Holland | How Slow is it at your barn?

It's amazing! Now that they are talking city layoffs we should worry. I hope you were that concerned when highway drivers were being layed off all around the system due to the creation of the UE. How does the shoe feel on the other foot? :hide::hysterical: I know.....I'm an a-hole.....but hell, I already knew that, but it IS funny that city guys at our barn didn't give two shi*s when highway guys were getting layed off.

10-4 on the *-****!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, if the name calling, mean-spirited posts and other rule violations don't stop, I'll stop it for you. This is a thread titled "How Slow is it at your barn?" Please get back on topic or I'll have to close this thread. This is the only verbal warning you'll get from here on out.

Those are exactly accurate figures.
And I don't think we need to be discussing such fine detail in this public forum.

What is so top secret about the numbers? We are a publicly traded Company. I did not list customers or any other information that would help a competitor steal our business. YRC can Pi** away all of our business without our help.

. YRC can Pi** away all of our business without our help.
Boy you got that right.

I don't think individual terminal bill counts are public knowledge but I certainly could be wrong.
I don't know how important this information would be to another company but going from your username you have some military background and have been trained that seemingly innocuous information can be very valuable to "others".

What is so top secret about the numbers? We are a publicly traded Company. I did not list customers or any other information that would help a competitor steal our business. YRC can Pi** away all of our business without our help.
For what it's worth, Jarhead, I agree with BP. I just don't think that there is anything to gain by using our accurate numbers. The numbers could only be used as a tool against certain terminals by the competition. Just my opinion.:1036316054:

Between 1500-1700 bills on outbound shift,we actually worked a guy back on last week.Until this election is over and this economy mess is sorted out it's gonna be slow.

It's amazing! Now that they are talking city layoffs we should worry. I hope you were that concerned when highway drivers were being layed off all around the system due to the creation of the UE. How does the shoe feel on the other foot? :hide::hysterical: I know.....I'm an a-hole.....but hell, I already knew that, but it IS funny that city guys at our barn didn't give two shi*s when highway guys were getting layed off.

I will correct you , The city guys didn't give a sh*t till the hiway guy's started bumping into the city!!!!

The sad part is thats the attitude I see from road drivers now. They have a chip on thier shoulder, and want to stick it to the city guy as some kind of retribution? The problem is, YOU (as a whole) VOTED THIS IN! You knew the UE position was going to be city! A blind man could have seen what was going to happen. Got news for ya, it's going to be hard to overturn the contract that was voted on and ratified. Letters of understanding don't mean crap when it comes down to the nitty gritty. The botom line is the contract will prevail. Word is they already cancelled the cancellation of the UE. Everything is the same as it has been. A meeting is scheduled for early next month to discuss the matter.
Doogie, you reeled in the first fish!

Ladies and Gentlemen, if the name calling, mean-spirited posts and other rule violations don't stop, I'll stop it for you. This is a thread titled "How Slow is it at your barn?" Please get back on topic or I'll have to close this thread. This is the only verbal warning you'll get from here on out.
Da*n doogie, you got the biggest fish in the pond (in his mind anyway). My congratulations to you! Benny, SHUT UP AND LISTEN FOR A CHANGE, YOU CAN DELETE US BUT WE WILL NEVER GO AWAY!

and they probably still dont.i wouldnt be putting that shoe on the other foot just yet.

I don't want the shoe to be on either foot. I would like to see everyone back to work, I was hoping to retire from this once fine company, but we all know the outlook on that. That is a whole different thread. I was just amazed that how quickly city men are now looking for sympathy now, when a month ago, they had the "oh, well" attitude. It is slow everywhere in our system, and I don't think anyone has access to all the numbers to establish which lay-offs are to be credited to the UE and which are because of the worlds economy going into the crapper, and of course let's not forget the ones due to the fact that YRC corporate sales tie our salespeoples hands behind their back when it comes to competitive pricing and changes or service standards and next day lanes. We have places that were next day before that are now two day, but drivers still run the lane as if it was next day, then the freight sits in the yard because it is "tomorrows freight". All I know is that every night I pull out on my bid run with hardly anything in the trailer that is for the destination terminal and alot of other drivers in our barn are the same way. I won't talk bill count because specifics don't matter, all that matters is that we are all seeing far less freight these days.

Between 1500-1700 bills on outbound shift,we actually worked a guy back on last week.Until this election is over and this economy mess is sorted out it's gonna be slow.
Assbag ya'll are kicking our tails in ME. Were doing about 800 outbound 600 inbound. Down 20% from last year. Nobody laid off yet. We seem to be working smarter and faster. OT is at about 10-15%. Probably the leading factor at our barn. GRIZZ

Assbag ya'll are kicking our tails in ME. Were doing about 800 outbound 600 inbound. Down 20% from last year. Nobody laid off yet. We seem to be working smarter and faster. OT is at about 10-15%. Probably the leading factor at our barn. GRIZZ

Not at our barn, they just lay people off and if the weekly OT goes over enough to bring somebody back, then they bring them back. A week later they lay them and whoever else they want to, back off. It doesn't matter what our production numbers are here, they do it anyway?

For what it's worth, Jarhead, I agree with BP. I just don't think that there is anything to gain by using our accurate numbers. The numbers could only be used as a tool against certain terminals by the competition. Just my opinion.:1036316054:

I am not trying to help the competition. I just did not see the harm in what I wrote. My main point was to say that the numbers are not down and the layoffs are up.

The sad part is thats the attitude I see from road drivers now. They have a chip on thier shoulder, and want to stick it to the city guy as some kind of retribution? The problem is, YOU (as a whole) VOTED THIS IN! You knew the UE position was going to be city! A blind man could have seen what was going to happen. Got news for ya, it's going to be hard to overturn the contract that was voted on and ratified. Letters of understanding don't mean crap when it comes down to the nitty gritty. The botom line is the contract will prevail. Word is they already cancelled the cancellation of the UE. Everything is the same as it has been. A meeting is scheduled for early next month to discuss the matter.

Dude, how long have you been with Holland? The contract has meant little or nothing here for a long time. It seldom prevails. Remember the whole layover debacle? People should have involved the NLRB. The work rules here are basically a "letter of understanding" Dispatch procedure is basically a "letter of understanding". We will be able to do nothing but abide by it if this "letter of understanding" passes. Tyson Johnson will enforce it just like he did on the layover issue. I know the locals are a little stronger in the Chicago area, but your guys aren't even negotiating the contract anymore. That should tell you loud and clear what is going to go down with all this. We have to have Union officials who understand how Holland has operated to get some real representation on this stuff and we don't have that.

I don't want the shoe to be on either foot. I would like to see everyone back to work, I was hoping to retire from this once fine company, but we all know the outlook on that. That is a whole different thread. I was just amazed that how quickly city men are now looking for sympathy now, when a month ago, they had the "oh, well" attitude. It is slow everywhere in our system, and I don't think anyone has access to all the numbers to establish which lay-offs are to be credited to the UE and which are because of the worlds economy going into the crapper, and of course let's not forget the ones due to the fact that YRC corporate sales tie our salespeoples hands behind their back when it comes to competitive pricing and changes or service standards and next day lanes. We have places that were next day before that are now two day, but drivers still run the lane as if it was next day, then the freight sits in the yard because it is "tomorrows freight". All I know is that every night I pull out on my bid run with hardly anything in the trailer that is for the destination terminal and alot of other drivers in our barn are the same way. I won't talk bill count because specifics don't matter, all that matters is that we are all seeing far less freight these days.

Well let me give you my view...as for city not caring for what road does is a joke. What road did was vote yes for a contract with UE then we were not given a choice of having it in our local (179) contract or not. We were told it was not a choice. Were you ever made to eat a brownie with nuts even though you hated nuts or were allergic to nuts? Kinda how we felt when we were given a contract that was partialy passed already. I agree with one thing, local or national, the union is not representing us the way they should and I hate to bring up the same 'ol point...how does the six man board stay in place with our parent companies deciding our fate. How can we ever win anything of substance. This is illegal in my eyes and nobody does a thing. You can say they are seperate entities all you want, it all goes into the same bank account. I'm getting sick thinking about it.Let's all hang in there guys. Maybe when the economy picks up we can be back to normal or at least not sh*ting our pants.:hide:

Economy picking up?

Well let me give you my view...as for city not caring for what road does is a joke. What road did was vote yes for a contract with UE then we were not given a choice of having it in our local (179) contract or not. We were told it was not a choice. Were you ever made to eat a brownie with nuts even though you hated nuts or were allergic to nuts? Kinda how we felt when we were given a contract that was partialy passed already. I agree with one thing, local or national, the union is not representing us the way they should and I hate to bring up the same 'ol point...how does the six man board stay in place with our parent companies deciding our fate. How can we ever win anything of substance. This is illegal in my eyes and nobody does a thing. You can say they are seperate entities all you want, it all goes into the same bank account. I'm getting sick thinking about it.Let's all hang in there guys. Maybe when the economy picks up we can be back to normal or at least not sh*ting our pants.:hide:

joloco, keep on fantasizing and load up on laundry detergent:hysterical:

GBA:USA:

I was justed thumbing through and came upon your post. I thought this was a forum to say how you feel about things isn't it? If there is tension between road or city why can't we voice it? It seems like the only person that can't handle it is you. If I am wrong I would love to here from whomever feels that way. I think these guys are venting and I think it is good they have this forum to do it. How else could one road or one city guy send his message to so many. My opinion if worth anything is quit playing tough cop...some of us not near the top of the board are going through some harder times. Let us vent. Thanks.