I/B dock police

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by vetran peddleman, Dec 8, 2018 at 8:17 PM.

1. vetran peddleman

vetran peddleman FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Just wanted to find and get your 2 cents about an event that I experienced on our inbound dock this past week. My I/b super came up to me while I was in the process of stripping an I/b load with a clip board in hand and said to me...”I’m going to give you a 15 minute exam on your work procedures.” So I shot back ,”I’ve never in the 24 years with this company heard of or personally gone through this, am I not working fast enough?” Nope, just checking to see if you’re checking your shipments for damages.
    Anybody else ever have this procedure sprung on them?

2. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Lol. Yes. This is the latest instalment of the stupidity the company has rolled out for the fos team. Efficiency tests.

trucknfool and vetran peddleman like this.
  3. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

Nope and never seen it done

4. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

Like these fos’s have time for that nonsense! Most are overworked and underpaid imo. It’s all about the numbers though, and no, I haven’t seen this at my place.

5. Bloodwidow

Bloodwidow Active Member

Never heard of this before. I write everything up damaged cause I don’t trust the next guy

6. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Just Smokin' the Blues...

We've got guys getting into trouble for not scanning quick enough after swiping on dock code. 11 minutes to find your lift, get your break trailer, open door processes and scan a shipment. Then, you have 8 minutes after your last scan to get to the clock and swipe out. Exceed any of these, and you're in the office.
    How in the world are you gonna do your job safely and proficiently with stuff like this hanging over your head? I know we must remain productive and their are things in place for that, but this stuff is getting wild.

vetran peddleman likes this.
  7. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

On top of trying to run the fac, our fos got a call right in the middle of the fac, and was told he was to do a conference call and test on dock efficiency. Told whoever called, I’m running an overloaded fac. I ain’t got time for this stupidity. Just asinine.

8. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Management has it way worse than we do. We had a massive turn over this year in our barn.

vetran peddleman likes this.
  9. highspeeds

Yeah. I walk out to the lane I load. And set up my trailers. Then go get a lift. There are dock dwell times on everything.

10. highspeeds

I write up everything that is tore up. And everything is tore up.

11. highspeeds

At least it's a member of management. And not some dock hand like the safe stack police.

12. Bloodwidow

Bloodwidow Active Member

Like I said everything. Even if it looks perfect. I’m not getting talked to for someone else coming long and spearing or crushing something after I loaded something

13. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

We’ve had 100% turnovers twice in the last year with Fos’s

14. vetran peddleman

vetran peddleman FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Just to put a period to my “efficiency test”, I took over from a driver working the i/b load and the only shipment on the stripper was my p&d freight. So I told my fos I’m just gonna turn these 2 crates around, head them up as my last stop on my peddle and I’ll be done here. I proceeded to do that as my fos watched me for a short period of time. Then he took off and as I finished he ran back to me and told me that I had to go see our tm to bid for next year. After that I came back to load up more freight on my peddle and he walked up to me and told me,” I know that i didn’t watch you load much(about 3.5 minutes), the only thing you didn’t do right was that you ran over a full sheet of plywood with your motor.” And then said that everything else was scored as a 2, which is like an A on a school report card he told me. He had me sign my exam sheet and then was off running to tackle some other issue on the dock or give someone else a 3.5 minute efficiency test. This kind of reminds of when I was in the military years ago with all their petty games that they played on me. That’s why I never re-enlisted then and why today I’m chumppin at the bit to be free from this place.

icuicp, dalesr, sabresfan and 2 others like this.
  15. dalesr

dalesr Well-Known Member

It’s the flavor of the day.

16. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

Someone told me it the time between you clock-in and first scan and last scan and clock-out. So what they do is clock-in and the first piece of freight they see on the dock they scan it and then scan it back to the dock and then do the same when they leave. They were told that what they were looking at the time from punch-in to the first scam, ie: move freight, open trailer, close trailer

prezars likes this.
  17. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

and that FOS still has a job

18. trucknfool

trucknfool Well-Known Member

I am glad that I got away from there !!!!
    How is sweeping the trailers out and clean up supposed to get done????

sucker666 likes this.