TForce | I got something from Amazon today & was surprised it was being delivered by Amazon.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
When the driver drove up to my driveway with a leased work van.
I thought it may have been a seasonal contractor for UPS Parcel.
However when the guy was getting the item my wife had purchased out of the truck.
I asked if he was delivering for UPS?

My wife & I order items from Amazon through out the year & they have always come by UPS.
Or the post office,this was a first.
I said I didn't know Amazon delivered their own stuff.

He said he worked for Amazon Trucking,& a Semi brought loads into a small distribution warehouse South of my area, then loaders loaded the route trucks for daily deliveries.

He said he was paid $15.00 per hour,& seemed to be happy working for Amazon.
He handed me my parcel & scanned it along with my address with his handheld computer & went on his way.
So it looks like this operation is modeled after small pack.

Last edited:
Amazon has been doing this in the Midwest for years now. I’m surprised it’s just happening in your area now.
The good thing about Amazon deliveries is they take pictures of the package at your door 95% of the time and you can see it in your order history on amazon.
Amazon uses themselves, UPS, FedEx, USPS for their deliveries.

They ordered 20,000 delivery vans I saw a few months back,but Amazon won’t own any of them. People,or I should say contractors, like fedex ground, will be contracted to deliver packages.

Keep dreaming. Amazon isn’t going to buy an ltl carrier especially a union outfit. That company is more anti employee than Walmart.
I agree. But freight will have a lot of empty terminals and equipment lying around if they don’t bring us back. At that point UPS could lease those terminals and equipment to Amazon.