better on the city side if they get this abolish the UE goes through.

It's amazing! Now that they are talking city layoffs we should worry. I hope you were that concerned when highway drivers were being layed off all around the system due to the creation of the UE. How does the shoe feel on the other foot? :hide::hysterical: I know.....I'm an a-hole.....but hell, I already knew that, but it IS funny that city guys at our barn didn't give two shi*s when highway guys were getting layed off.

Indy is doing 1800 - 2000 bills per night. 140 - 160 outbound loads. The layoffs will continue until the 60 plus hours per week and the 3600 - 3800 miles per week stops. Where is the brotherhood?

Indy is doing 1800 - 2000 bills per night. 140 - 160 outbound loads. The layoffs will continue until the 60 plus hours per week and the 3600 - 3800 miles per week stops. Where is the brotherhood?

You left the brotherhood when you left the military, you will never see it again outside of the military. they all carry knifes out here. they use them differently than how :Duel:we were tought...I hate to say that! but i speak the truth.

Indy is doing 1800 - 2000 bills per night. 140 - 160 outbound loads. [YT][/YT]The layoffs will continue until the 60 plus hours per week and the 3600 - 3800 miles per week stops. Where is the brotherhood?
The "hog boards" will never end! Not up here anyway. The hogs don't care if there are guys laid off.:chairshot:

It's amazing! Now that they are talking city layoffs we should worry. I hope you were that concerned when highway drivers were being layed off all around the system due to the creation of the UE. How does the shoe feel on the other foot? :hide::hysterical: I know.....I'm an a-hole.....but hell, I already knew that, but it IS funny that city guys at our barn didn't give two shi*s when highway guys were getting layed off.
The sad part is thats the attitude I see from road drivers now. They have a chip on thier shoulder, and want to stick it to the city guy as some kind of retribution? The problem is, YOU (as a whole) VOTED THIS IN! You knew the UE position was going to be city! A blind man could have seen what was going to happen. Got news for ya, it's going to be hard to overturn the contract that was voted on and ratified. Letters of understanding don't mean crap when it comes down to the nitty gritty. The botom line is the contract will prevail. Word is they already cancelled the cancellation of the UE. Everything is the same as it has been. A meeting is scheduled for early next month to discuss the matter.

it's amazing! Now that they are talking city layoffs we should worry. I hope you were that concerned when highway drivers were being layed off all around the system due to the creation of the ue. How does the shoe feel on the other foot? :hide::hysterical: I know.....i'm an a-hole.....but hell, i already knew that, but it is funny that city guys at our barn didn't give two shi*s when highway guys were getting layed off.

and they probably still dont.i wouldnt be putting that shoe on the other foot just yet.