I-20 Atlanta,GA,ramp being investigated because it is a truck crash magnet.

It's not the ramp that's dangerous, just the "gotta get 'er done" truck drivers as they have and will continue to display their utter disregard for SAFETY, of their own as well of the motoring public.
Since there is a growing number of incompetent truck drivers (thick, incompetent, "not my fault"), I'll figure ALL states shall look into such "remedies".

In Greensboro NC, we have a exit ramp from I-73E to I-85N with a clearly posted speed limit of 25 mph. There have been a few trucks rolling over down the steep embankment. I'll figure it must be the (bad) design and not the fault of the truck drivers, yeah, sure, uh huh, okay, right.

To speed on ramps is often a great way to succeed in arriving to the final stop.

It's not the ramp that's dangerous, just the "gotta get 'er done" truck drivers as they have and will continue to display their utter disregard for SAFETY, of their own as well of the motoring public.
Since there is a growing number of incompetent truck drivers (thick, incompetent, "not my fault"), I'll figure ALL states shall look into such "remedies".

In Greensboro NC, we have a exit ramp from I-73E to I-85N with a clearly posted speed limit of 25 mph. There have been a few trucks rolling over down the steep embankment. I'll figure it must be the (bad) design and not the fault of the truck drivers, yeah, sure, uh huh, okay, right.

To speed on ramps is often a great way to succeed in arriving to the final stop.

While I can't comment about the ramp in the article, there is a notorious ramp in New Jersey commonly referred to as "tanker turn" because of all the TT's that have flipped in past years. This particular ramp which leads from the northbound NJ Turnpike to the local lanes of I-80 west is a horrible design. It's what is called a "decreasing radius curve", a most dangerous design. It starts out with a fairly gradual curve and then abruptly the curvature tightens about 2/3's of the way through. The PE who signed off on this design should lose his license in my opinion.

Noted, Thank You.
Yes, I have traveled some ramps in states that having traveled, I prefer to avoid.
Some states are easily avoided, some not so easily, some not at all.

Thank You Triplex!!

While I can't comment about the ramp in the article, there is a notorious ramp in New Jersey commonly referred to as "tanker turn" because of all the TT's that have flipped in past years. This particular ramp which leads from the northbound NJ Turnpike to the local lanes of I-80 west is a horrible design. It's what is called a "decreasing radius curve", a most dangerous design. It starts out with a fairly gradual curve and then abruptly the curvature tightens about 2/3's of the way through. The PE who signed off on this design should lose his license in my opinion.
We havr one in Milwaukee that is the same thing. It is down the road from all the oil company's tank farms. They finally posted the road leading to it forcing trucks to use a longer route to a safer ramp.

Last edited:
We just had a rollover in my area,when the gal driver was charged with 55 in a 35 on a hair pin 45% corner.
She was was out of New Jersey,hauling a container of paper & was within a 1/4 mile of her destination.
Well the contents was reloaded on a Semi van & delivered,I don't know what happened to her?