FedEx Freight | I hate it when....

They follow it to the letter at my barn, it kinda sucks for me being that I'm almost the lowest guy on the totem pole.
Hey .... I want to say thanks for holding us all up ...bottom of the totem pole ...:hysterical: Oh I'm sorry ...you said ALMOST the bottom ...well thanks anyway.

They follow it to the letter at my barn, it kinda sucks for me being that I'm almost the lowest guy on the totem pole.

I now understand zath why you are so company orientated and like fedex slave said why you drank the whole pitcher of purple coolaid. :hysterical: Being new you aren't sick of the suckups getting their way while the workers get worked to death. Brace yourself driver it's like a bad storm. It's coming but you just have to wait for it to brew.:1036316054:

Glad to know your freight is loaded correctly and that you don't have to re-arrange it every morning..

How wonderful that you even get your 8 hours, let alone overtime. When you say very well paid compared to 99% percent of trucking co's..you are referring to LTL industry I hope, otherwise you are mistaken...can drive a tanker pulling jet fuel and make some damn good money..

Glad you work at a terminal that does not have dispatchers that get mad if you put your truck in the shop to be fixed

Maybe at your terminal, but not all of them..

did you forget the dock workers who were laid off last year? Or do they not count because they were PT?

It is rare nowadays that a company does not do these things..

You must have GTRDONE as a boss..

Great you manage to take it in the alloted window given and dont get written up for not being able too..

Yes, do you see were are others are coming from as well?

How do you know they have it good? Just because they have the same job as you does not mean you know everything. Why should a driver who has been with a company for 3-4-5 years or 10 or 15 leave. They have a right to voice complaints..you sound like you need to walk a mile in another drivers shoes driver...

I dissagree.

The one minute idle is a lawsuit waiting to happen when a car slams into the back of the truck and thier lawyer finds out about the one minute idle time.

Well said well put. No need to say more.:1036316054:

WHY IS IT NOT OK TO WANT BETTER?

It is perfectly ok to want better.. but some people just can't stop wanting! I have been on this merry-go-round long enough to know, that sometimes there are people that just will never be happy with everything. I mean, take yourself for an example.. You have worked for three companies in the past 10 years that I know of.. and you have hated all of them. :hysterical:

WHY ARE YOU TOLD TO LEAVE THE COMPANY IF YOU DON'T LIKE OR AGREE WITH SOMETHING?

I doubt a member of management higher than your Operations Manager has ever told you that if you did not like something to leave. If so, you were kind of goofy not to ask for it in writing, and with a HR witness.

WHY DOESN'T FEDEX REPORT OUR(FXF) OPERATING RATIO THEY REPORT THE COMPANY AS A WHOLE. I'LL TELL YOU WHY BECAUSE FREIGHT IS MAKING MONEY HAND OVER FIST AND THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANY BACK TO THE EMPLOYEES EVEN THOUGH THE COMPANY CAN EASILY AFFORD TO.

I find it amusing that you posted this... I have seen "AMY", I know round about what your bonuses were. Even though you are having problems with Cigna, your rates did not increase in 2008, other than a copay. Since I am on the Cigna subject, I see you are still having problems.. have you gone to anyone on this for help. I deal with about 400 employees daily.. and I have none that are still dealing with the processing problems.. They might have something messed up in their system.. Did you not say that this happened to you before? Heck, I will even try to help you straighten that out if need be.. You know where to find me

keep in mind if FedEx ever does come around and give us better Bennie's or give us written policy its because of guys like me speaking up for myself and my fellow drivers and if that day ever comes no need to apologize to me just say thank you.

You kill me JJ... :chairshot:

Idle Time

With the Cummins equipped tractors, there are a few ways to keep the engine from shutting down. The only problem is that you can't leave your seat. Check Engine light flash after 30 seconds. You can override the shutdown by depressing the clutch, applying the service brakes(foot and hand) or hitting the throttle. Any of these methods will reset the timer and you will have another minute.

It is perfectly ok to want better.. but some people just can't stop wanting! I have been on this merry-go-round long enough to know, that sometimes there are people that just will never be happy with everything. I mean, take yourself for an example.. You have worked for three companies in the past 10 years that I know of.. and you have hated all of them. :hysterical:

I doubt a member of management higher than your Operations Manager has ever told you that if you did not like something to leave. If so, you were kind of goofy not to ask for it in writing, and with a HR witness.

I find it amusing that you posted this... I have seen "AMY", I know round about what your bonuses were. Even though you are having problems with Cigna, your rates did not increase in 2008, other than a copay. Since I am on the Cigna subject, I see you are still having problems.. have you gone to anyone on this for help. I deal with about 400 employees daily.. and I have none that are still dealing with the processing problems.. They might have something messed up in their system.. Did you not say that this happened to you before? Heck, I will even try to help you straighten that out if need be.. You know where to find me

Not to be picky.......but i kept everything the same on my insurance and it did go up $4 a week for 2008

I hate it when I come to work and all the freight is loaded, and I never have to work on the dock. I hate it how we get OT after 8 hours. I hate it how we are very welled paid compared to 99% of trucking companies. I hate it how our mechanics fix problems almost as soon as it's written up, and in some cases before I even realized there was a problem. I hate it how all of our trucks have working AC. I hate it how we've never had a layoff. I hate it how the company gives us a 401 match and a pension. I hate it how all of my managers are caring good hard working people. I hate it how the company actually gives us a lunch, unlike many companies. Do you see what I'm getting at? I work with some very ungrateful people who have no idea how good they have it. Just because things change, they get all pissy and talk trash about this company. Here is a hint of advice, LEAVE. You know why they don't? because they wont get it any better anywhere else. I am not saying this place is perfect (like the 1 min idle and our intermecs), no place is. But you know what? If that 1 minute idle helps us make more money so they wont cut our pay... I'm all for it.

Dam. You sound like my boss at work. Look there is people like you in life that are happy with what you have. And that's good no downing that. But if you could have it better at your company why not. As big as this company is Thank about that. Where I'm at why should I get yelled at on the dock. Why should I have to wait 7hrs to take my lunch when it says to take it before 6. Why don't they let me take my 2 breaks like I'm supposed to. Why do I get written up for going 2min overtime in one day. Dam Why don't I get my 40hrs in a week. Why do I drive 48 miles a day to and from work. And then get sent home after 4 hrs of work in a day. And I should go look for anther place to work. I don't think so. Because If this company is taking care of you like you say they are then why don't I get taking care of like that. See there is people that see your point and people like me that don't. As big as this company is we should all be taken care of the same way.

With the Cummins equipped tractors, there are a few ways to keep the engine from shutting down. The only problem is that you can't leave your seat. Check Engine light flash after 30 seconds. You can override the shutdown by depressing the clutch, applying the service brakes(foot and hand) or hitting the throttle. Any of these methods will reset the timer and you will have another minute.

I agree the 1 min shutoff is bull, however, if they think they can save enough fuel by doing this, we could be running down the road at 60 or 62 mph like conway and a few other carriers. I will gladly take the 1 min timer and wave at them as i am passing them:1036316054:

I now understand zath why you are so company orientated and like fedex slave said why you drank the whole pitcher of purple coolaid. :hysterical: Being new you aren't sick of the suckups getting their way while the workers get worked to death. Brace yourself driver it's like a bad storm. It's coming but you just have to wait for it to brew.:1036316054:

Zath if you need a storm cloud of doom and gloom to hang over your head i am sure you could borrow one of atvnuts he like to carry a spare incase his day looks to promising....:biglaugh::biglaugh:...jk, how are you atvnut ??

If the management is being made up from Ex Conway regects as some of these threads have leaded too. The 60-62 mph max speed is on its way

gtr,
i did not hate conway when i left i just needed to make more money now because my son was on his way about a year earlier than we had planned.
i didn't alway hate the other place i hatewd what i was doing there i got into trucking to be a trucker not an ops mgr

your bad if you think i'm lying about someone higher up than you telling me to quit i will pm you his name

copay and deductable went up on our insurance.i think most of my problems have worked out with cigna except what got sent to collections.i also believe meds went up as well.cigna now has me trained not to got to the doctor ever unless you are about to die its not worth the head ache.

oh yeah it 3 companies in 11 years not 10 act for 6yrs conway 8 mos fxfef or the rest of the time.

i would be happy here if our health care was reasonable and seniority was followed and we had written rules.i think there are many companies out there who offer all 3 why not ours?

NO I WON'T GO WORK FOR ONE OF THEM SO DON'T SAY IT.I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO START OVER BECAUSE FEDEX WENT FROM PEOPLE FIRST TO PURPLE FIRST

I hate it when I come to work and all the freight is loaded, and I never have to work on the dock. I hate it how we get OT after 8 hours. I hate it how we are very welled paid compared to 99% of trucking companies. I hate it how our mechanics fix problems almost as soon as it's written up, and in some cases before I even realized there was a problem. I hate it how all of our trucks have working AC. I hate it how we've never had a layoff. I hate it how the company gives us a 401 match and a pension. I hate it how all of my managers are caring good hard working people. I hate it how the company actually gives us a lunch, unlike many companies. Do you see what I'm getting at? I work with some very ungrateful people who have no idea how good they have it. Just because things change, they get all pissy and talk trash about this company. Here is a hint of advice, LEAVE. You know why they don't? because they wont get it any better anywhere else. I am not saying this place is perfect (like the 1 min idle and our intermecs), no place is. But you know what? If that 1 minute idle helps us make more money so they wont cut our pay... I'm all for it.

Talk to me when you're close to retirement and you're looking at a whopping $600 a month "pension" because that 401K tanked way back in 2009 and SS was raided to rebuild our infrastructure and continue the 27 year Iraqi war.

NO I WON'T GO WORK FOR ONE OF THEM SO DON'T SAY IT.I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO START OVER BECAUSE FEDEX WENT FROM PEOPLE FIRST TO PURPLE FIRST

In my personal opinion, and from talking to your counterparts over the course of the last few years.. FXF did not go from people first to purple first... CIN is the one that did. How many managers have you guys had since you have been there. Obviously there is a problem. Both with the employees, and the people that are put there to help change it.. PHL, YRK, WMD, ALT are all around you and they do not have all the problems that your center does.. I have seen the turnover there, and no the problems that you guys have faced... Maybe they should just clean house and start over...

Zath if you need a storm cloud of doom and gloom to hang over your head i am sure you could borrow one of atvnuts he like to carry a spare incase his day looks to promising....:biglaugh::biglaugh:...jk, how are you atvnut ??

My center should have been built on an arc. The storm is coming everyone onboard!!! The only problem is there's way to many jackasses to only allow two onboard. I'm doing alright FL how are you?

In my personal opinion, and from talking to your counterparts over the course of the last few years.. FXF did not go from people first to purple first... CIN is the one that did. How many managers have you guys had since you have been there. Obviously there is a problem. Both with the employees, and the people that are put there to help change it.. PHL, YRK, WMD, ALT are all around you and they do not have all the problems that your center does.. I have seen the turnover there, and no the problems that you guys have faced... Maybe they should just clean house and start over...

red shirt turn over is high not purple shirt.the mechanic turn over is high too. what about these center vnl sbr and i don't know the alpha code for wilmington DE there are many problems at those centers. plus i hear newark nj has its share of problems as well as pos.don't try to black sheep me and my guys at cin

The more I read here the more I realize that management is activley doing whatever they can to **** off their employees. I think that things have gone beyond stupid 22 year old college grads thinking they are going to save the world from labor. I think its to the point that management has a real loathing for its employees and wish's them all to die so they can hire 22 year unaware people and use them until they get a real world view and tell them to cram it all up their asses.

I can't say why they are doing this right at this point in time and not risk being banned, but at some point, the working conditions are going to make it favorable to the company when they have to sit down with some other people.

All I know is that at my SC, from superviors on down, people want to leave. And the main reason is the occupant of the corner office that apparently is untouchable by both his immediate boss and those above him. His immediate boss told one driver, "there is nothing I can do." Really. I can smell the bovine excrement from 20 miles away.

I do have the feeling of gathering Karma. Like watching a hurricane develop out in the Gulf of Mexico. All we as stupid hourly employees can do is keep our heads down and try to sandbag our positions. We're hoping that we'll be like Katrina victims. Forgotten and unknown.

We recently found a little more ammo. Good luck! (I know you read this board and I also know you think you know who this is. Close, but no cigar. He thinks its funny and feels the hatred from you, but spends his time away from work, away from work. If you know what I mean. He reads here, but doesn't feel the need to post. Not worth the energy he says.)

red shirt turn over is high not purple shirt.the mechanic turn over is high too. what about these center vnl sbr and i don't know the alpha code for wilmington DE there are many problems at those centers. plus i hear newark nj has its share of problems as well as pos.don't try to black sheep me and my guys at cin

I only speak of the centers that I know.. I try to stay away from the north.. you know we Southerners still think the North and South are at war.. hahah

Would ya listen to all these guys making +$22.00/hr whining all day long? What gives? So you got 38 hours this week while some junior man got 42? You're still making damn good money. Why don't you quit and go over the road and make the same money working double the hours and living out of a truck?

It's like a bunch of little girls here. I tried to get on with FedEx Freight for 5 years and they were never ever hiring because guys who have those jobs around here NEVER leave. Ended up hiring on with FedEx National which isn't as good but still better than alot of trucking jobs.

Would ya listen to all these guys making +$22.00/hr whining all day long? What gives? So you got 38 hours this week while some junior man got 42? You're still making damn good money. Why don't you quit and go over the road and make the same money working double the hours and living out of a truck?

It's like a bunch of little girls here. I tried to get on with FedEx Freight for 5 years and they were never ever hiring because guys who have those jobs around here NEVER leave. Ended up hiring on with FedEx National which isn't as good but still better than alot of trucking jobs.

i'm suprised you got hired on at national i though fedex's policy was to not hire any more A$$H0L3$