Yellow | Husband having a hard time finding a job

My husband lost his job with YRC and he is having a hard time getting hired in the freight industry (he has a class A). Employers are interested, but then he gets ghosted. He does have WC injuries - do employers discriminate on that? Also, he is older (late 50's). We wish we knew what the problem is. He even had one job offer, then it was rescinded minutes later. We live in CA - I read somewhere if a job is offered an employer can look up your WC record. Anyway, it's been tough for us as a family. I feel for all the families affected by this. He is a hard worker, and for 31 years hurt his body giving everything to Roadway and YRC. Then to give up his pension contributions and a pay cut only to be discarded hurts - not just for him but all of us. He is a year away from his pension retirement. I work part time, but not enough to support our family and unemployment is only 450 a week. Thank you for any ideas or recommendations, we would appreciate them!
Did he find a job?

Wow.
Listen to this deal.
$28/hour.

...but there's a catch.

$220/week for husband and wife(more for kids)...plus $7000 deductable (more for kids).
That's insurance.

I hope Mr O'Brien is not expecting a big round of applause.
I think he's in Black Rocks back pocket.

Not sure how it works but sounds like if you need more than $7000 for healthcare....its gonna cost close to $20,000/ year?
Is that how it works?
I think covers 90% then.
So.....if ya get $100,000 medical bill......you owe what? $10,000 on top of the $20,000 insurance cost?

Wow nice racket

Last edited:
Own your own truck. $1.36 a mile. How can you go wrong! Free trailers too.
IMG_9409.md.jpeg
Big R, here's how you can go wrong. If you are the owner-operator paying your own fuel, your own insurance, your own capital depreciation, your own repairs, your own benefits (including the employer portion of Social Security and Medicare), $1.36/mile is chicken feed money. $2.25/mile? Now we have something to discuss.

Big R, here's how you can go wrong. If you are the owner-operator paying your own fuel, your own insurance, your own capital depreciation, your own repairs, your own benefits (including the employer portion of Social Security and Medicare), $1.36/mile is chicken feed money. $2.25/mile? Now we have something to discuss.
I'd never accept $2.25 per mile, look at all those taxes they'd expect me to pay.
BTW, have you priced chicken feed lately
You'd only get 9 eggs for a dozen at $1.36.
I think I'll go right out and price myself a new truck with a lot of chicken lights and huge mirrors. :6799: :lmao:

Hey Wayne. That was a haha. You need to stop by more often. $1.36 a mile for tractor only revenue is from like 30 years ago.

Wow.
Listen to this deal.
$28/hour.

...but there's a catch.

$220/week for husband and wife(more for kids)...plus $7000 deductable (more for kids).
That's insurance.

I hope Mr O'Brien is not expecting a big round of applause.
I think he's in Black Rocks back pocket.

Not sure how it works but sounds like if you need more than $7000 for healthcare....its gonna cost close to $20,000/ year?
Is that how it works?
I think covers 90% then.
So.....if ya get $100,000 medical bill......you owe what? $10,000 on top of the $20,000 insurance cost?

Wow nice racket
Which company are you talking about?